Scholarships Available | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scholarships Available

Hilliard left Pitt the moment Graham was gone ... we had room at the Inn and were a good fit ...
I believe his intent on coming here has been verified. It might have been done on TOS.;)

I believe his intent on coming here has been verified. It might have been done on TOS.;)

Not sure how verifying his intent on coming here was called into question I simply pointed out why he decommited from Pitt ... I'm not quite sure what point it is you are trying to make or if you even have one.

Actually no one currently knows what his grade situation or team status is so his intent on coming here is very cloudy.

December 8th is a make or break date for Orange recruiting. Wonder who shows up that day that may be a big surprise?
No it's not. We'll have some recruits there but no one that will 'make or break' our class (Ogundeko will be there but at this point, not make or break)

Actually no one currently knows what his grade situation or team status is so his intent on coming here is very cloudy.
OK cloudy it is.:cool::noidea:

No it's not. We'll have some recruits there but no one that will 'make or break' our class (Ogundeko will be there but at this point, not make or break)
Isn't Smith going to be there too?I heard that Edwards, Zach, Austin and Carter will be there with EO and LS. I think landing these two would be huge with that quartet there as well. Considering we haven't landed a single recruit since Edwards in July, would be a nice momentum buildier one would think. Was also wondering if a wild card like Peters, Avant or Moody might be in the house sometime soon? So, if we lose both tehse guys, who do we have in the bank or at the window? I know with SU, we don't get the hoedown like other big schools and DM surprises us with some names too.

Isn't Smith going to be there too?I heard that Edwards, Zach, Austin and Carter will be there with EO and LS. I think landing these two would be huge with that quartet there as well. Considering we haven't landed a single recruit since Edwards in July, would be a nice momentum buildier one would think. Was also wondering if a wild card like Peters, Avant or Moody might be in the house sometime soon? So, if we lose both tehse guys, who do we have in the bank or at the window? I know with SU, we don't get the hoedown like other big schools and DM surprises us with some names too.
Laray's pretty much already locked up. Avant hasn't heard from us in months. Moody's taking his sweet old time, won't be visiting for a while. Peters hasn't heard from us in a while either.

Laray's pretty much already locked up. Avant hasn't heard from us in months. Moody's taking his sweet old time, won't be visiting for a while. Peters hasn't heard from us in a while either.

We fell out of Peters' top 5 a while back. Any word on where we sit with Munger?

Malik Brown is at the top of the list to. I think he is coming on 12/7 too?

My next commitment prediction. (I think Laray is already locked up.)

I did this at the beginning of the year so I still had Boatman AND Curtis in my numbers.

So would appear we have 18 roster openings barring any defections.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing because I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies right now about recruiting - and at this point feel we might hit the BList. HOWEVER because we don't have rivals/scout dedicated to covering Syracuse recruiting - and they have NO inside info like I see with other school recruiting sites - there is a lot of unknown. Would believe we'll start seeing a lot of names pop up (Philly DE Justin Moody, juco C John Miller) as the visits start rolling.

Just a heads up: Even if Curtis stays, and SU does the right thing and keeps him on scholarship, he would not count towards the 85. I fairly certain the NCAA allows schools to keep kids on scholarship who can no longer play football due to injury without using up on of the otherwise available 85.

Just a heads up: Even if Curtis stays, and SU does the right thing and keeps him on scholarship, he would not count towards the 85. I fairly certain the NCAA allows schools to keep kids on scholarship who can no longer play football due to injury without using up on of the otherwise available 85.
Agree, and I think we have had guys like that recently.

This is defintely the case. It's known as a medical hardship and occurs at most schools. The best known? Nick Saban. A ridiculous number of players, mostly those considered to be underperforming, a made medical hardships by this alleged coaching genius.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703384204575509901468451306.html

This is defintely the case. It's known as a medical hardship and occurs at most schools. The best known? Nick Saban. A ridiculous number of players, mostly those considered to be underperforming, a made medical hardships by this alleged coaching genius.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703384204575509901468451306.html

While I don't agree with the practice the fact of the matter is Saban doesn't have to renew a scholarship for a player. Look at what Cal did ... he just pushed kids right out the door without a scholly. All these kids go to these factories with the attitude that they are the best in their class and not afraid to compete and this is a consequence of that. There is a lot to be said for kids who go to a school because they aren't afraid of competition but at the same time its buyer beware for that school of choice. They still get a free education and since you can't make an impact at the NCAA level chances are you aren't doing it at the next level so take the free degree and run.

Wow the NCAA doing something mutually benficial to kids AND SCHOOLS Truly amazing.:p

EO is out too so it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom