Rob Murphy leaving Eastern Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Rob Murphy leaving Eastern Michigan

Good for Murph, that's a pretty big step. Hope he's atleast an assistant coach

Awesome.

Edited: Maybe I'm speaking selfishly as a Magic/Syracuse fan ... this sucks for EMU.

Nice cushy job with a franchise that won't be in the playoffs for the forseeable future. No pressure..

Sounds like there might be more to that story.

Sounds like there might be more to that story.
That's what i was thinking. Kind of move you see right before bad news comes out. Hope it's nothing, obviously.

Good for the Syracuse brand another guy with strong ties to the program in the NBA.....Cleavland's GM stayed openly that his relationships with members of the program helped them feel comfortable picking Dion without working him out.

Dash got hosed!
Not really. He needed/wanted to be close to his family, and he is.

It's definitely odd timing with school about to start.

Like others, I suspect there's more to the story.

there has to be a lot more to this. Not a cool thing to do to EMU.

For a job in scouting? After just one year at E. Michigan? I never took Murphy to be that type of guy. The more I think about it the more confident I feel that there is much more to the story. I've never heard of a coach work his way up to being the head coach at a Division 1 school, wins coach of the year in his conference, and bolts for a behind the scenes type job with a rebuilding organization. I dont see how that helps your resume more then just continuing as a head coach.

For a job in scouting? After just one year at E. Michigan? I never took Murphy to be that type of guy. The more I think about it the more confident I feel that there is much more to the story. I've never heard of a coach work his way up to being the head coach at a Division 1 school, wins coach of the year in his conference, and bolts for a behind the scenes type job with a rebuilding organization. I dont see how that helps your resume more then just continuing as a head coach.

I guess some coaches would just rather work in the NBA than on the college level, no matter how successful they've been in college or how much potential they have there. See Weaver, Troy.

I guess some guys don't care about their asst's or the commitment to a school that took a chance on them. There has to be more to the story.

maybe Jake will be getting a head coaching gig before we thought possible...

I guess some guys don't care about their asst's or the commitment to a school that took a chance on them. There has to be more to the story.

It's very strange, that's for sure.

On behalf of my father, an Eastern Michigan alum...

What an .

Can't imagine a good reason to leave a basketball program in August. I won't be expecting good news here for Rob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom