Class of 2016 - S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Devon Clarke (FL) SIGNED LOI

If they liked him enough to offer at BG, I'm going to guess that they'll end up offering. There are still a number of spots to fill and less than a month to do it. He committed to SU once, I'm pretty sure that he'd be willing to do it again!

If they liked him enough to offer at BG, I'm going to guess that they'll end up offering. There are still a number of spots to fill and less than a month to do it. He committed to SU once, I'm pretty sure that he'd be willing to do it again!
This is probably the case. But I think Clark is going to be sweating it out for a few weeks IMO since everybody (including our new staff) knows how badly he wants in here. They will go hard after all their higher targets (and I'd assume at least get through the visits on 1/22) before extending a firm offer to Clark. Hopefully he gets his offer because he loves our school like something else. He wants in badly, and I'd love for him to get his shot to fulfill a dream playing for us.

But if we hit all of our primary targets and he doesn't have a slot remaining, that might well be better for us in the long run. That said, I'd be surprised if Dino can close on everybody with such a short window to work with and build relationships. I'd imagine, Clarke ultimately gets his chance.

Does this mean they offered him? Doesn't seem to me that one necessarily means the other... but if so, good for this kid. He obviously wants to be here.
No offer that I know of but there are a few that seem to have ovs scheduled and no offer yet. The did offer him when they were at BGSU I believe.

No offer that I know of but there are a few that seem to have ovs scheduled and no offer yet. The did offer him when they were at BGSU I believe.

Thanks. I was confused as this was the first time I have seen the thread title include the offered portion.

He would be a good get. Does anyone know if we are still after Tony Butler, the same school as Carl Jones and Henderson.?

My assumption is that Devon is not qualified and schools are taking a wait and see approach.

Have you? Plus didn't offer him when they were at BGSU?

I have not. Kids with academic issues get offered all of the time see Marquis Blair. Would it surprise you that Bowling Green offered a borderline academic kid, if they even did?

Here’s what I base my assumption on. The complete snafu with his Oregon St commitment and decommittment. He likely didn’t have a committable offer. All of his alleged offers are from schools that offer partials academic kids historically. Charlotte, Marshall, UMass, Memphis, South Alabama, South Florida etc. 2nd, his recent tweeted offer and official visit to UMass. Again, UMass is trying to compete in D1A. They’ll offer anybody. Purdue is obviously a good academic school but they don’t have ND type rigorous standards. They’re like us. They have prep school kids and juco kids on their roster, they offer partial qualifiers or non qualifier kids all of the time.

3rd kid just tweeted about passing his midterms. Lots of interpretation can be made.

4th. Visiting Syracuse and Miami late with no offers. I don’t believe it’s to size him up and make sure he’s closer to 6-3 than 5-11. I believe it’s so in the event he qualifies they’re in the game.

I could be wrong. But something has never added up with Clarke.

I have not. Kids with academic issues get offered all of the time see Marquis Blair. Would it surprise you that Bowling Green offered a borderline academic kid, if they even did?

Here’s what I base my assumption on. The complete snafu with his Oregon St commitment and decommittment. He likely didn’t have a committable offer. All of his alleged offers are from schools that offer partials academic kids historically. Charlotte, Marshall, UMass, Memphis, South Alabama, South Florida etc. 2nd, his recent tweeted offer and official visit to UMass. Again, UMass is trying to compete in D1A. They’ll offer anybody. Purdue is obviously a good academic school but they don’t have ND type rigorous standards. They’re like us. They have prep school kids and juco kids on their roster, they offer partial qualifiers or non qualifier kids all of the time.

3rd kid just tweeted about passing his midterms. Lots of interpretation can be made.

4th. Visiting Syracuse and Miami late with no offers. I don’t believe it’s to size him up and make sure he’s closer to 6-3 than 5-11. I believe it’s so in the event he qualifies they’re in the game.

I could be wrong. But something has never added up with Clarke.
OK. My one question is why bring him in this weekend if he has academic issues and not wait.

OK. My one question is why bring him in this weekend if he has academic issues and not wait.

not sure why that would matter

of course i might be assuming wrong but there's just some red flags is all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom