Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

Rutgers board is so strange right. It reads like PSU flipped him from them since they hosted him last night.

And i'm really surprised this happened. I guess not so much after the sanctions were lifted, but i still kind of thought we were ok. I guesss I shouldn't be since we all know Franklin is a scumbag.

Yip, the lure of playing for a bad program, for a bad man, and in front of lots of bad people, was too much to turn down. What young man doesn't dream of that?

Seriously, where are these kids' parents, advising them?
When your child has the chance to associate themselves with institutionally enabled pedophilia, you have to let them take it. I mean, just such a rare opportunity.

CuseLegacy said:
No ones not being classy. Just stating opinions on another program. And you don't know the entire story.

The post I think he was talking about was deleted. It wasn't classy and was aimed at the kid.

more to it then that. they weren't supposed to offer.

What did we have an unwritten deal with Penn State not to offer Kelly? The other coaches can do what they want and we have no control over it.

Obviously you have sources and have access to details those outside the program don't. Anything you can, and would be willing to share would be appreciated

So why were "people in the know" so adamant this wouldn't happen?

Its funny i've seen in the matter of a few hours so called experts say it would never happen now saying of course it happened it was just a matter of them offering. What?

They're not really in the know

So why were "people in the know" so adamant this wouldn't happen?

Its funny i've seen in the matter of a few hours so called experts say it would never happen now saying of course it happened it was just a matter of them offering. What?
Because the situation changed. No more schollie restrictions means they could offer more kids. They went after the kids they'd know would commit. Not hard to wrap your head around.

Its a punch in the gut for a bunch of reasons (i.e. PSU, NJ, player rating, extra schollies for PSU). My hope is that it doesn't have a snowball effect with others in the class moving forward. That's my concern. So much for the brotherhood of the Jersey guys.

One of our other recruits put the decommitment best saying, "Its just business." These kids get the game and they aren't afraid to play it to their advantage. Strangely, I give that attitude some respect although it hurt us this time.

BxiPy8qCIAAenB2.jpg:large

Because the situation changed. No more schollie restrictions means they could offer more kids. They went after the kids they'd know would commit. Not hard to wrap your head around.

Then maybe people shouldnt be making absolute statements if something like this was so easily switched. They didnt need the extra schollies- this visit was set up before that announcement and any psu decommits leading up to signing day could have triggered it as well.

Its a punch in the gut for a bunch of reasons (i.e. PSU, NJ, player rating, extra schollies for PSU). My hope is that it doesn't have a snowball effect with others in the class moving forward. That's my concern. So much for the brotherhood of the Jersey guys.

One of our other recruits put the decommitment best saying, "Its just business." These kids get the game and they aren't afraid to play it to their advantage. Strangely, I give that attitude some respect although it hurt us this time.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 53m
Just heard from SU commit CB Daivon Ellison, another NJ guy. He said that Kelly's decommitment and flip to PSU doesn't affect his verbal.

Let's stay classy folks. As our recruits get better, we will get poached. Next man up!
What kind of silly backward logic is this. To get better we need to keep this level recruit.
And we need a lot of them. Don't be ok with this.

Then maybe people shouldnt be making absolute statements if something like this was so easily switched. They didnt need the extra schollies- this visit was set up before that announcement and any psu decommits leading up to signing day could have triggered it as well.
It wasn't easily switched. That was monumental and very VERY controversial. The NCAA basically equated what happened at PSU with what happened at OSU (Trading memorabilia for tattoos) and USC (money given from agent to step father of recruit), which is what made this such an important decision. It surely could have happened later, but PSU hasn't lost many commits last minute in the last few seasons, and Franklin has quickly filled this class. It's no surprise that with that announcement by the NCAA, the quick offer and quick flip of Kelly lead directly from the return of full scholarships. It's bogus, it's disgusting, it's stupid, but barring that entire monumental decision, Kelly would have signed Orange.

He didn't have an offer until this week.

Penn State along with the rest of the Least 10, are no longer our worries, we need to recruit the players that our conference teams are recruiting. Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, New England, Illinois, and Ohio in the Mid-west. There are more then enough players in that area to compete, and no-one gets everyone they want.

Get PSU back on the schedule. Them, Notre Dame and MSU are seemingly constant threats to our recruiting territory. Losing to them last year was awful. We are the better team, there is no doubt in my mind.

Penn State along with the rest of the Least 10, are no longer our worries, we need to recruit the players that our conference teams are recruiting. Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, New England, Illinois, and Ohio in the Mid-west. There are more then enough players in that area to compete, and no-one gets everyone they want.
They're absolutely our worry. As long as we recruit Pennsylvania and New Jersey they will be there, and we should be going after kids that they want if we want to be a top 25 team. This is a big loss that hurts a lot.

Get PSU back on the schedule. Them, Notre Dame and MSU are seemingly constant threats to our recruiting territory. Losing to them last year was awful. We are the better team, there is no doubt in my mind.
You think if we beat them that's going to change anything? We could have been 10-2 and they could have been 4-8 last year and Kelly still would have gone there.

I long for the day that Notre Dame, PSU, and MSU are "constant threats" to our recruiting territory. We are not on equal recruiting ground with those schools and, at this point, are rarely even competitive going after the same kids. As Cabinda and Kelly have shown us recently, kids are willing to back out of a verbal to Syracuse when PSU comes calling. Even Franklin, who held steady with SU when PSU came calling late, wanted to go to PSU until PSU strung him along and didn't offer a schollie (the whole scholarship restriction thing). When is the last time a kid ditched PSU (or MSU or Notre Dame) when Syracuse came calling?

We compete with Pitt, Rutgers, and BC - as peers - in our traditional recruiting areas. When (if?) we ever get to truly competing with Notre Dame, PSU, or MSU for recruits, Syracuse will truly be in a new golden age for the program.

Rutgers board is so strange right. It reads like PSU flipped him from them since they hosted him last night.

And i'm really surprised this happened. I guess not so much after the sanctions were lifted, but i still kind of thought we were ok. I guesss I shouldn't be since we all know Franklin is a scumbag.
-----------------

----------------------------
the coach of RU spent a long time with Kelly the day of the RU/Penn state game, so the fans thought a flip to RU was possible.
then Kelly verbals to PSU directly afterwards...

You think if we beat them that's going to change anything? We could have been 10-2 and they could have been 4-8 last year and Kelly still would have gone there.
Exactly. Look at how well they were recruiting while they had the bowl ban, and look how many kids stayed when the sanctions first came down. Like it or not, and none of us like it, they are a football factory.