Saul | Syracusefan.com

Saul

should i watch this then breaking bad since its a prequel?

should i watch this then breaking bad since its a prequel?
Would work fine either way, though doing BB first might enrich the Saul experience.

Great first episode imo. Looks like Odenkirk is going to be able to carry the show on his own. I kept looking for Jesse or Walt or another character from BB to show up in the background somewhere. The diner where Jimmy meets his prospective clients was in a couple of BB episodes.

Great first episode imo. Looks like Odenkirk is going to be able to carry the show on his own. I kept looking for Jesse or Walt or another character from BB to show up in the background somewhere.

Or Tuco.

Hooks are in, I can't wait for Ep 3. This might be a rare case where the spinoff is just as good as the original. Some of the black and white mall shots in the opening of the pilot were just beautiful. High level stuff to this amateur critic.

Watch Breaking Bad first. Just so you get the random references and such in this show. Like TuCo telling his assistant to hush. lol

Watch BB first.

Tuco FTW!

Looking forward to a tall glass of Mike.

I disagree, watch BB later/at the same time. More fun to enjoy a show while it is airing IMO. Cuts down on stuff getting spoiled. Plus you'll appreciate seeing people later in BB as you will already know the back story.

I knew Chuck was going to go for the morning paper. Foil and all.

I rewatched the last two episodes again. Superb writing and solid acting. A great compliment to Breaking Bad, but a stellar stand alone original as well. Get on the bandwagon!

I did not watch Breaking Bad but decided to watch Better Call Saul so I wouldn't miss out on another show that everyone was talking about and feel left out. Was a little worried that I wouldn't really "get it." However, I've been pleasantly surprised. Sure, there are some things/characters that would resonate more if I was a Breaking Bad fan, but I feel as though the show has been fantastic. Mike's Story tonight was one of the more moving/powerful episodes of a TV show that I've watched in a while. Looking forward to the rest of the season and beyond.

I did not watch Breaking Bad but decided to watch Better Call Saul so I wouldn't miss out on another show that everyone was talking about and feel left out. Was a little worried that I wouldn't really "get it." However, I've been pleasantly surprised. Sure, there are some things/characters that would resonate more if I was a Breaking Bad fan, but I feel as though the show has been fantastic. Mike's Story tonight was one of the more moving/powerful episodes of a TV show that I've watched in a while. Looking forward to the rest of the season and beyond.
there are some little treats for BB fans, but this show stands on its own feet, you don't need to watch BB first.

that being said, there is a major inconsistency in BB that I hope this show explains, but for the life of me I can't figure out how it will - it is already going down the opposite path. I won't say anymore because to do so might be a spoiler for some.

Someone needs to just give Jonathan Banks his Emmy right now. Save some time and hassle.

jekelish is a sucker for an old man's tears
This is true. But it's also true that I want to see Jonathan Banks receive the recognition he never got for his pivotal role in Airplane!

That's Mike "Two More Minutes" Ehrmantrout, to you.

This is true. But it's also true that I want to see Jonathan Banks receive the recognition he never got for his pivotal role in Airplane!
or for taking the face plant into the bean dip in Beverly Hills Cop

desktopbanks.jpg

it was good, but let's not go overboard - it was a well done cliche-fest. standard-issue dirty cops, son paying for the sins of the father, etc

The creators of the show do a weekly "Better Call Saul Insiders" podcast that is definitely worth a listen, where they go over all the details of writing and making each episode. It's really good, but don't listen if you haven't watched and plan to watch Breaking Bad, because they openly discuss relevant moments from that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom