Saul | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Saul

Saul this week was AWESOME! Mike Ermahntraut is THE MAN!

These episodes are so well written. Odenkirk kills it every week.

Someone needs to just give Jonathan Banks his Emmy right now. Save some time and hassle.

I came to this thread to post the same thing. Amazing work by Banks.

This show is great. My only problem is the prequel stuff makes me try to believe that everyone is younger than they are.

This show is great. My only problem is the prequel stuff makes me try to believe that everyone is younger than they are.

This is set 6-8 years before Breaking Bad, so their looks wouldn't be that much different, especially Mike.

BTW...another awesome episode for Mr. Banks.

Last night's episode was probably my overall favorite of the series so far. Great twist/reveal and some incredible Mike being Mike stuff. Him picking apart the tactical douchebag was amazing.

Last night's episode was probably my overall favorite of the series so far. Great twist/reveal and some incredible Mike being Mike stuff. Him picking apart the tactical douchebag was amazing.

Tactical douchebag. LOL. Add this to the list of SyracuseFan vernacular. ;)

I think it was funnier that the big guy rumbled away when Mike offered him one of the guns. Mike is such an amazing character because of how Banks plays him. He says more without speaking a word than any character on TV.

And then there's Chuck, who turns out to be the douche bag big brother we hoped he wouldn't be. I hope he starves in his propane powered cave dressed in his foil lined suit.

"What are you packing?"

"A Pimento sandwich. Pimento is a cheese. It's known as 'the caviar of the South'. :rolling:

So what did everyone think of the finale?
It went against typical BrBa finales, which i liked.

So what did everyone think of the finale?
It went against typical BrBa finales, which i liked.

It felt a little forced to me, like the writers decided to just skip ahead in the Jimmy to Saul transformation.

That said, there was a lot of stuff I liked in the episode.

The almost mournful "I always liked you Jimmy. I called you Charlie Hustle..." was a nice touch. That scene was a great bit of tragedy building.

Overall I'd give this episode a B-, not one of my favorites of the series so far.

agree . . . I feel like it needed one more episode to make the transition work.
Or another 15 minutes in this one. Attend the meeting with the other law firm, listen to what they have to say, then realize it was not really what he wanted to do because he didn't want to be a butt kisser for the rest of his life. A great scene with Jimmy telling them to stick it, then his last scene with Mike before he drives off.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom