Rocky Long | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rocky Long

So... Back to threads discussing Norwood it is!
I have no inside info, but nothing I have read here tells me Long is out of the question. Yet.
1578353565132.gif

If he is actively shopping for a demotion I doubt money is a big factor. He probably just wants to get back to coaching and not worry about running a program.

He should go to the pros then.

Yeah $1.5 m if that ends up his market price ..yikes. what is venables paid again?

venables at Clemson makes $2m as DC. But only $245k comes from Clemson. The rest must come from their booster club.

No, I don't think you understand this scheme at all.

A major tenant of the defense is that it is easier to recruit speed than size. The defense is built on speed. You don't need 300 pound freaks who run 4.8 40s and bench press 600 pounds to run it.

It is far easier to find athletic, undersized but relatively fast DL than traditional ones. If we can find a Chris Slayton, we would definitely take him. But you don't need those types of players to be successful running this scheme.
So it’s more angle oriented that a typical 3 man front that is 2 gap control

I hope we're just waiting on the ink to dry on the contract. It's not a great sign if we don't have a DC lined up by now and are still in the search phase... Whether it's long or Norwood.

I hope we're willing to pay near that. 900K seems to be the going rate for P5. There are 54 assistant coaches making 800K or more. And another 20 that make between 700 and 800k.

All I can say is, keep dreaming. We're not even remotely close to that.

I, for one, support this potential hire and would offer a leg as a sacrifice to make it happen. Who are the higher powers that be?
Um, just whose leg would you offer? You didn't mention your own. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom