Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

So what are the possible implications of this commit. No Blair? The staff doesn't think they can land Burrell? Or the class is going to be bigger?

So what are the possible implications of this commit. No Blair? The staff doesn't think they can land Burrell? Or the class is going to be bigger?
The "no Blair" option is the one I fear. Keep an eye on the internets to see if the NCAA announced its decision. Who would they inform? The AD? Shafer directly? The kid?

i'm skeptical of the commit.

but maybe he's a corner. maybe burrell is a corner? maybe we need a few bigger safeties and consider there are two safety positions.

TOS is saying hold up.

If it means we can't get Burrell then I am fine with having Clark wait.

Jeks right. And Clarke should have known the process considering he was committed to Oregon St.

I knew this would be interesting. I was getting quit bored today.

But it's not our fault in this case. The kid pulled the trigger without actually talking to the coaches first. It's an embarrassing situation, but one he created for himself by not calling the coaches to talk to them about it before putting it out there in public.

Well, it depends. If he was left with the impression that he had an offer, at least some blame has to go the coaches.

Him having an offer (like hundreds of other prospects) doesn't mean he has cart blanche go-ahead to commit. He still has to get the okay by the coach first.
Agreed. And I guarantee his offer was committable a couple months ago, but now, with only a few spots left, the coaches are being a lot more selective. He hasn't even visited, he sees that the class is filling up...this feels like a kid seeing his window closed and rushing to jump in while he can.

Agreed. And I guarantee his offer was committable a couple months ago, but now, with only a few spots left, the coaches are being a lot more selective. He hasn't even visited, he sees that the class is filling up...this feels like a kid seeing his window closed and rushing to jump in while he can.

I think this is about right.

Well, looks like a bogus commit at this point.

Wonder also if grades are an issue with him? Seems odd that a Florida kid who was a very early P-5 commit has no other P-5 interest other than an offer from us while he was still committed to Oregon St.

The kid hasn't deleted his Tweets. He must be hoping the staff changes it's mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom