Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

If it is a heart issue, I wouldnt be surprised if the vast majority of the teams took him off the board.

Right or wrong, with the Hamlin situation (totally different, I know) and just in general, people are very risk averse in this area of medical.

If it is a heart issue, I wouldnt be surprised if the vast majority of the teams took him off the board.

Right or wrong, with the Hamlin situation (totally different, I know) and just in general, people are very risk averse in this area of medical.
I would think Tucker would have to be cleared to play by the doctor of whatever NFL team he ends up on and there was not enough time for that to happen before the draft. So teams are not going to use a draft pick on someone who potentially may not be cleared. A free agent signing is a much smaller risk for a team to take if it is not certain if he will be cleared to play.

Yeah if the reports are true it’s very likely teams took him off the draft board as someone said above. Going to be a UDFA target and if his health checks out will be a steal for whichever teams lands him.

If he doesn’t get signed as UDFA I wonder if he’d go to a spring league?

So, I am doing all this sitting around waiting for Tucker to get picked and its just not gonna happen?
There will probably be three or four more backs drafted, tops.

As others alluded, he may get grabbed as a flyer in 7th, but at this point teams may be waiting for Undrafted status to go at him.

Right now it would be best for Tucker to go as an undrafted free agent. Pick the team he feels is best for him. If he is medically cleared he will make a roster.

Well this has been such a disappointment, have been waiting all off season for this. More so though I feel bad for Tucker as I’m sure this is hard on him.
I feel the same way. He was so good for Syracuse, so productive until Anae came along. Its hard to watch him get passed over by all these teams.

I do acknowledge his weaknesses in pass blocking, which is huge, but man, what an amazing talent for some team he could be...

I feel the same way. He was so good for Syracuse, so productive until Anae came along. Its hard to watch him get passed over by all these teams.

I do acknowledge his weaknesses in pass blocking, which is huge, but man, what an amazing talent for some team he could be...
As a newer fan this is the first time I’ve ever experienced having my eyes glued to the draft for one player. I plan on casually watching him from a far wherever he goes still. I’m happy for Bergeron and Williams of course but Tucker is my favorite.

You would have enjoyed the Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, & McNabb years. They were fun to follow in the NFL.

We have had some guys before, a bit like Tucker, like Walter Reyes. I don't recall if he really got much of a shot in the NFL. Hopefully Tucker does.

Hopefully, they all have good careers!

You would have enjoyed the Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, & McNabb years. They were fun to follow in the NFL.

We have had some guys before, a bit like Tucker, like Walter Reyes. I don't recall if he really got much of a shot in the NFL. Hopefully Tucker does.

Hopefully, they all have good careers!
Reyes - man, that dude was smooth

I don't know how he wasnt drafted

He should return to school and get his degree and then go on to live a long and happy life. Sucks that his NFL career is going to end before it starts but there’s more to life than football.

He should return to school and get his degree and then go on to live a long and happy life. Sucks that his NFL career is going to end before it starts but there’s more to life than football.
if it's a heart condition, in today's climate especially with the Hamlin incident, I doubt any team would even sign him as an UDFA. There is too much risk. The young man's life would be in jeopardy. I agree, put the SYR degree to work and live a long, healthy, fulfilling and productive life.

Last edited:
Is it too late for him to come back? He could probably do really well NIL wise?
Its too bad for him he wasn't a year older and couldn't leave after 2021. I think guys have petitioned before has to be a decent chance of getting a waiver if hes motivated enough.

Can't remember this few RBs ever being picked most teams want to take a chance on someone with how short their careers can be every year.

2 more years of NCAA eligibility could return him a fair bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom