Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

Blair goes to prep reopens his recruitment. enter Suburban Meyer, Blair signs with Ohio State. Sick feeling in my gut. Or...who knows. Check all email traffic between Ohio State and NCAA. The fix may be in. Yes I know how all this bull s#%t works.
4grwcJQ.gif

Tell me why he still wouldn't want to play for SU, especially after all the love we have given him.

What did SU do wrong here? I can't seem to find anything. To me, it appears all ncaa.

I'm dead serious. Are we seriously sitting here thinking that Urban Meyer had Marquise Blair in his backyard for 4 years and didn't think he was good enough to offer him a scholarship, and then suddenly after ONE All-Star game, he's going to be beating down the door?
Why is OSU even being mentioned? Blair is all SU unless he doesn't make it. Even if that happens, Meyer passed before, he almost surely wouldn't suddenly change his mind without a massive reason in his house causing him to need too.

I'm with you Jeke, Meyer isn't changing his mind over an all star game. In the bromley situation, nobody knew he existed. Everybody in the football world of Ohio knew about Blair.

Whitey23 said:
Does the kid take any responsibility for his academics or is it all NCAA?

We simply don't know enough to say what the problem is. We do know that Shafer only takes chances on guys that he believes will put in the work to "grab the opportunity" ...

My guess is that he is to blame for his initial academic issues and that the NCAA is to blame for the wait.

I'm not worried about anything
Does the kid take any responsibility for his academics or is it all NCAA?

Who's to say the kid should take responsibility? Maybe he worked hard and academics were difficult for him. Not everyone has the tools to be a good student at a young age. You can only hope that if he makes it he can handle the academics of college.

Who's to say the kid should take responsibility? Maybe he worked hard and academics were difficult for him. Not everyone has the tools to be a good student at a young age. You can only hope that if he makes it he can handle the academics of college.
If he showed the work ethic and desire to do what was necessary to get qualified, I think that with the academic support that Syracuse provides, he will not only be able to stay eligible, but he will be in the 3.0 club.

I do know what happened... the ncaa isnt trying to sabotage Syracuse. He did take responsibility. No one tried to break the rules. It really isnt as sinister as everyone is making it out.
So... you're saying he's not coming this year?

I do know what happened... the ncaa isnt trying to sabotage Syracuse. He did take responsibility. No one tried to break the rules. It really isnt as sinister as everyone is making it out.
I think most rational people understand that. It is frustrating how long the NCAA process takes. It leads those same rational people to wonder what the hell the NCAA does all day long, knowing that a young man's education and future are at stake.

Enroll him at Milford for the first semester and get him here in January.

Its not my place to say what is going on. I just want to let you know he worked his ass off. The ncaa has guide lines and something didnt jive with his classes. The staff worked hard to get him thru and are still working hard. The kid is working hard. The ncaa has rules and unfortunately like for Shy kids have to do what they require. Fortunately for shy Mass schools have class requirements that are in line with ncaa rules not all states have that. But again this is a great kid that is working his ass off.

People need to understand that the NCAA is dealing with thousands of athletes to clear. The ones that are often at the last minute are going to require longer to look at, as opposed to the kid who meets the standards in the Fall of their Senior Year.

If Blair is into an appeal process, don't you want the NCAA taking the time to review the documents being presented on his side?

Its not my place to say what is going on. I just want to let you know he worked his ass off. The ncaa has guide lines and something didnt jive with his classes. The staff worked hard to get him thru and are still working hard. The kid is working hard. The ncaa has rules and unfortunately like for Shy kids have to do what they require. Fortunately for shy Mass schools have class requirements that are in line with ncaa rules not all states have that. But again this is a great kid that is working his ass off.

Good post. By all accounts, this kid buckled DOWN and did everything to dig himself out of a hole to qualify on the sliding scale. It isn't easy for kids that age to show such discipline for an entire year, but Blair did. Raised his GPA significantly, and got a high enough test score. Did extra work, took extra classes all designed to raise the GPA.

It would be one thing if he was borderline and didn't put in the effort. Blair did, and should qualify. Hopefully this is just the NCAA dragging their feet.

I feel a story coming from a local newspaper now based on above discussion and they will claim they had first hand knowledge. ..wait for it...5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -1.