Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

Guy is an idiot who should shut the hell up.

CTE. Probably booze. Also a jerk.

Also reinforces my thought that one can be successful in finance through sheer force of will and connections. Not necessarily by being smart or decent.
You can't be successful in finance and be decent/smart. You're taking advantage of others to make money.

EDIT: Should've said in the private investment finance. Apologies.

Last edited:
He seems like a total . Whether he's right or wrong (or somewhere in between), ADJW can probably manage this situation a little better. A brief zoom or call with Konrad to discuss his issues, followed by a simple tweet saying what a pleasure it was to speak with one of the 44's about the trajectory of the program, would (i) placate him and/or (ii) any more nonsense coming from him.

It takes little effort. If he persists with his X attacks, just respond with, "thanks for sharing, looking forward to further productive discussions". Staying on the high road tends to discredit the person making the attacks.
Just my 2 cents (based on 2004 prices).

You can't be successful in finance and be decent/smart. You're taking advantage of others to make money.
That is ridiculous. You absolutely can. I spent the last 46 years of my life in finance. I have helped people live better in retirement and educate their kids. Some of the finest people I have ever met are in finance. And yes, some of the worst. Like any other profession. Dr's Lawyers. Teachers.

Last edited:
He seems like a total . Whether he's right or wrong (or somewhere in between), ADJW can probably manage this situation a little better. A brief zoom or call with Konrad to discuss his issues, followed by a simple tweet saying what a pleasure it was to speak with one of the 44's about the trajectory of the program, would (i) placate him and/or (ii) any more nonsense coming from him.

It takes little effort. If he persists with his X attacks, just respond with, "thanks for sharing, looking forward to further productive discussions". Staying on the high road tends to discredit the person making the attacks.
Just my 2 cents (based on 2004 prices).
I think better off ignoring him than acknowledging him.

Being a Finance guy, I'm going to take the high road here. Rob's behavior is not an example of how anyone should act, in Finance or otherwise. But generalizing and stereotyping an entire career discipline is not a good look for you.

Last edited:
The AD is negligent if we continue to let this guy peacock around talking about how he was the last to wear #44. Give it to LQA who cracked 1,000 and has stuck with the program despite a coaching change and whatever happened a year ago. Hopefully we don't wait too long for someone after him to be worthy.

I got paired with his dad at a public course outside of Boston about 15 years ago. Saw my SU headcover and the first thing he said was 'my son was the last to wear #44 for Syracuse.'
Think about how ridiculous it is. The number was retired because of:

Jim Brown - 2 Sport AA, COF HOF, NFL HOF, #6 Overall Pick
Ernie Davis - Heisman Trophy, 2 Time AA, COF HOF, #1 NFL Overall Pick
Floyd Little - 3 Time AA, COF HOF, NFL HOF, #6 Overall Pick

Not:

Rob Konrad - Not an AA, Not a COF HOF, Not a 1st round pick, Not a NFL HOF

The worst thing that happened here to contribute to the delusion was the ACC naming him a legend. He's a legend in his own mind that's for sure.

Not:

The worst thing that happened here to contribute to the delusion was the ACC naming him a legend. He's a legend in his own mind that's for sure.
Does this require a top to bottom ranking of the 44’s, with the three listed above as 1A, B and C? Btw, I did not know Jim Brown was only the 6th pick in the draft.

Not necessarily. I chose my words carefully. One can be decent and smart and be successful in finance. But one doesn’t *have* to be. Clearly that’s RK.

I said what I did because when I bring up CTE and Booze and general D’baggery I get “but he’s successful”. So yeah, one can be successful and still be all of the three things I mentioned.

Not necessarily. I chose my words carefully. One can be decent and smart and be successful in finance. But one doesn’t *have* to be. Clearly that’s RK.

I said what I did because when I bring up CTE and Booze and general D’baggery I get “but he’s successful”. So yeah, one can be successful and still be all of the three things I mentioned.
You could easily generalize all people in Sales the same way if you wanted to. I've ran into some of the dishonest, unscrupulous types but I don't think all Sales professionals are like that nor would I ever say that.

One thing I know - if I'm an investor in his PE firm and I'm witnessing this type of behavior, I'd start getting very concerned about my investments.

You could easily generalize all people in Sales the same way if you wanted to. I've ran into some of the dishonest, unscrupulous types but I don't think all Sales professionals are like that nor would I ever say that.

One thing I know - if I'm an investor in his PE firm and I'm witnessing this type of behavior, I'd start getting very concerned about my investments.
If you can't make fun of sales who can you make fun of though?

Do we even know if he's doing anything in his firm more than glad-handing clients and prospective clients? PE firms have sales people too.

Not really. The Mona Lisa is a 500 year old painting by a master and has stood the test of time and has a current value of 980 million.
Half of this board could paint the Mona Lisa. Case of brand hysteria.

Not:

Michael Owens was a far better player in the number 44 than Konrad was. More memorable moments, the WV conversion run for starters. Konrad was obviously good, and he got drafted. He wore 44, but some 44s are more equal than others.

That is ridiculous. You absolutely can. I spent the last 46 years of my life in finance. I have helped people live better in retirement and educate their kids. Some of the finest people I have ever met are in finance. And yes, some of the worst. Like any other profession. Dr's Lawyers. Teachers.
Being a Finance guy, I'm going to take the high road here. Rob's behavior is not an example of how anyone should act, in Finance or otherwise. But generalizing and stereotyping an entire career discipline is not a good look for you.
Apologies. I definitely generalized what I was referring to. Meant more of a private investment side.

Apologies. I definitely generalized what I was referring to. Meant more of a private investment side.
It really depends. I'll say that I don't envy anyone working for Rob. He reminds me of the worst of General Partners I've encountered, and their firm culture generally follows suit.

Oh, I know all too well and personally. I married one. Mine, and much worse, my childrens' lives were living hell as they grew up on far too many days. Its utterly traumatic. I know it when I see it, and I def see it in Rob's behavior, even in writing. Lots of 'swings' in mood, shifting blame, anger etc. His rage towards Fran and the DeLeone letter, at the whole athletic admin (bc he seeminlgly didn't get what he wanted), in contrast to the his admiration for those he believes are on his side.
Classic signs. Narcissism is a very, very real, and difficult condition to treat, as people with it believe by default nothing is wrong with them, and everything is wrong with everyone else.
A real thing. But also an incredibly over-used term. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a narcissist. Not everyone who does terrible things is one. Some people are just traditional, run-of-the-mill A-ho13$. And that’s not a personality disorder. It’s just an A-hole.

Again, I said what I said because some people push back against RK being a douchey, addled jerk by saying that he runs a successful finance firm. My point is that one can be a douchey, addled jerk and run a finance firm. And it doesn’t matter if it’s finance or anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom