Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

latest

I really want to get this kid on campus and lock him up. It feels like he's going to blow up this fall with his combination of size and speed, and the fact that he delivers some big hits. Really like his film. http://.com/top-safety-target-clarke-decommits-from-oregon-state/

This kid will be an Orangemen
If I had to wager right now, I'd say absolutely.

I think this kid is going to start getting looks from the FSU's of the world come fall, though. If we do land him, it'll be a dogfight to hold on.

Lord knows we need more size at the safety position.

Now just imagine a secondary that includes 6-3 Blair and 6-3 Clarke as our starting safeties...
My dream is to see Blair come across the middle, catch a Clemson wide-out off guard and knock him into tomorrow. Cause a fumble and see one of our linebacker (preferably Shy because him sprinting scares me more than the thought of a guillotine grip from Shamarko) returning it for 6.

That headline looks awfully familiar!

I really want to get this kid on campus and lock him up. It feels like he's going to blow up this fall with his combination of size and speed, and the fact that he delivers some big hits. Really like his film. http://.com/top-safety-target-clarke-decommits-from-oregon-state/

Oh Stephen, you old so and so!

(I honestly think it was coincidental, so no I'm not actually suggesting anything here...I just still found the timing a little funny)

If that's the case what's the holdup on the boom? Staff want him to visit first? Does he have a date set?

He's definitely planning a visit. Only other hold ups I can think of:

He already committed and decommitted once, maybe he just wants to take his time and be 100% sure. Or, maybe the coaches are asking him to hold off for right now. I don't know where he is on their DB board. Maybe they have other guys higher who are still options.

Probably want him to visit before a boom. Wouldn't be the first Fla kid to commit here without a visit and others have not ended so well

I have a sneaking suspicion I know the school he's referring to...

Well, we can scratch Oregon St. I think. Who's his other offers?
Temple, Marshall, Charlotte, Bowling Green, South Florida, South Alabama, Memphis, Tulane

Temple, Marshall, Charlotte, Bowling Green, South Florida, South Alabama, Memphis, Tulane

So, Oregon St and SU are his only Power 5 offers? Not complaining, just confirming.

So, Oregon St and SU are his only Power 5 offers? Not complaining, just confirming.
Seems like it, although Memphis is nothing to sneeze at. Fuentes has really done a good job there. He went from 4-8 in 2012, to 3-9 in 2013, to 10-3 in 2014. Played UCLA and Ole Miss close, too.

Last edited:
Yep. But honestly, the size and athleticism gets me very excited about Clarke. 6-3, athletic...and Florida DBs are typically pretty nothing to sneeze at. I wouldn't be the least bit surprise if the big Florida schools start sniffing around this fall. Wisconsin has shown quite a bit of interest already, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom