#RiseUpForRob | Syracusefan.com

#RiseUpForRob

CUSU

Starter
I'm sure I don't have to retell the story from this past weekend regarding Rob Edson.

I never knew him but some of my good friends from high school are athletes at OCC. They have been truly touched by him and his efforts not only as an AD but a normal everyday person.

I am just doing what I can to help spread the word of the #RiseUpForRob hashtag. Below I will post some tweets from kids and other national names that new Rob. Some kids are trying to get SU to wear a RE sticker on their helmets this weekend. If any of you have ties with the athletic department and could make this happen that would mean the world to not only these people effected but Rob himself.

If you have twitter search riseupforrob and you will see some very inspirational/heartfelt stories about peoples encounters with Rob.

EDIT: It looks like SU is on board and has contacted ESPN according to some tweets.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas17m
RIP Rob Edson. Heartfelt condolences to Sue, his entire family, friends, and the SU and OCC communities. http://bit.ly/19ZUC3F

Marc Lomasky ‏@MarcLomasky18m
@JayBilas Spread the word #RiseUpForRob@MarcLomasky: SU should have "RE" on helmets this Saturday. #RiseUpForRob

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia21m
Terrific idea---->RT @MarcLomasky Starting the movement. SU should have "RE" on helmets this Saturday. #RiseUpForRob

Matt Park ‏@MattPark123m
I'd absolutely support that. “@MarcLomasky: @jhrubin @Michael_Cohen13 NunesMagician SU should have RE on helmets Saturday. #RiseUpForRob

Jacob Shortslef ‏@J_Shortslef28m
#RiseUpForRob

courtney ‏@courttt_eliz40m
Everyone I know, at occ we lost our amazing athletic director Rob Edson. Please tweet for me #RiseUpForRob so Espn will do a story on him!!!

courtney ‏@courttt_eliz39m
Even if you don't know him, he impacted so many people's lives including mine!! Please let's do this for him #RiseUpForRob

Mitch Howe ‏@RealMitchHowe46m
Well done OCC athletes. Local media (@BrentAxeMedia) just picked up #RiseUpForRob!

Ben Honahan ‏@BenHonahan3h
Gameday, this one's for you. #RiseUpForRob

Jessica Testa ‏@jtesta943h
"@Nagysprinter: A dad to two, a father to hundreds #riseupforrob http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/09/occ_athletic_director_and_form.html…" #RiseUpForRob

Ben Glidden ‏@beneg928m
The CNY community has started the hashtag #RiseUpForRob to help remember the impact he had on us all.

Sean Keeley ‏@NunesMagician16m
How do you guys feel about Syracuse putting RE on helmets this Saturday for Rob Edson? #RiseUpForRob H/T: @MarcLomasky

SU Orange Football ‏@CuseFootball2h
Rob Edson touched so many lives and it's evident by the recent outpouring of love. Join the #RiseUpForRob movement and help spread the word.

SarBear ✨ ‏@AirBregg2338m
For the man who deserves it all and so much more. #RiseUpForRob

Sophie Jackson ‏@sophie__jack1h
SU athletics department AND the director of communications at SU are now going to help us reach out ESPN #RiseUpForRob

SarBear ✨ ‏@AirBregg232h
Proud to announce that the Syracuse Athletic Department is now on board with the #RiseUpForRob movement!!!

Matt Massenzio ‏@Massaz0415 Sep
Look for me on the 11 o clock new on news channel 9 #RiseUpForRob

Great job by the OCC students. I hope we see an RE on the helmets this weekend and I hope that more is done to honor Rob's commitment to SU.

Great job by the OCC students. I hope we see an RE on the helmets this weekend and I hope that more is done to honor Rob's commitment to SU.

Agree, community lost a great man, lets get RE on those helmets boys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom