Richardson 44% from 3 in 13 games since SJU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Richardson 44% from 3 in 13 games since SJU

After watching several teams got hot over the years vs. us in the tourney and beat us strictly from 3, it would be nice to be on the other side and pull off an upset or 2.

re: Cooney -- he's not like Mali at all. MR is the type of shooter that is consistent for the most part game in and game out; Cooney is the dude that gets crazy hot for 2 games, then super cold for 3. At the end of the year, they will shoot close to the same from 3, but they do it drastically different ways. Cooney is a player who if G and MR are solid from 3, can go bonkers and go something like 7/11 from 3 deep and single handily win us a few games.
I will disagree with you about Richardson.

Unlike Cooney, who seems to have some huge scoring games mixed in with low output games, Richardson has been incredibly streaky within games, on many occasions scoring the bulk of his points in the second half. Still, because he's a freshman, I'm not convinced this will be his ultimate indentity.

Roberson is efficient. He is the number 1 offensive rebounder in the ACC and top 10 in the nation. He shoots a high percentage because he has stopped taking jumpers and shoots a high percentage.

Roberson is the glue guy we need to win.
Glue guys are not "go-to" on offense; they just continually do good things that the team needs. In Roberson's case, that mostly consists of prolonging possessions. True, on a good day, he has an elbow jumper. He's also productive rolling to the rim in the P/R. But for a guy with an unreliable jump shot and poor foul shooting (near 50%), he's found a niche as a monster on the offensive glass and a potent second-chance scorer. That's a valuable skill on a jumpshooting team. Lately, I've also noticed him contesting shots inside on D .. which has helped adjust to the absence of a shot-blocker. Hard-worker who's found his place at the back of the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom