Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

why would we offer Giordano a ship even if Blair doesn't qualify?

IMO Giordano would have to be out of this world good to get an offer. I don't know about Blair but I think Chaplick's wrong.

I found this:

15.5.6.3.4 Nonrecruited Student-Athlete Receiving Institutional Financial Aid. [FBS/FCS]
A student-athlete not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) by the institution who receives institutional financial aid
(based in any degree on athletics ability) after beginning football practice becomes a counter but need not
be counted as an initial counter until the next academic year if the institution has reached its initial limit
for the year in question. However, the student-athlete shall be considered in the total counter limit for the
academic year in which the aid was first received. (Revised: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

My interpretation: If Giordano doesn't officially receive his scholarship until after the season starts, he can count against 2016.

why would we offer Giordano a ship even if Blair doesn't qualify?

IMO Giordano would have to be out of this world good to get an offer. I don't know about Blair but I think Chaplick's wrong.

From what I have heard from various folks Giordano is a stud athlete.

I found this:

15.5.6.3.4 Nonrecruited Student-Athlete Receiving Institutional Financial Aid. [FBS/FCS]
A student-athlete not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) by the institution who receives institutional financial aid
(based in any degree on athletics ability) after beginning football practice becomes a counter but need not
be counted as an initial counter until the next academic year if the institution has reached its initial limit
for the year in question. However, the student-athlete shall be considered in the total counter limit for the
academic year in which the aid was first received. (Revised: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

My interpretation: If Giordano doesn't officially receive his scholarship until after the season starts, he can count against 2016.

So if Blair doesn't qualify Giordano gets his scholarship but if Blair does qualify than Giordano probably gets a scholarship in January and is counted in the 2016 class.

The Sub-Standard goes out of it's way to write bullsh . This been going on since the 1993 basketball investigation. They where responsible for the ncaa to come and investigate us. Look at all the crap articles they wrote when the ncaa's were here.Nothing new' they love to make the true fans upset. As far as I'm concerned they SUCK.

Whitey23 said:
Whew. The dream is still alive. The staff fully intends to make Blair a big part of the defense from day one. We really need him in the fold.

SU pulling an SEC move to get an extra body in the program. Who would have thunk that?

This is a lot better than eating unused scholarships like we did a lot of in the last 10 years.

Thought Gioridano's highlight's were pretty impressive. He seemed over matched at times as a DE, but I could see him flying around making plays as a LB. Great size too. He'd probably be one of our biggest LB's.

So if Blair doesn't qualify Giordano gets his scholarship but if Blair does qualify than Giordano probably gets a scholarship in January and is counted in the 2016 class.

Actually, it looks like Giordano could get a scholarship the day after football practice starts and he could still count towards 2016.

Actually, it looks like Giordano could get a scholarship the day after football practice starts and he could still count towards 2016.

Wow. That is wild. And where did you say Foster counts. LOL. You are making my head spin today.

I hope they have a lot of room in 2016. Strange to take a development prospect this early.

I hope they have a lot of room in 2016. Strange to take a development prospect this early.

Room for at least 18 depending on how many players take their degrees / transfer / leave for the NFL.

We already have 12 recruits lined up for next season.

Not a great look.
I don't think this was a case of intentional sensational journalism by Stephen. He just reported what he knew. When you break as many stories as he does, there will occasionally be a bit of a misstep.

I for one think he does a great job covering the team, especially recruiting. IMHO., he is by far the best journalist the PS has had covering recruiting. Really like what he has done since the PS hired him.

It probably won't happen but I really hope he stays here for a long time.

Whitey23 said:
619171786693967872 Not a great look.

Wow. Translation, "I'll throw out there see if it's right, and if it's not, I'll take credit for forcing someone to correct it."

That is not taught in any journalism class I've ever been in.

I don't think this was a case of intentional sensational journalism by Stephen. He just reported what he knew. When you break as many stories as he does, there will occasionally be a bit of a misstep.

I for one think he does a great job covering the team, especially recruiting. IMHO., he is by far the best journalist the PS has had covering recruiting. Really like what he has done since the PS hired him.

It probably won't happen but I really hope he stays here for a long time.
Disappointing that he isn't able to connect with someone on staff or wait for Morrison to get back to him.

Wah, I called 3 times and no one returned my call. So I'll just go ahead and run my misleading story and create some negative buzz where there is none.