Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

Seems like it, although Memphis is nothing to sneeze at. Fuentes has really done a good job there. He went from 4-8 in 2012, to 3-9 in 2013, to 10-3 in 2014. Played UCLA and Ole Miss close, too.
Wait a sec. Mr. C. You're saying they went from 3-9 to 10-3 in one year!? Sounds fishy to me. I've heard that's not possible. :p

Clarke is a good example of a recruit we would have in prior years accepted a commitment from before he visited. Every indication is that he is Syracuae bound. With Shafer's new patient approach, I'm sure he's verbalized to wait on a commitment until after he has visited the campus.

Devon's tweeting about how Markus Paul came out of Osceola to play safety at Syracuse and go on to the NFL now.

I will be absolutely floored if this kid isn't a Syracuse commit.

I was wondering about this kid today. Is there any word on if/when he may visit? Is he still as high on us as it seemed a few weeks ago?

Not sure about a visit yet, honestly. But I'm still of the mind that, if the coaches are still taking DBs (and I assume they will take 2-3 more), he's ours. Every indication is that he's a Syracuse guy all the way, barring something unexpected.

Not sure about a visit yet, honestly. But I'm still of the mind that, if the coaches are still taking DBs (and I assume they will take 2-3 more), he's ours. Every indication is that he's a Syracuse guy all the way, barring something unexpected.
In 2015 we got Blair (hoping he qualifies), Whitner, Frederick and Ellison. So far in 2016 we already have Scoop and Will Harper. Seems to me like we need more pure corner types. Haven't heard anything about Lamar Dawson in a while. Really hope for his sake he can make it here to contribute but wondering how likely that is. I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke does not have a commutable offer at this point.

In 2015 we got Blair (hoping he qualifies), Whitner, Frederick and Ellison. So far in 2016 we already have Scoop and Will Harper. Seems to me like we need more pure corner types. Haven't heard anything about Lamar Dawson in a while. Really hope for his sake he can make it here to contribute but wondering how likely that is. I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke does not have a commutable offer at this point.
Saw on Twitter a few weeks ago that Dawson was still planning on coming in August.

I believe everyone has qualified, including Blair.

I believe everyone has qualified, including Blair.

Blair was scheduled to finish his on line courses last Friday. I don't think that he has been confirmed that he has qualified yet. And it will still have to go through the NCAA clearinghouse.

SUFan and Cuse, you're both right. Summer classes were needed. Coach expected him to qualify. Sorry about the bad info.

i have absolutely no knowledge on this situation but i wonder if there's any academic issues here.

I hope the staff decides to take Clarke, I hate when the kids that loves us don't make it her. However I feel like we showed big interest in him until we got in with Burrell and now he is a backup to him.

I hope the staff decides to take Clarke, I hate when the kids that loves us don't make it her. However I feel like we showed big interest in him until we got in with Burrell and now he is a backup to him.
Methinks you're on to something.

Yep. I'd be willing to bet he is a backup plan to Burrell, which is totally fine with me, Burrell is the superior talent, and we are in serious contention. We could get Clark when we want.

My only thing is that we so rarely have safeties with the size that Clarke has. I love big, rangy safeties, though I know Burrell is the more talented kid. I wish we had room to take them both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom