Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

Oh, I know all too well and personally. I married one. Mine, and much worse, my childrens' lives were living hell as they grew up on far too many days. Its utterly traumatic. I know it when I see it, and I def see it in Rob's behavior, even in writing. Lots of 'swings' in mood, shifting blame, anger etc. His rage towards Fran and the DeLeone letter, at the whole athletic admin (bc he seeminlgly didn't get what he wanted), in contrast to the his admiration for those he believes are on his side.
Classic signs. Narcissism is a very, very real, and difficult condition to treat, as people with it believe by default nothing is wrong with them, and everything is wrong with everyone else.
Excessive insecurity leading to excessive overcompensation.

OMG, old... .true dat, wow.

Old is right, double wow. I've given hundreds of public talks in my day, I recall that one was probably my worst.

No one seemed to fully appreciate my reflections on my experience of one of the two lesbians spitting on me freshman year there when I was caught staring at them going full on in public as something I'd never seen before! It was further down hill from there...

Well, you've got my attention now!

Being a Finance guy, I'm going to take the high road here. Rob's behavior is not an example of how anyone should act, in Finance or otherwise. But generalizing and stereotyping an entire career discipline is not a good look for you.
Yeah that’s a silly comment

Where on this doll did the bad finance man touch you?
1710450101407.gif

Let’s keep it simple player (in college) only.
If we're talking simply on field performance only:

Ernie Davis (Heisman, 2 time AA, NC, COF HOF, #1 Overall NFL Draft Pick)
Jim Brown (Multi Sport AA, COF HOF, #6 Overall NFL Draft Pick, NFL HOF, Arguably greatest player to play at the NCAA or NFL levels)
Floyd Little (3 time AA, COF HOF, #6 Overall NFL Draft Pick, NFL HOF, Gained the most yards of the 3 at the college level)

Then there is a big gap here...

Michael Owens (1k back his senior year, 2k career yards, 9th round NFL pick)
Rob Konrad (over 1.5k yards during career, 2nd NFL round pick)
Terry Richardson (9th round pick, over 1.5k yards during career, Undrafted)

Then I think you have a group of:
Tom Stephens
William Schoonover
Glenn Moore
Richard Panczyszyn

And then Mandel Robinson.

I don't really consider anyone before Jim Brown part of the discussion. And I gave Ernie the nod because he won the Heisman (I know JB got robbed).

And there are a number of former SU backs that would be above the second group if they wore the 44, starting with Larry Csonka and Joe Morris. But guys like Walter Reyes, Sean Tucker, Delone Carter, James Mungro, David Walker, Dee Brown, Jerome Smith etc.

Last edited:
Michael Owens was a far better player in the number 44 than Konrad was. More memorable moments, the WV conversion run for starters. Konrad was obviously good, and he got drafted. He wore 44, but some 44s are more equal than others.
I’m no math scholar , but isn’t one 44 = to another 44, by definition.

Does this require a top to bottom ranking of the 44’s, with the three listed above as 1A, B and C? Btw, I did not know Jim Brown was only the 6th pick in the draft.
There were a lot of dumb people back in the day.
They still were around in 1987 when the Holy Cross kid cost Donnie the Heisman.
Someone playing at that level of football shouldn't have been eligible for votes.

OMG, old... .true dat, wow.

Old is right, double wow. I've given hundreds of public talks in my day, I recall that one was probably my worst.

No one seemed to fully appreciate my reflections on my experience of one of the two lesbians spitting on me freshman year there when I was caught staring at them going full on in public as something I'd never seen before! It was further down hill from there...

If anyone had a recording/video of that pep talk, I’d pay to see/hear it. Sounds AWESOME.

The AD is negligent if we continue to let this guy peacock around talking about how he was the last to wear #44. Give it to LQA who cracked 1,000 and has stuck with the program despite a coaching change and whatever happened a year ago. Hopefully we don't wait too long for someone after him to be worthy.

I got paired with his dad at a public course outside of Boston about 15 years ago. Saw my SU headcover and the first thing he said was 'my son was the last to wear #44 for Syracuse.'

In other words, he took a long standing and proud legacy at Syracuse and killed it.

He can go with his idiotic narrative; I’ll go with mine.

I wonder if Rob's a$$ is ever jealous of his mouth for the amount of crap that comes out of it.

In other words, he took a long standing and proud legacy at Syracuse and killed it.

Did he follow that up with: "And as a freshman, he showed up to preseason camp with a 52-quart Igloo cooler filled with weed?"

Frankly, that's almost as impressive as being the last to wear 44, even more so when you realize the coaching staff never caught him.

You can't be successful in finance and be decent/smart. You're taking advantage of others to make money.

EDIT: Should've said in the private investment finance. Apologies.
Yeah. Might need to walk that one back.

Last edited:
It sounds like Rob Konrad's whole identity is wrapped up into being a former #44. The best way to honor the #44 is to unretire it and put it on the field. In every TV broadcast in which it is worn the announcers will talk about Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, & Floyd Little (especially since many of those announcers will be SU grads).

P.S. Jim Brown also was inducted into the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame (in 1983) and is still considered by many as the greatest lacrosse player of all time (Gary Gait notwithstanding). They even changed the rules of lacrosse because of him. One of Jim Brown's favorite sayings was "I'd like to play lacrosse 6 days a week and football on Sunday".

He has not killed anything, you can both go with your own narrative. Personal choice. However the legend of 44 will never die, go away or be tarnished. Grace will always win despite personal choice take it to the bank. Go Ernie, and go Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom