Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

Don't Hassle the Hof. ;)
hoffsoap7dx.jpg

Like em or hate em, the Post Standrd is all we got for print media. I try not to overthink things and read it for info only. Personally, I don't think the writers are trying to negatively cast any light and if they are, so what? Paper readership is declining immensely and they need to do what they can to maintain or boost subscriptions. It's a business and Bailey et al are very likely given "direction" on how to write in order to maintain viewers. Think about it, how much chatter is given to the Post Standard simply from this site alone? They achieve their goal of creating a buzz whether you look at it positively or negatively.
Take the info for what's it worth and leave it alone. They are delivering news, it's better than getting nothing, which we would then be complaining about in tenfold. What, me worry??

VaSaltine said:
Like em or hate em, the Post Standrd is all we got for print media. I try not to overthink things and read it for info only. Personally, I don't think the writers are trying to negatively cast any light and if they are, so what? Paper readership is declining immensely and they need to do what they can to maintain or boost subscriptions. It's a business and Bailey et al are very likely given "direction" on how to write in order to maintain viewers. Think about it, how much chatter is given to the Post Standard simply from this site alone? They achief in their goal of creating a buzz

Because there is a negative vibe in the casual community already - the media should not bend towards that just for clicks.

VaSaltine said:
Like em or hate em, the Post Standrd is all we got for print media. I try not to overthink things and read it for info only. Personally, I don't think the writers are trying to negatively cast any light and if they are, so what? Paper readership is declining immensely and they need to do what they can to maintain or boost subscriptions. It's a business and Bailey et al are very likely given "direction" on how to write in order to maintain viewers. Think about it, how much chatter is given to the Post Standard simply from this site alone? They achief in their goal of creating a buzz

I am sure the writers like Bailey don't even have a say in the headlines, but it's obvious that more negative articles get more attention, and since the PS is the business of making money (or trying) this is what we end up with. I'd prefer the type of coverage Rahme used to have, and get my recruiting info else where, but those days are over.

Alright soooo what about Blair ... we've know for some time that the PS is full of tools ... I want to know what the deal is with Blair damn it!

Because there is a negative vibe in the casual community already - the media should not bend towards that just for clicks.
Maybe, I see your point. But again it's a business. A lot of people have jobs and are supporting their families who may not be otherwise without those clicks.

Like em or hate em, the Post Standrd is all we got for print media. I try not to overthink things and read it for info only. Personally, I don't think the writers are trying to negatively cast any light and if they are, so what? Paper readership is declining immensely and they need to do what they can to maintain or boost subscriptions. It's a business and Bailey et al are very likely given "direction" on how to write in order to maintain viewers. Think about it, how much chatter is given to the Post Standard simply from this site alone? They achieve their goal of creating a buzz whether you look at it positively or negatively.
Take the info for what's it worth and leave it alone. They are delivering news, it's better than getting nothing, which we would then be complaining about in tenfold. What, me worry??
I would hardly describe some of the drivel they print news. That said they are only a product of society. It's our own fault we crave entertainment over real news. Look at any "news" site. They're covered with non-news sensationalism and generally around entertainment.

Alright soooo what about Blair ... we've know for some time that the PS is full of tools ... I want to know what the deal is with Blair damn it!

Safe to say he's not coming for summer school at this point. Hopefully this is resolved by the start of camp.

GD it...

I hate to see this kid's status still in limbo. And it doubly sucks given that he is a borderline academic case, that he isn't able to get into school this summer, get acclimated, get a few credits under his belt, and not have so much on his plate fall semester while transitioning to playing at the nexts level.

Hope it gets resolved before the start of camp / fall practice.

GD it...

I hate to see this kid's status still in limbo. And it doubly sucks given that he is a borderline academic case, that he isn't able to get into school this summer, get acclimated, get a few credits under his belt, and not have so much on his plate fall semester while transitioning to playing at the nexts level.

Hope it gets resolved before the start of camp / fall practice.

exactly right! Just crap by the NCAA. This shouldn't be hard. Yay or Nay.

What I said in the comment section:

ottodaorange 16 minutes ago
@lancej22 @cusefan80 I have a better one. Cody Jamison missed almost the entire season before being declared eligible. No doubt this was payback for the missing National Championship trophy that never should have been vacated in Lacrosse in the first place. Funny thing that the regulatory body is so interested in hubris that they pay no attention to their mission.

In other words, the quality of their journalism is drifting towards the "National Enquirer"

What I said in the comment section:

ottodaorange 16 minutes ago
@lancej22 @cusefan80 I have a better one. Cody Jamison missed almost the entire season before being declared eligible. No doubt this was payback for the missing National Championship trophy that never should have been vacated in Lacrosse in the first place. Funny thing that the regulatory body is so interested in hubris that they pay no attention to their mission.

Jammer scored the National Championship winning goal against Cornell that year.

Take that, NCAA!!

joke. This is one of the numerous reasons why the NCAA needs to disbanded.

It's one thing to penalize coaches/schools, but don't drag a kid out like this.