Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

my own repost (all credit to rutgers)
pennstateeee-477x640.jpg

PSU atmosphere probably swayed him. Kids would rather play for a rabid fan base, we don't have that. We can't get 45...

I know the game was @ Rutty as well.
Yip, the lure of playing for a bad program, for a bad man, and in front of lots of bad people, was too much to turn down. What young man doesn't dream of that?

Seriously, where are these kids' parents, advising them?

Yip, the lure of playing for a bad program, for a bad man, and in front of lots of bad people, was too much to turn down. What young man doesn't dream of that?

Yeah

also didn't take long for a penn state fan to post on it that the NCAA shouldn't have been involved in the first place and compare it to our "situation" with Fine. I hate them more than anything else in the world.
It's 'on' over there...should be interesting. I predict someone is gonna get banned

Care to revise this certainty?
At the time he wasn't. No bowl ban, all their schollies back, and it's a different situation. Duh.

Never a good thing in recruiting to lose arguably your best recruit. That being said, this was totally a Cabinda situation and we all knew if PSU offered he was gone. Thankfully it's in September and not January 31st. Staff has plenty of time to recover and they will recover. We're going to have decommits as we recruit better so we better all get used to it.

As others have noted this is zero surprise, as soon as they got all the scholies back this was inevitable. Kid wanted PSU from the start, it is what it is. Allows this staff to get involved in some other players and to maybe get back involved in some other guys we initially didn't have room for.

I haven't the words.

I hate Penn St. very much.

when i heard the lifted restrictions i immediatly thought about our NJ trio, this sucks. Honestly, talking the orange colored glasses off, the B1G10 is AWFUL. Ok, they get 100k fans, but the teams are terrible. The SEC/ACC is the future.

He certainly wasn't swayed by Penn State's play on the field this year. They've been very unimpressive.

when i heard the lifted restrictions i immediatly thought about our NJ trio, this sucks. Honestly, talking the orange colored glasses off, the B1G10 is AWFUL. Ok, they get 100k fans, but the teams are terrible. The SEC/ACC is the future.

I think Kelly was the biggest risk. Strickland has from the beginning appeared to be more "all in" than Kelly ever was. And Ellison - I just don't see PSU offering him. I feel pretty confident on the other 2. Never felt that confident about Kelly anyway, he always made me feel like he was just holding his spot until something better came along.

So why were "people in the know" so adamant this wouldn't happen?

Its funny i've seen in the matter of a few hours so called experts say it would never happen now saying of course it happened it was just a matter of them offering. What?

I don't mean to speak for texascpa, but I think he is probably referring to the fact that PSU had the scholarship restriction removed today. Given that it was pretty well documented that Kelly was pushing hard for a PSU schollie, i think he would be a candidate to flip. Hope we can hold onto him.
Good call.

Never a good thing in recruiting to lose arguably your best recruit. That being said, this was totally a Cabinda situation and we all knew if PSU offered he was gone. Thankfully it's in September and not January 31st. Staff has plenty of time to recover and they will recover. We're going to have decommits as we recruit better so we better all get used to it.
I have no problem with the decommit per se. It's going to happen. It's the destination here that galls me.

So why were "people in the know" so adamant this wouldn't happen?

Its funny i've seen in the matter of a few hours so called experts say it would never happen now saying of course it happened it was just a matter of them offering. What?

How many people said that before the NCAA lifted its sanctions and how many people said that after?

You do realize that the NCAA made an unprecedented move on PSU just a few days ago, right?