Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing

Nova thinks they got Roberson, should be a matter of time before its official.

McCullough is now controlling the dominos. If he re-classifies then we do not need another one & done type PF. I am assuming a young reclassified McCullough would be a two year deal for us. Any remaining scholies could then go for Dakari (hopefully) and/or some sort of PG help. I think the staff would take Jordan now if he was willing, but might go to a B caliber recruit who could help a little in the spring if it becomes clearcut tht MCW will be gone.

Nova thinks they got Roberson, should be a matter of time before its official.

I'm bummed about this personally... I really liked his game...

Top 60 pg from last years class, anybody have any info/scouting report?Did we recruit him at all?
Top 60 pg ... aka top 300 player ... 300 players amounts to 60 teams worth of starters in one freshman class. Positional rankings are very deceptive.

McCullough is now controlling the dominos. If he re-classifies then we do not need another one & done type PF. I am assuming a young reclassified McCullough would be a two year deal for us. Any remaining scholies could then go for Dakari (hopefully) and/or some sort of PG help. I think the staff would take Jordan now if he was willing, but might go to a B caliber recruit who could help a little in the spring if it becomes clearcut tht MCW will be gone.
All in on the Dakari train!

All in on the Dakari train!
Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this about a top 10 big man recruit ... but I don't like this situation we're getting ourselves into. Logjammin. Of course it's never a bad thing to have too much talent at a position... but future recruits could notice these things and try to avoid schools that might over-recruit their position.

Top 60 pg from last years class, anybody have any info/scouting report?Did we recruit him at all?
Played aau with Rak and Cooney. Staff showed some interest early on but once MCW and Cooney committed there wasn't any reason to go after him. More of a slasher than shooter but can run point.

Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this about a top 10 big man recruit ... but I don't like this situation we're getting ourselves into. Logjammin. Of course it's never a bad thing to have too much talent at a position... but future recruits could notice these things and try to avoid schools that might over-recruit their position.

I agree, if Coleman and Rak stay I don't know how that works adding Johnson to the mix with those two plus Keita. Although I doubt he ever comes if those two are still here.

You can't go wrong either way, and this question is out to to the whole board. Would you rather have a sophomore Coleman in the middle next year, or a freshman Dakari?

Personally I'd probably lean towards Coleman. Especially if Rak stays. That extra year of learning the system and developing chemistry along the back line and on the offensive end with Rak is pretty huge.

I agree, if Coleman and Rak stay I don't know how that works adding Johnson to the mix with those two plus Keita. Although I doubt he ever comes if those two are still here.

You can't go wrong either way, and this question is out to to the whole board. Would you rather have a sophomore Coleman in the middle next year, or a freshman Dakari?

Personally I'd probably lean towards Coleman. Especially if Rak stays. That extra year of learning the system and developing chemistry along the back line and on the offensive end with Rak is pretty huge.
I want Dakari because I think Coleman goes pro after the season.

Say what? If he comes, just wow. When can we expect giant Stalin-esque statues of Boeheim throughout Syracuse?

The BC (had to have a Mass guy saying it) coach is already yelling "Mr. Boeheim, tear down that wall!".

If Roberson goes to Nova, it's only because SU told him no and that they're saving that last schollie for Dakari.

If Roberson goes to Nova, it's only because SU told him no and that they're saving that last schollie for Dakari.
I think that may be right.

I want Dakari because I think Coleman goes pro after the season.

Not sure about DC -- he'd have to have a great year, but I'm withholding opinion on that one. More likely, Rak and MCW will jump. Rak's not ready and isn't showing up on too many draft lists. But that doesn't mean he won't jump.

MCW is already being listed as a first rounder ( #18 in this draft. http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft ), 28 in this one (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/ ) IMO, if he has a good year, he's a gonner.

As far as room at the inn, we have 13 scholies to give (assuming no punishments) for 2013. Unless I'm forgetting someone, here's my list, with BT/JS graduating:

PG - MCW, Ennis
SG - Gbinje, Cooney, Patterson (by edit)
SF - Fair, Grant, BJJohnson
PF - Rak, Obokoh
C - DC, Kieta

That gives us 1 remaining, if no one leaves. That could be used for Dakari. In a pinch, the staff could RS BJ Johnson if CMC re-classifies.

If MCW and Rak leave, we'd have 3 spots. Plenty of room. As far as Dakari goes, my guess is he's too good not to play. If DC is still here and Rak is gone, Keita gets moved over to PF (CMC to rotate in if he re-classifies) and DC and Dakari would rotate at center. After what we've seen so far this year, that isn't a far-fetched scenario .. Keita's got great feet and motor and can get to the wing as easily as Rak.

Don't red shirts count as a scholarship?

I wouldn't be surprised if push came to shove, BJ prepped like Southerland did.

Not sure about DC -- he'd have to have a great year, but I'm withholding opinion on that one. More likely, Rak and MCW will jump. Rak's not ready and isn't showing up on too many draft lists. But that doesn't mean he won't jump.

MCW is already being listed as a first rounder ( #18 in this draft. http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft ), 28 in this one (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/ ) IMO, if he has a good year, he's a gonner.

As far as room at the inn, we have 13 scholies to give (assuming no punishments) for 2013. Unless I'm forgetting someone, here's my list, with BT/JS graduating:

PG - MCW, Ennis
SG - Gbinje, Cooney
PF - Rak, Obokoh
C - DC, Kieta

That gives us 2 remaining, if no one leaves. 1 might be used for CMC if he re-classifies, the other for Dakari. In a pinch, the staff could RS BJ Johnson.

If MCW and Rak leave, we'd have 4 spots. Plenty of room. As far as Dakari goes, my guess is he's too good not to play. If DC is still here and Rak is gone, Keita gets moved over to PF (CMC to rotate in if he re-classifies) and DC and Dakari would rotate at center. After what we've seen so far this year, that isn't a far-fetched scenario .. Keita's got great feet and motor and can get to the wing as easily as Rak.
You need to add Patterson.

PG - MCW, Ennis
SG - Gbinje, Cooney
PF - Rak, Obokoh
C - DC, Kieta
Patterson's not on there. I think it ends up looking like this if we don't add anyone else and MCW goes:

PG - Ennis/Whoever the next best suited point guard is
SG - Gbinije/Cooney/Patterson
SF - Fair/Johnson
PF - Rak/Grant
C - DC/Keita/Chino

You can battle with that group.

We could still take Roberson and Johnson if McCullough doesn't reclassify and MCW opts for the NBA. What a logjam at the 3, 4, and 5 though with help needed at the 1 ... hope Patterson learns to handle to ball very, very well.

3 ... CJ, Grant, Johnson
4 ... Rak, DC2, Roberson
5 ... Keita, Johnson, Obokoh (I'll guess a redshirt)
2 ... Cooney, Mike G
1 ... Ennis, Patterson

What do you think about Cooney being the possible backup 1? Just throwing it out there.

top 60 overall and a pg, gotta agree with 60th pg not being too impressive, i think jordan jefferson's number 1 fan would string up jimmy b if we took the 60th rated pg,talk about the definition of one of those awful "program players" that we take that just keep dragging our program down

Sports express reporting that a Kansas assistant is going to St Roselle's to watch Roberson tonight. Thanks for the info on Johnson Francis. A 6-3 slasher who can run the point could be a decent consolation prize if we miss out on everyone