Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

What hurts the most is the kid didn't even have to think about it. He basically just flipped immediately as if the relationship with the Cuse coaches meant nothing. If I was Acosta, I would take personal offense to that because you know he put in a ton of work there.

download-1024x770.png

It is amusing that these buttgers jokers act like Ped State stole Kelly from them. He was never going to buttgers. They were never going to flip him from Syracuse. The kid used them for a golf cart ride around campus and a free ticket to a football game in his backyard. Nothing more nothing less.

Kids that flip are not "men of honor." I wonder why he would want someone on his team that "lacks integrity." Franklin is such a weasel.

From a football standpoint...I'm less concerned about this flip if our plan was to move Kelly to OLB eventually. Our ability to recruit and develop that position is top notch.
I'm telling myself that so I'm not completely ticked off about this.

just cause a kid flips to his dream school doesn't mean that those on this board aren't in the know! Anyone who can predict what a 16-18 old kid is thinking is called a psychic not an insider.

Kids that flip are not "men of honor." I wonder why he would want someone on his team that "lacks integrity." Franklin is such a weasel.

From a football standpoint...I'm less concerned about this flip if our plan was to move Kelly to OLB eventually. Our ability to recruit and develop that position is top notch.
I'm telling myself that so I'm not completely ticked off about this.

What about the kids who flip to Syracuse? Do they lack integrity?

They're teenage kids who are trying to do what's best for themselves. Some of them handle it better than others.
This business doesn't employ only knights and criminals.

What about the kids who flip to Syracuse? Do they lack integrity?

They're teenage kids who are trying to do what's best for themselves. Some of them handle it better than others.
This business doesn't employ only knights and criminals.
He is just pointing out Franklin's quotes regarding flips when he was at Vandy.

Best to just not make absolute statements regarding situations that are fluid (as most recruitments are)
Probably the best thing to do. However, I personally appreciate the information those "in the know" provide here. I also understand that they are not the kids themselves, nor are they family members typically. These situations are fluid, all of them. Circumstances change. Even when they say "He won't flip", that is comforting, but stuff happens.

Best to just not make absolute statements regarding situations that are fluid (as most recruitments are)
this this this this THIS

Those who have inside info - is it that hard to phrase things in such a way as to not sound absolute? Which is to say, of course, to phrase them more accurately? Instead of, for example, "Penn State won't offer Kelly", why not, "It is doubtful Penn State offers Kelly"?

Those who don't have inside info and are just reading the board - can we just all agree that recruiting is fluid, that there are no certainties until the name is signed on signing day, and just learn to automatically read flexibility into any post purporting to have concrete inside info?

Deal?

this this this this THIS

Those who have inside info - is it that hard to phrase things in such a way as to not sound absolute? Which is to say, of course, to phrase them more accurately? Instead of, for example, "Penn State won't offer Kelly", why not, "It is doubtful Penn State offers Kelly"?

Those who don't have inside info and are just reading the board - can we just all agree that recruiting is fluid, that there are no certainties until the name is signed on signing day, and just learn to automatically read flexibility into any post purporting to have concrete inside info?

Deal?
Because, at the time, PSU wasn't going to offer him. They just weren't. PSU fans will tell you, they had bigger fish to fry with their limited schollies. The lifting of the sanctions, one of the most controversial decisions the NCAA has ever made, came out of left field -- nearly every PSU fan would tell you that; any college football fan would tell you that. It's a very unique situation. I wouldn't really called it fluid, come to think of it. It was reactionary based on a very very surprising ruling.

I'd rather get interesting, 95% accurate recruiting info from our insiders than spend half a thread talking about diners near Whitesboro High School, which is what the Jordan Fox thread has turned into.

Editorial comment over. :D

You guys need to grasp the fact that information can be correct one day and then a week, or two, later it can be incorrect. Phrasing it as something that is fact is because that is what the information was relayed them as, usually. Just because information happened to be wrong this time doesn't mean it would be taken by you all any better if it was described slightly different. If you want people to continue releasing information to you, whether it happens to be correct or not, then I would advise you to stop getting angry at those people because something changed and the information now becomes invalid. The more you b**** and moan the less and less reliable information will trickle down on to this site. It's as simple as that. Maybe that's what you want, maybe it isn't.

I have long learned to keep things quiet and off message boards (including here) so I am personally always surprised and happy to hear what other people are hearing and/or seeing regarding SU on here even if everything they say does not come to fruition.

The only thing that any of this confirms is that the PSU brand is still the PSU brand and it's the alpha dog in the neighborhood.

They and ND get first dibs in the NE, and that's just the way it is. SU beating them head to head is a 1 in 25 event (at best).

The only thing that any of this confirms is that the PSU brand is still the PSU brand and it's the alpha dog in the neighborhood.

They and ND get first dibs in the NE, and that's just the way it is. SU beating them head to head is a 1 in 25 event (at best).

What it confirms is that a kid that always wanted to go to PSU still wanted to go to PSU when he finally got an offer. This is the exact same scenario as Cabinda last year. This isn't us losing out to the random big boy school offer late in the game.

GoSU96 said:
The only thing that any of this confirms is that the PSU brand is still the PSU brand and it's the alpha dog in the neighborhood. They and ND get first dibs in the NE, and that's just the way it is. SU beating them head to head is a 1 in 25 event (at best).

We are batting .500 in our last 6 games v ND.