Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

Impressive film. Good to see us getting involved with safeties with some real size now. We need that to be competitive with schools like FSU and Clemson.

Union City HS is about 5 blocks from the Lincoln Tunnel. It was built in 2009 when the old Union Hill and Emerson high schools were combined. They play their games on a field built on top of the school.

800px-UCHSField9.14.09ByLuigiNovi10.jpg

I would really be careful on sending them on go routes

Impressive film. Good to see us getting involved with safeties with some real size now. We need that to be competitive with schools like FSU and Clemson.

Union City HS is about 5 blocks from the Lincoln Tunnel. It was built in 2009 when the old Union Hill and Emerson high schools were combined. They play their games on a field built on top of the school.

800px-UCHSField9.14.09ByLuigiNovi10.jpg
Awesome, I like that its a baseball stadium too and you can hit a home run and put it through your teacher's window too haha.

Good tape. Those string of hits right around the 1:45 mark are smile provoking. He's obviously got great size and good hands. He plays top heavy and wraps hard and I think displays good upper body. I think he's a stiff runner and has some hip flex and range of motion issues. I don't see him as a WR, at least not here. With a lot of lower body work he can develop to a very good SS, striker type who brings the pain.

Good tape. Those string of hits right around the 1:45 mark are smile provoking. He's obviously got great size and good hands. He plays top heavy and wraps hard and I think displays good upper body. I think he's a stiff runner and has some hip flex and range of motion issues. I don't see him as a WR, at least not here. With a lot of lower body work he can develop to a very good SS, striker type who brings the pain.

True some of those hits he delivers are nasty, full speed to dead stop instantly, he looks like a man among boys on the field, both sides of the ball.

I don't usually like to label kids as must gets, but I think based upon how the staff really wants to get at least a toehold back in NJ, he'd really make a statement.

Coach Acosta stopping in to see him today. Let's see what he can do.

hoping for a BOOM maybe? actually McDonald is Boom. Acosta needs to come up with something since i have the feeling he would be putting it to frequent use.

sutomcat said:
Impressive film. Good to see us getting involved with safeties with some real size now. We need that to be competitive with schools like FSU and Clemson. Union City HS is about 5 blocks from the Lincoln Tunnel. It was built in 2009 when the old Union Hill and Emerson high schools were combined. They play their games on a field built on top of the school.

My wife went to Union Hill HS. I know the area well. It would be great to get a kid from that area.

Free blurb...

Syracuse currently is trending ahead of Pittsburgh for three-star athlete Daiquan Kelly (Union City, N.J.), according to 24...7Sports' Ryan Bartow, who was on-site today. The Orange and Panthers have offered as well as Michigan State and Rutgers. While Bartow was at the school, Kelly also expressed the desire to be offered by Miami (Fla.). The 6-foot-3, 210-pound Kelly likely projects long-term as an outside linebacker. He is ranked as the No. 46 athlete in the 2015 class according to their Sports Composite rankings.

Interesting that we are recruiting Kelly as a WR. I initially thought it was SS

PSU just received a commitment for another safety. That should all but cement Kelly not receiving an offer from the Nits, which is obviously very good for us.

Talk about stringing a kid along...

"Although Penn State has yet to offer, Kelly has taken two trips to the school and has interest in the institution."
"You know they have a limited amount of offers and that's the biggest issue," he said. "And they don't know where to put me at – outside linebacker or safety. So they said stick with them until the end of May and see what happens from there."