Robert Anae to NC State | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

I’m going to get some slack for this, but how do you go to a young man’s home, look them and their families in the eye trying to recruit them, and then a couple hours later take another job?

We all have to do what’s right for our families I get that but it’s not a good look.

At one time this would have been considered dishonorable.

Last edited:
Okay obviously sucks to lose both coordinators. Let alone in the same day. White is going to be difficult to replace, BUT I actually think we did a little addition by subtraction on the offense. Apparently Babers and Anae didn’t see eye to eye and Beck is the replacement for good at OC. He’s young but I think he’s going to be a helluva lot better than Anae. Also means we keep Sellers. I think between Babers, Beck and Schmidt we’ll be very okay on offense.

I really like all the play designs from Anae, but his play calling seemed stubborn to me. Hope Beck keeps the designs but has a better feel for the game.

Anae also struck me as a super odd human.
The super odd part is irrelevant. Ever meet Deleone?

You are as good as your coordinators. That’s every coach though. I just don’t understand your takes at times. You automatically think it’s Dino’s fault when things go bad but when things go well it’s because of the other coaches work. Which one is it? What do you mean by dont blame them? Are you saying his assistants think he sucks and they don’t want to coach with an incompetent guy?
Maybe they didn’t want to stick around with Dino on the last year of his contract?

I’m going to get some slack for this, but how do you go to a young man’s home, look them and their families in the eye trying to recruit them, and then a couple hours later take another job?

We all have to do what’s right for our families I get that but it’s not a good look.

That's the job so as long as you are cashing a check from your employer, you do it. It's the job for these guys and at the end of the day most of these coaches don't care about the players or their families. Some do for sure but the guys who are here 1 year and gone the next well that's different.

Anae is just a Vagabond at this point but I was told they are all "leader of men!!!!" nope just a football coach looking for the next good paycheck!! and hey I am ok with it.

Life goes on. When we were have success under coach P coaches were coming and going all the time. We’ll be ok

33F3F3BC-FFCC-458B-8D1D-F3BE913389AA.jpeg
All this Zenith TV talk has made me hungry. Wish I had a Wendy’s close to me.

Well, if Zenith TV talk is making you hungry, wouldn’t you be hankering for one of these bad boys?

No loss with Anae going to NC. State as Beck takes over as OC. Anae's other duties where coaching TE's & inside receivers, look for Ligashesky and Johnson to handle those 2 spots for the time being or even permanently. As for DC.\LB coach Tony White Swag Daddy gets the call for the DC. spot and Acuff handles the LB's along with DL. for now. Defensive passing game coordinator and safeties might be split up between West and McGarry. McGarry is listed as a defensive analyst but reading his ( bio. ) I feel his role might increase for now.

So in less than 12 hours..

- DC gone to Nebraska
- Finally new information on Dome seating
- OC gone to NC State
- QB coach to be new OC
- Possible Swag Daddy promotion
- Many players reacting on Twitter

Kelli Giddish left Law & Order: SVU.

Maybe he was telling the kid up front that he was taking another job?

I posted in the White thread how big of a loss it was due to how well White was liked in the locker room. But if a different vibe here and think the players will respond to Beck a bit better.

I should say on both cases, I’m not doom and gloom over these guys leaving. Does it stink? Yeah, it does. Maybe it’s because I’m a college coach and I’ve left my team for another coaching gig at an inconvenient time. It’s part of the business. It’s on Dino, his current staff, and administration to provide support for the current players, do some “re-recruiting” on the roster, which people don’t realize happens every year; and make the next best hire for the program.

Beck is an easy choice and clear massage. I don’t think our next DC is on the roster. If he was, he’d get the same messaging as Beck did immediately. Won’t be the last time something like this happens.

Maybe he was telling the kid up front that he was taking another job?
Maybe, though I’d be surprised.

What we do know is that our actual SU players were completely blindsided by both resignations, and were seemingly finding out in real time along with the rest of us judging by their twitter reactions. Very Lincoln Riley esque.

Guess I went to bed to early last night, what a crazy day yesterday was...

Whites a bigger loss. Maybe we didn't ask Anae back. I didn't understand a lot of things he was doing. And every game thread many people complained about some of the play calling. Beck is key now. Promote him to OC.
Anae wasnt very impressive imo aside from Shrader’s development which was more than likely Beck’s doing. The board bought into the legend before it was apparent here

To the people suggesting to blow this all up and get rid of Dino…

You are nuts if you dont see the player talent lining up for 2023. If Dino can keep the players in Orange, he’s closer to another extension in my mind than firing. Has to get us to another bowl of course.

We still have a lot of hope here.

I really wish all of these moves would just happen after the bowl season. I’m sure there’s a reason for it and that reason is probably the portal but all of this just feels rather distasteful.

The fans look forward to the bowls (some of us at least). So do most of the players. This would sting a lot less if it would just happen after the bowls. I mean seriously.

A man has to do what’s right for his family, I’m an adult I get that. But my goodness this is ruthless.

Dino left his team before a bowl to come to SU. It’s been happening for years. Not portal related but definitely recruiting related. The day before Dino took this job he told everyone the rumors weren’t true. Everyone does it. Even Ohana.

To the people suggesting to blow this all up and get rid of Dino…

You are nuts if you dont see the player talent lining up for 2023. If Dino can keep the players in Orange, he’s closer to another extension in my mind than firing. Has to get us to another bowl of course.

We still have a lot of hope here.
It's the 2024 class, mainly big time defensive kids, I worry about.

We have a legit shot at four or five four star defensive recruits, including a couple top 300 players

It's the 2024 class, mainly big time defensive kids, I worry about.

We have a legit shot at four or five four star defensive recruits, including a couple top 300 players
White was no doubt a stud for our staff.

That said, its still Monroe who’s closed on most of the big names we currently have. Him and West.

Lets replace the LB group coach with a proven recruiting commodity and give Nick some additional resources to recruit at a high level.

This can be saved. The keys retaining our current talent which is very substantial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom