Saint Dougie... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

He was also instrumental in changing the Ain's (Worst NFL team EVER) into the Superbwl winning Saints. And he played O-line on the 1984 Syracuse Orangeman football team that upset No.1 Nebraska. And he was an all-pro for the London Monarchs in 1991, who also won the NFLE Championship that year.
Let's not sell him short.

He was also the VP Product Strategy and Vision for Slack.

Doug Marrone singlehandedly changed the pronunciation of # from pound sign to hash tag.

In 2018 Lays potato chips will be releasing the new flavor "Dove and Bologna" after Marrone absent mindedly submitted an entry to their new flavor contest. Voting for his flavor idea generated so much traffic that it resulted in the Lays site experiencing 20 minutes of unanticipated downtime.

Scholars argue that Dickens opening line from A Tale of Two Cities was actually a prophetic statement about the context of Doug Marrone's head coaching career.

Let's not sell him short.

He was also the VP Product Strategy and Vision for Slack.

Doug Marrone singlehandedly changed the pronunciation of # from pound sign to hash tag.

In 2018 Lays potato chips will be releasing the new flavor "Dove and Bologna" after Marrone absent mindedly submitted an entry to their new flavor contest. Voting for his flavor idea generated so much traffic that it resulted in the Lays site experiencing 20 minutes of unanticipated downtime.

Scholars argue that Dickens opening line from A Tale of Two Cities was actually a prophetic statement about the context of Doug Marrone's head coaching career.
I believe he also coined the term, " Baloney Pony", if I'm not mistaken.

The guy can coach.

I wish he had stayed.

I have no doubt that he would had a great career on the Hill.
I was as excited after the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl as anyone but I'm happy with the way things have worked out.

I'd much rather have Dino as our HC.

(Not to mention as a Bills fan I'd rather have McDermott, though it's still too early to tell how good he is or isn't.)

And I believe he believed the Jets job was his, and that's why he left.
If the Bills wanted him to stay, arrangements could have been made. The Bills essentially let him go.
You are free to believe what you want. Dealing in facts here whenever possible, no conspiracy theories to fit people's nutty beliefs and narratives.

Any inside info or proof he thought he had the Jets job to back up your belief?

He was also instrumental in changing the Ain's (Worst NFL team EVER) into the Superbwl winning Saints. And he played O-line on the 1984 Syracuse Orangeman football team that upset No.1 Nebraska. And he was an all-pro for the London Monarchs in 1991, who also won the NFLE Championship that year.

He was very good at getting Sean Peyton's coffee

If Scott Shafer was the real brains and talent of the SU operation from 2009 to 2012 why did we regress every season with him as HC?

Why is he only DC at MTSU while Doug Marrone is HC at his 2nd NFL program?

Got to give him credit for hiring Shafer and for insisting upon a physical approach to the game.
I was thinking more about his time as NFL HC. I've always given him credit for hiring Shafer and for accomplishing a relatively great deal in 2012.

If Scott Shafer was the real brains and talent of the SU operation from 2009 to 2012 why did we regress every season with him as HC?

I won't say Shafer was the "real brains" of the operation (or any operation) but I will say I think Marrone is better at playing the game away from the field.

Marrone has a great agent and has somehow managed to impress the established dinosaurs in the league like Bill Polian, Charley Casserly, Tom Coughlin, etc. Guys who like football men who bring big binders to interviews and stress the importance of field position and time of possession.

I was thinking more about his time as NFL HC. I've always given him credit for hiring Shafer and for accomplishing a relatively great deal in 2012.

He also hired Jim Schwartz as his DC in Buffalo.

That was a pretty good hire in my opinion.

Marrone to me is just a very strong football man.

He knows how to run a program and knows how to win.

I just wish he had stayed with Syracuse University - I think he would have become a legacy coach.

You are free to believe what you want. Dealing in facts here whenever possible, no conspiracy theories to fit people's nutty beliefs and narratives.

Any inside info or proof he thought he had the Jets job to back up your belief?

I think the Jets stuff is supposition - logical but supposition.

Marrone took the advice of Parcells and chose not to work for an owner who did not hire him.

I really do believe that that was his primary motivation - though I do not have any first hand knowledge of the situation.

I just wish he had stayed with Syracuse University - I think he would have become a legacy coach.
Not in his DNA. Marrone is the anti-Boeheim.

For those scoring at home, Marrone's career NFL record is now 19 and 20. I've often said I think he will prove to be better as an NFL coach than a college coach. His college record was an even .500.

He's got 11 games to go this season, and the Jags schedule doesn't have the cream of the NFL on it. Their game this Sunday vs the Rams might be the most interesting game left on their schedule. To finish the season above .500 Marrone needs to go 7 and 4 to finish 10 and 6. That would settle his career record at 26 and 24.

I think he can do it, but he needs Fournette to handle a 16 game season, and that defense has to remain stout, because they aren't going to win through the air. The games to watch for look to be Rams at home, @ Cards and Seahawks at home. The rest of the schedule has a bunch of underwhelming to middling teams. The Jags division is a bunch of teams kind of stuck in the middle of the NFL. Maybe Marrone can break from the pack.
After the loss to the Rams, Marrone now needs to go 7-3 to finish the season with a career winning percentage above .500. The schedule isn't particularly hard, but getting that game against the Rams would have been big.

Going into the bye week 4-3, as many wins as all of last year. 1st in rushing, 1st in pass defense, 2nd in pt differential, 1pt behind the Rams.

10th in yds per game, up from 23rd last year, 9th in pts per game, 6th in yds allowed, up from 27th last year, tied for 1st pts allowed per game.

Guy is the best turnaround artist in the game.

I won't say Shafer was the "real brains" of the operation (or any operation) but I will say I think Marrone is better at playing the game away from the field.

Marrone has a great agent and has somehow managed to impress the established dinosaurs in the league like Bill Polian, Charley Casserly, Tom Coughlin, etc. Guys who like football men who bring big binders to interviews and stress the importance of field position and time of possession.

Somehow? Those guys you mentioned are pretty hard to impress with just binders and interviews. You have to have coaching chops to get interviews much less actually getting those jobs and impress those people.

He also hired Jim Schwartz as his DC in Buffalo.

That was a pretty good hire in my opinion.

We are much better off now with Babers than we ever would have with Doug. He never had to compete in the ACC. And he still hasn't recruited a D-1 QB for us.

Going into the bye week 4-3, as many wins as all of last year. 1st in rushing, 1st in pass defense, 2nd in pt differential, 1pt behind the Rams.

10th in yds per game, up from 23rd last year, 9th in pts per game, 6th in yds allowed, up from 27th last year, tied for 1st pts allowed per game.

Guy is the best turnaround artist in the game.
Thankyou Mrs Marrone

Jacksonville has not won more than five games since 2010.

Did you see who his assistants were?

And he quit the UMD job. He was also a successful D.C. at Stanford and D.C. at Michigan. The guy has credentials, cigars or not.

Did you see who his assistants were?

And he quit the UMD job. He was also a successful D.C. at Stanford and D.C. at Michigan. The guy has credentials, cigars or not.
He chose those assistants. He was a great DC for us, but DM ran the program. Both guys are probably exactly where they belong. DM fits better in the NFL and SS is best as a DC. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up doing it at a bigger school.

He has to be in the running for NFL Coach of the Year at this point no? The guy for the Rams is probably ahead of him and maybe O'Brien in Houston thanks to the Clemson QB, but what is happening in Jax is sort of amazing this year. they were awful last year.

He has to be in the running for NFL Coach of the Year at this point no? The guy for the Rams is probably ahead of him and maybe O'Brien in Houston thanks to the Clemson QB, but what is happening in Jax is sort of amazing this year. they were awful last year.

Eagles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom