Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

This young man is in the starting line-up first game for Utah...must have taken care of his grades...good job by him...to bad he never made it here...good luck to him
Honestly I don't think we even went after him. I believe HCDB wanted nothing to do with any and all of FHCSS recruits.

Utah's a pretty good school academically, no?

Utah and grades? Lol. I'm not sure he'll quailify. We didn't recruit him either. Good luck to him though, I like Utah.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think we even went after him. I believe HCDB wanted nothing to do with any and all of FHCSS recruits.

Not true.

He's very unlikely to be qualified, and our coaches understood this and focused their attention elsewhere eventually. They would have loved to bring him in, but they view him as a high probability of non qualification.

Not true.

He's very unlikely to be qualified, and our coaches understood this and focused their attention elsewhere eventually. They would have loved to bring him in, but they view him as a high probability of non qualification.
Ya but wouldn't you wait and see if he qualified first and get him on board? I understand they don't want to waste time, but the quality of this kid may be worth the wait. Just saying and asking here.

Ya but wouldn't you wait and see if he qualified first and get him on board? I understand they don't want to waste time, but the quality of this kid may be worth the wait. Just saying and asking here.
You don't think that the staff evaluated the situation thoroughly? Our staff has a hell of alot more riding on their success than you do, so instead of presuming they are stupid and haven't done their homework, understand that if they let this kid go, then there is good reason.

I think the staff wanted him -- badly. But when it became clear that he was 99% likely to not qualify, they needed to move swiftly to land alternatives. And I think they did that with Guthrie.

Would have been fitting to land Blair, though -- bringing things full circle. Too bad--kid is a talent.

I think the staff wanted him -- badly. But when it became clear that he was 99% likely to not qualify, they needed to move swiftly to land alternatives. And I think they did that with Guthrie.

Would have been fitting to land Blair, though -- bringing things full circle. Too bad--kid is a talent.
If we devoted the time and resources and landed Blair and then he didn't qualify, certain people would then be pissing and moaning that the staff should have recognized that he wouldn't qualify and gone after someone else.

Good point all around. Yes we did great with Guthrie.

If we devoted the time and resources and landed Blair and then he didn't qualify, certain people would then be pissing and moaning that the staff should have recognized that he wouldn't qualify and gone after someone else.

Yep. The last staff was winging it with kids even if they pretty clearly were not going to make it. Shy was the exception, and in his case he had a learning disability that was discovered and worked with and he had a great support system. Blair is an NFL talent, hope he qualifes at Utah but he was not likely to here. Instead we grabbed a first team Juco AA who is on campus now. We did the right thing

Yep. The last staff was winging it with kids even if they pretty clearly were not going to make it. Shy was the exception, and in his case he had a learning disability that was discovered and worked with and he had a great support system. Blair is an NFL talent, hope he qualifes at Utah but he was not likely to here. Instead we grabbed a first team Juco AA who is on campus now. We did the right thing
There were quite a few more than Shy that were borderline and made it...Philips and Thomas come to mind in the 2014 class.

Hmm...Thats not a good sign. Was hoping that kid was going to do well somewhere even if not at Syracuse.

Hmm...Thats not a good sign. Was hoping that kid was going to do well somewhere even if not at Syracuse.

Sucks--but undoubtedly, this is what led to our coaching staff backing off this top notch prospect.

There's a very, very small chance of him qualifying.

That doesn't disqualify him from signing an LOI though.

Watching Utah-Zona & Blair has been all over the field. Kid is a physical specimen who will make himself a lot of money in the combine. He actually got tossed for targeting after a viscous (though not really dirty) hit on Zona's scrambling QB...proper call, but still impressive.

I've been pleased with the improvement of our secondary so far & am really excited about our incoming recruits, but Blair would've certainly started & made an impact from Day 1 here. Still good to see him playing big time CFB.