Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Roberson

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Roberson has a very long way to go to reach his potential. Really looks lost out there right now. Hopefully his learning curve is quick.

He's regressed.

His shot fake is actually counterproductive.

Boeheim's doghouse treatment has hurt his game.

Agree - last year he showed flashes at times, nothing so far tonight.

Nice to see his jumper go in and followed that up with a sweet pass to McC.

orangejunkie said:
he will be fine, I think he's the type of kid that will make slow steady progress over his 4 years.

Fine as in what though? The current progress he's making is none, if he slowly progresses what does he turn into? Many people on this board last year was claiming this guy was as ready as Billy Owens.

He looks ok rebounding, but outside of that he looks like a scared puppy with the ball, when the 5 moves on the ball he's not watching under the basket.

I really hope he ends up great, but I just don't see it in his game, even if he improves greatly he would just be an average player.

Nichols would have been recruited over and given no playing time if we were recruiting then like we are now. Roberson may never get that chance.

He looked better last year. The treatment he got last year screwed him up. He's not nearly as good as he looked in high school. And before people say that's high school, he played in the private school league in NJ, and he got POY in that state.

I know D Nichols. D Nichols is a good friend of mine.

Roberson is no D Nichols.

Do you remember Nichols in his first 2 years at 'Cuse? You might know him, but he was a different person/player by the time he was a Senior.

He has no offensive identity. Is he a post player or a slasher or a mid range jump shooter? I don't think he knows and when he gets the ball you can see he has no idea what his next step is. I'd like to see him just focus on the mid range game and find the open area and hit some 10-15 footers. Once he hits a few then he can use the pump fake to get to them hoop. Set up the defender a bit.

Fine as in what though? The current progress he's making is none, if he slowly progresses what does he turn into? Many people on this board last year was claiming this guy was as ready as Billy Owens.

He looks ok rebounding, but outside of that he looks like a scared puppy with the ball, when the 5 moves on the ball he's not watching under the basket.

I really hope he ends up great, but I just don't see it in his game, even if he improves greatly he would just be an average player.

This young guy was way overrated in my opinion, has a long, long way to go.

He has no offensive identity. Is he a post player or a slasher or a mid range jump shooter? I don't think he knows and when he gets the ball you can see he has no idea what his next step is. I'd like to see him just focus on the mid range game and find the open area and hit some 10-15 footers. Once he hits a few then he can use the pump fake to get to them hoop. Set up the defender a bit.

I dont know. When I see him out there, he reminds me of the Wiley' old man in the pick up game with the stutter steps and head fakes. He has a very flat shot and low release. He needs alot of work.

We usually have "NBA" tweeners @ forward, TR is a "college" tweener. Undersized/underweight 6'5" power forward.

This sophomore class reminds me so much of the McCroskey/Nichols/Roberts/Watkins class.

I think we need to accept the limitations of this particular group of sophomores.

Thought the exact same thing while watching the game. Lack of development for BJ and Roberson is a huge disappointment.

He looked better last year. The treatment he got last year screwed him up. He's not nearly as good as he looked in high school. And before people say that's high school, he played in the private school league in NJ, and he got POY in that state.

He did not look good last year, and POY is still against HS competition world of difference. He has potential but must convert that into fact against high collegiate competition.

He literally moves away from the basketball when he goes up. He plays shorter than he is. It's surprising giving his reputation coming out of high school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom