San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

Mr Aztec, we win you send me some pizza from Filippi in Little Italy. SDSU wins I send you some pizza from here in Chicagoland
No Chicago style pizza for me. I actually have an outdoor pizza oven, and am not a fan of Fillipis. Would probably cost a C note to ship a Fillipis pizza!. They must put about 5 pounds of cheese on a pizza. If you are out here again, try Buona Forchetta. Neapolitan pizzas -better than what I had in Italy.

I like SDSU as a program, always good on defense, I liked the Fisher teams a lot. They got shafted as much as anyone with the lost tournament last year -- that was their best team, excellent on both ends and imo a legit contender.

Watched them this year in the two games vs Boise and I'm not sure what to make of them. Mitchell is a very cool and unorthodox player. He's honestly rather fat but he can really move and is very skilled. I imagine it will be him getting fed at the high post and he can cause problems for the zone there. Schakel can stretch the floor but in general their guards are not great.

Boise is a team with some bucket getters but they lack any reliable penetration at the guard spot (sound familiar?). Their star Alston went off in the first game and they lost in OT, but boise still kept it close with a bad game from alston in game 2.

I came away with a very lukewarm impression of SDSU this year. They've padded their record by beating up on the bad Mountain West and are nowhere near the team they were last year but they are certainly not a pushover.

I have watched more SDSU games than probably anyone on this board. It comes down to this: we guard the perimeter well, we win. They are not big and they don’t shoot well from inside the arc. If we don’t get out on their shooters we will have a big problem. Let’s have the former happen and not the latter, shall we? ;)
Spot on. Take away the perimeter. Make them win with 2s. Go big with Buddy and Kadary up top and cram the ball down their throats. Take advantage of our size.

Have we ever had back to back first game exits in the tourney? Was just thinking and I couldn't recall. Right now we are coming off that loss to Baylor.

05/06.

One concern, 9:40 EST is a regular primetime slotting for SDSU. They’ll already be very comfortable here.

No Chicago style pizza for me. I actually have an outdoor pizza oven, and am not a fan of Fillipis. Would probably cost a C note to ship a Fillipis pizza!. They must put about 5 pounds of cheese on a pizza. If you are out here again, try Buona Forchetta. Neapolitan pizzas -better than what I had in Italy.
Ooh I will tell my daughter to try it. She is a second year junior at SDSU and loves food as much as me!

One concern, 9:40 EST is a regular primetime slotting for SDSU. They’ll already be very comfortable here.
It’s 8:40 central time.
We will be fine.
We beat Indiana State in 2011 in the late window it was the last game started in the first round.

wouldn’t that be 640 their time out west?

wouldn’t that be 640 their time out west?
Yes, just saying that’s what’d be considered an ideal slotting for them whereas its a bit late for us. Shouldn’t have a big effect, I’m just nitpicking and bored/impatient for the work week to move along

In a normal tournament year (i.e. Friday is day 2) and if we have a top 4 seed, I like the Friday, 9:40 pm slot.

If you lose, there isn't much time for the nation to obsess about it. Most are in bed and noon the next day kicks off the next round.

I know, I'm a real glass half full kinda guy.

Yes, just saying that’s what’d be considered an ideal slotting for them whereas its a bit late for us. Shouldn’t have a big effect, I’m just nitpicking and bored/impatient for the work week to move along

9:40 is NOT late for college kids.

Fans on the other hand... ;)

Better this than a nooner.

Yes, just saying that’s what’d be considered an ideal slotting for them whereas its a bit late for us.
Are you saying JB may have a hard time staying awake past halftime?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom