RIP Tik Tok? | Syracusefan.com

RIP Tik Tok?

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
So the Tik Tok ban passed the House and now moves to the Senate. I’m not a Tik Tok user, but can the ban pass constitutional scrutiny if it is in fact passed by the Senate??

So the Tik Tok ban passed the House and now moves to the Senate. I’m not a Tik Tok user, but can the ban pass constitutional scrutiny if it is in fact passed by the Senate??
It’s an espionage and data gathering program for the Chinese. Banning it does not limit anyone’s ability to make and publish stupid videos.

I’d be cool with them banning Chinese hardware companies, too. Lenovo (Chinese enough) and TCL come to mind.

It’s an espionage and data gathering program for the Chinese. Banning it does not limit anyone’s ability to make and publish stupid videos.
you'll have to explain to me the nefarious data being mined from tik tok users. what type of music they dance to in their driveways ? their pet pics ? what cosmetic tips or diet fads they click on ?
i just don't see any troop locations or nuclear codes or power grid passcodes getting likes .
please explain what national security secrets the chinese are collecting from teenagers ?

Last edited:
you'll have to explain to me the nefarious data being mined from tik tok users. what type of music they dance to in their driveways ? their pet pics ? what cosmetic tips or diet fads they click on ?
i just don't see any troop locations or nuclear codes or power grid passcodes getting likes .
please explain what national security secrets the chinese are collecting from teenagers ?

I’d have to research it but I think it is more along the lines of nefarious software or malware. You get a foot hold on millions of devices in your adversary’s sphere which you can then utilize as needs or opportunities arise later. Some of those teenagers will later join the military, their phones will be with them. Some will go on to get jobs at important industries or defense contractors. Their phones will be with them in meetings, factories, etc. I suspect that is more the idea. As a side benefit, I don’t think the Chinese hate it that an entire generation of their enemy’s youth is wasting away instead of studying or exercising or whatever else. There’s a reason kids in China are only allowed to use the internet for educational purposes and strictly limit kids to no more than 2 hours per day of screen time.

side benefit, I don’t think the Chinese hate it that an entire generation of their enemy’s youth is wasting away instead of studying or exercising or whatever else. There’s a reason kids in China are only allowed to use the internet for educational purposes and strictly limit kids to no more than 2 hours per day of screen time.
ok. so your phone threat theory i still believe to be culture war propaganda. to me not an issue. as to the above cited i've seen with my own eyes it has the ring of truth . in asian culture children are expected to work hard, get good grades and respect their teachers. just last thurs night at the craftsmen inn fayetteville i came down to the lobby ay 10 pm to grab some water . i saw about a dozen asian teens with their text books out working away quietly. i went back to the room and told my wife and she said she saw them in the lobby earlier when she returned from shopping. she's an ex teacher of 40 yrs and told me that's their culture. so i hate to be stereotypical . but there it was before me. different culture.

Last edited:

Private eyes
They're watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
They're watching you
Private eyes
They're watching you, watching you, watching you, watching you......

Private eyes
They're watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
They're watching you
Private eyes
They're watching you, watching you, watching you, watching you...
well i won't go for that . no can do.

My son is in the military intelligence field with the Navy, and his last post was with the NSA. He has never shied away from talking, in general terms, about what the Chinese were using TicTok for.

My son is in the military intelligence field with the Navy, and his last post was with the NSA. He has never shied away from talking, in general terms, about what the Chinese were using TicTok for.

I’m certain that most people have no idea the scale of cyber warfare we are already engaged with in terms of Russia and China. Only if you have a close connection or need to know would you be alert to it. For now anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom