Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

I get the impression he honestly thinks the 44 was retired in part because of him. It’s such a strange position to take because he wouldn’t have even been able to wear the number if it had been retired in the 70’s or 80’s for the 3 guys it was retired for.
Gary likes buttered sausage

If you've taken your case to Twitter where you have only around 2k followers, of which I'm sure there are numerous bots and inactive users, you're probably at the end of your avenues in getting your way.

Just my 0.02. I'd say this about literally anyone doing this.

IMO, this administration and certain NILs have shown they know who and who not to partner with. I trust the people in charge.

I posted this earlier but this was a reply I did to his post on Twitter. Pretty benign and logical, if the number had been retired before he was on campus even he wouldn’t have been able to wear the 44. Not that controversial.

His reply was egocentric but whatever.

Then he proceeds at almost 1am last night to dm me this and then block me. I didn’t tweet or reply anything to him beyond my original tweet reply.

View attachment 238739

The guy needs help.
Holy what a whack job. Distance themselves immediately.

Translation:

look at me GIF

Last edited:
With everything, egos and control gets in the way. I get why the school wants to consolidate NIL efforts. You need one that appeals to grassroots fans -- that's what the Orange United One is all about.

The one Konrad is touting I'm sure has lots of money with the Burtons involved. And I'm glad to have them supporting athletes. Think the more money the better -- Konrad shouldn't be bashing one or the over. I could care less who secures what player. The total money is what FB cares about, not who gets the credit. And to be honest, he should take the credit for getting the players.

These collectives need to be quiet and behind the scenes unless they're raising grass roots money, which is part of the benefit of Orange United. If you want NIL to count in your donation history, you need one aligned with the school for instance. That's why the school has a preferred one so they can start recognizing those contributions. Plus, the school cares about all athletes, not just football. I get some big boosters dont and I commend them for supporting the football team.

Wish Rob would just shut up.

With everything, egos and control gets in the way. I get why the school wants to consolidate NIL efforts. You need one that appeals to grassroots fans -- that's what the Orange United One is all about.

The one Konrad is touting I'm sure has lots of money with the Burtons involved. And I'm glad to have them supporting athletes. Think the more money the better -- Konrad shouldn't be bashing one or the over. I could care less who secures what player. The total money is what FB cares about, not who gets the credit. And to be honest, he should take the credit for getting the players.

These collectives need to be quiet and behind the scenes unless they're raising grass roots money, which is part of the benefit of Orange United. If you want NIL to count in your donation history, you need one aligned with the school for instance. That's why the school has a preferred one so they can start recognizing those contributions. Plus, the school cares about all athletes, not just football. I get some big boosters dont and I commend them for supporting the football team.

Yeah with Orange United you can select a specific sport if you want to - it’s not like you can’t make Football specific donations through OU. That’s what I’m doing monthly.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier but this was a reply I did to his post on Twitter. Pretty benign and logical, if the number had been retired before he was on campus even he wouldn’t have been able to wear the 44. Not that controversial.

His reply was egocentric but whatever.

Then he proceeds at almost 1am last night to dm me this and then block me. I didn’t tweet or reply anything to him beyond my original tweet reply.

View attachment 238739

The guy needs help.
This is some psycho behavior. Seriously needs help. Though part of me can't wait for the tantrum when we have a new 44.

I think he definitely needs help but part of this from what I’ve been able to glean is that he legitimately thinks 44 was in part retired because of his contribution. Seriously.
Just hilarious. Dudes a poster child with his time here for one of the most under achieving players ever at syracuse. Sure some was due to frequent injury, but the one overriding memory I have was expecting and hoping he’d do more here.

As a former AA/HOF type player myself in the sport (I say to demonstrate bonafides), anyway the result of this is its things I know about and then recognize cognitive concerns. Someone in his life needs to rein him in if he can’t do it himself, which is looking likely to be the case.

Last edited:

There’s some real important points in here.

It’s also critical to know that, last I knew and things could have changed, the two that Konrad points out are looking for significant $$$. Like thousands of dollar donations.

Orange United is looking for the every day fan (you know the average CNY fan). They figure if they can get a bunch of $10-25 a month donors, they will be bringing in a few million to give to ALL sports.

Just unbelievable the damage he could be causing against Syracuse athletes and it’s a shame

Last edited:
There’s some real important points in here.

It’s also critical to know that, last I knew and things could have changed, the two that Konrad points out are looking for significant $$$. Like thousands of dollar donations.

Orange United is looking for the every day fan (you know the average CNY fan). They figure if they can get a bunch of $10-25 a month donors, they will be bringing in a few million to give to ALL sports.

Just unbelievable the damage he could be causing against Syracuse athletes and it’s a shame
Precisely. And the problem with what Rob is doing is that it causes issues for Orange United when they’re also trying to solicit businesses beyond the everyday fans. Everyone should be aligned on raising money for SU NILs. Take your pissing match offline and deal with it like an adult. You want your own NIL so you have a say in doing deals with athletes? Go for it. But don’t make it a competition. It’s bad for the school you claim to care about.

Precisely. And the problem with what Rob is doing is that it causes issues for Orange United when they’re also trying to solicit businesses beyond the everyday fans. Everyone should be aligned on raising money for SU NILs. Take your pissing match offline and deal with it like an adult. You want your own NIL so you have a say in doing deals with athletes? Go for it. But don’t make it a competition. It’s bad for the school you claim to care about.
Yeah he takes it public on Twitter (why?) and then naturally there are Syracuse fans on there that know nothing of his recent history and immediately back him up. If he cared about anything to do with the Syracuse program he wouldn't be doing stuff like this but he clearly doesn't.

Just hilarious. Dudes a poster child with his time here for one of the most under achieving players ever at syracuse. Sure some was due to frequent injury, but the one overriding memory I have was expecting and hoping he’d do more here.

As a former AA/HOF type player myself in the sport (I say to demonstrate bonafides), anyway the result of this is its things I know about and then recognize cognitive concerns. Someone in his life needs to rein him in if he can’t do it himself, which is looking likely to be the case.
Hamilton legend. Just so the board knows, Cuseregular is one of what, two all Americans in Hamilton history?

He’s also old. Just to remind him how old he is, he gave me a pep talk when I played there.

24 years ago. Which was my senior year.

Last edited:

Sometimes a douche is just a douche.

I seem to recall an article that was posted here at one point that looked back at the classic 1998 SU-Tennessee game.

There were quotes from former UT players who were gabsmocked by McNabb’s athleticism in that game.

But the same players talked about how soft a player Rob was. Would be interesting if someone has a link.

Hamilton legend. Just so the board knows, Cuseregular is one of what, two all Americans in Hamilton history?

He’s also old. Just to remind him how old he is, he gave me a pep talk when I played there.

24 years ago. Which was my senior year.
OMG, old... .true dat, wow.

Old is right, double wow. I've given hundreds of public talks in my day, I recall that one was probably my worst.

No one seemed to fully appreciate my reflections on my experience of one of the two lesbians spitting on me freshman year there when I was caught staring at them going full on in public as something I'd never seen before! It was further down hill from there...

Last edited:
The AD is negligent if we continue to let this guy peacock around talking about how he was the last to wear #44. Give it to LQA who cracked 1,000 and has stuck with the program despite a coaching change and whatever happened a year ago. Hopefully we don't wait too long for someone after him to be worthy.

I got paired with his dad at a public course outside of Boston about 15 years ago. Saw my SU headcover and the first thing he said was 'my son was the last to wear #44 for Syracuse.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom