Rosters for TBT Basketball tourney... | Syracusefan.com

Rosters for TBT Basketball tourney...

This was buried in another thread, so I am re-posting it.

Royal Ivey is on the Grantland team. I hope Hakim is ready for him

https://www.thetournament.com/teams
Looking at the rosters quickly, I thought the Syracuse team, Grantland and the ND Alumni team looked the strongest.

The brackets are supposed to be announced tomorrow.

This was buried in another thread, so I am re-posting it.

Royal Ivey is on the Grantland team. I hope Hakim is ready for him

https://www.thetournament.com/teams

1 of my good friends is good friends with Royal Ivey and he sent out a mass email asking us to vote for the grantland team to get them in. the roster is hilarious iirc.

I respecfully declined and told him that if i wasn't doing it so respectfully i would have sent him a certain picture he didn't want to see.

That Grantland roster has 6 former NBA players on it.

Good morning Mr. Ivey, I hope you're face is feeling better today.

hakim-texas.jpg

That Grantland roster has 6 former NBA players on it.
The Syracuse roster seems pretty top heavy with a lot of threes and fours and not much depth at guard with only Devo, Willie Deane and Olu Famitini. Grantland has Mike Bibby, White Chocolate, Lee Humphrey, Royal Ivey and Reggie Moore. Not sure what that means in this type of tournament.

LOL, I still remember how everyone said the zone wouldn't be able to stop Texas in that FF game and it didn't but no one seemed concerned about Texas's m2m stopping us or who would be able to check Carmelo. Melo simply destroyed them in that game and even Muton going off from 3 in the first half couldn't save them. They couldn't guard Melo 1 on 1 without fouling him and when they sent help he dished to the right guys.

The Syracuse roster seems pretty top heavy with a lot of threes and fours and not much depth at guard with only Devo, Willie Deane and Olu Famitini. Grantland has Mike Bibby, White Chocolate, Lee Humphrey, Royal Ivey and Reggie Moore. Not sure what that means in this type of tournament.

I assume DNic will have to play some 2 guard. I know Moten is a player coach but I'm not sure he will play much. I'm don't know what the format as far as length, TO's and stoppages will be either.

ill take terrence roberts over brian scallabrine.

Its an interesting tourney because we really don't know what shape and playing level a lot of these guys are at these days. I agree that a younger relatively healthy Roberts is probably a better asset in this than Scall and its not like any of their 6 former NBA players are scary. I was just pointing out that there are some teams with some pretty good name recognition other than JB's Army.

I have a feeling that Josh Pace is really going to thrive in this type of tournament.

Good morning Mr. Ivey, I hope you're face is feeling better today.

hakim-texas.jpg

I love Josh Pace's reaction in the background, I don't think Ive seen that view before.

Can someone explain the salaries to me? I thought this was winner take all? Also the booster stuff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom