Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing

I don't think its all that disastrous to have a really good forward come in, but my judgment is questionable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Its all relative. McCullough coming in 13 would be bad from the standpoint of trying to land him AND Roberson, Johnson, or Lawrence. But of course it would be bad ONLY in that way and if thats the only time we can get him because he insists on reclassifying you of course still take him, happily, and don't think twice.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I just don't see how McCullough reclassifying is a bad thing. If he does, then we already have our guy, and we don't need Lawrence or Roberson. By most accounts MCW is going pro, which opens a spot for Dakari. Let's let this play out and trust the staff.

Reactions: MCC
Roberson will announce tomorrow at 6 on espnu
Oh no, that doesn't usually bode well for us, does it? If he comes out with a flat top hair cut, I am turning it off.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I just don't see how McCullough reclassifying is a bad thing. If he does, then we already have our guy, and we don't need Lawrence or Roberson. By most accounts MCW is going pro, which opens a spot for Dakari. Let's let this play out and trust the staff.
What would be better in 14 though... McCullough or a soph Roberson AND McCullough?

The bad thing is the whole situation being up in the air. If he reclassifies that's fine...he's a stud forward, but with it being up in the air it put the coaches in somewhat of a bind for other guys who are also deciding soon or setting themselves up for official visits. I'm sure the coaches are communicating with him and know more than we do, but if it comes down to him getting grades/credits/SAT scores some of that is out of everybody's control at the current time and the answers might not be know until much later.

What would be better in 14 though... McCullough or a soph Roberson AND McCullough?
We are assuming that McCullough would stay for a second year if he came in next year. It is going to be a crowded draft next year, but he may decide to leave. I love the idea of a sophomore Chris McCullough along with Roberson, Grant, Gbinje and Johnson in our forward rotation. Not too shabby. I am just not convinced he wouldn't bolt after his freshman year.

Guys, its all good. Everyone on this yrs team is going to blow up and be
lottery picks after we win the national championship! Room for all to join! ;)

We are assuming that McCullough would stay for a second year if he came in next year. It is going to be a crowded draft next year, but he may decide to leave. I love the idea of a sophomore Chris McCullough along with Roberson, Grant, Gbinje and Johnson in our forward rotation. Not too shabby. I am just not convinced he wouldn't bolt after his freshman year.
Ummm if he doesn't reclassify, he's a freshman in 14. Roberson is the Soph in this scenerio.

Ummm if he doesn't reclassify, he's a freshman in 14. Roberson is the Soph in this scenerio.
The discussion has been what would be best for SU if McCullough were to reclassify to 2013. While I agree it wouldn't be a bad thing, it may not be the best situation for SU.

The discussion has been what would be best for SU if McCullough were to reclassify to 2013. While I agree it wouldn't be a bad thing, it may not be the best situation for SU.
I think you misunderstood my earlier post. My point was if he reclassifies we have him a year earlier but lose Roberson. But if he stays in the 14 class we would likely have both in 14... meaning its better for him to stay in 14.

I think you misunderstood my earlier post. My point was if he reclassifies we have him a year earlier but lose Roberson. But if he stays in the 14 class we would likely have both in 14... meaning its better for him to stay in 14.
Oh ok, yes, I misunderstood. I would prefer to have both in 2014. I think SU should recruit one combo forward every year. A tall forward with small forward skills, but can rebound. I like the idea of having 2014 all set, while still being in the hunt for a number of such players in the 2013 class, and likely to grab one.

Just saw this, looks like it's from a kansas h.s. basketball coach: might know what he's talking about he tweeted Embid to Kansas Sunday:
6'8" Tyler Roberson will announce tomorrow on espnU at 7pm ct. KU is on the outside looking in on this one. #kubball Kline's got an update too, but on his paysite.

Exactly...