Revenue by the numbers | Syracusefan.com

Revenue by the numbers

I found a site with some definitional language. If I read it correctly revenue can include donor support as well as support from government sources as well as student fees for athletics. So state schools may derive revenue there. I also recall that Rutgers, for example, charges all students a mandatory (?) athletics fee.
So this seems to be a measure of where each athletic program gets all of its money, by category, not a proxy for popularity or profitability . Not sure where NIL comes in if at all.

Last edited:
Sorry if already posted someplace.

If we get back on track in both our major sports, we could quickly jump 20 places in that list. Many of them in the middle tier are grouped pretty close together in terms of revenue.

If someone smarter than me can determine the football programs who out perform their revenue rankings it would be interesting to see.

It's a nice report but includes donations.
SU is extremely well positioned for a small private school.
Values on the list would include:
NC state
Tulane
Cincinnati
West Virginia
Houston
Liberty
App state.

Didn't I see somewhere that SU was in the top 5 in basketball revenue. If that is true, then our other sources of revenue must be very poor relatively speaking.

Didn't I see somewhere that SU was in the top 5 in basketball revenue. If that is true, then our other sources of revenue must be very poor relatively speaking.
There’s only 2 revenue sports. You can figure out which one has been dragging us down.

football is the biggest revenue generator, our top crowds are in the low 40s, while the factories get 70,000-120,000. That's why we lag behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom