Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

I think it’s become an urban legend that Tucker didn’t want to wear the number at SU. It unfortunately due to extreme short-sightedness wasn’t available to him and it was in his best interest to talk up 34. But at least the number was “reserved” for a kid that will never even play P5 football if he wanted to :confused:
Both are true; SU wasn’t going to give it to him and he preemptively announced prior to last season that he is sticking with 34 to make it his own.

I am reasonably confident he will be on the active roster.

From there it'll be about making the most of his opportunities.

When you look at what the Bucs have at RB and who can potentially play above expectations, he's the obvious guy.

He said no to the plan presented to him for him to have the number is my understanding.

I think it’s cool that he wants to wear 44 in the same way that I think it’s cool that Zaire Franklin wears 44. Did he want to wear it at 44? Sean himself stated otherwise. Whether you believe him or not is up to you. It’s possible to want to forge your own legacy with your own number while respecting the historic significance of 44 at Cuse. Maybe 44 was his first choice with the Bucs. Maybe he saw that his college number wasn’t available and choosing 44 was a logical alternative. I don’t know.
Before he said he didn't want to wear it, he said he would like to wear it if offered. I guess we get to choose which of his opposing statements to believe. I believe that when the university was too stupid to come to an agreement with him for NIL, he was as classy as possible in simply saying he chose to stick with his number.

He said no to the plan presented to him for him to have the number is my understanding.
I don't doubt your story, but picking a number shouldn't be that difficult. If the kid deserves it, let him have it and all the glory and pressure that comes with it.

I am reasonably confident he will be on the active roster.

From there it'll be about making the most of his opportunities.

When you look at what the Bucs have at RB and who can potentially play above expectations, he's the obvious guy.
Tuck's gonna be the example that you don’t have to spend megabucks on a RB. You can get outstanding production from low draft choices and UDFAs. He's got a chance to be one of big stories in this situation with the big name RBs protesting and claiming collusion.

Last edited:
I live in Tampa, not a Bucs fan, transplanted NYer loyal to NYG, but Bucs preseason games coming up will be appointment TV for me.
I'm the same, I am in northeastern Florida now, but if Tucker is on the Bucks, I am watching them. I will even root for them under certain circumstances.

I am looking forward to the Falcons with Bergie and the Bucs with Tucker twice b this for a big Cuse reunion.
In a couple of years, we won't have many NFL matchups that won't feature at least one Syracuse player, most will have one on either side. I can't wait.

I'm the same, I am in northeastern Florida now, but if Tucker is on the Bucks, I am watching them. I will even root for them under certain circumstances.
I am looking forward to Falcons with Bergie and Bucs with Tuck, two games this year, a Cuse reunion.

I don't doubt your story, but picking a number shouldn't be that difficult. If the kid deserves it, let him have it and all the glory and pressure that comes with it.
Spelling a name shouldn’t be that difficult but here the SUAD is

Yeah. Too bad SU doesn't get that. They want to wring every last cent out of a great historical thing as it becomes more and more irrelevant rather than do the right thing and put it on a guy that could make it relevant again. It has literally been a generation since someone wore it. The last couple graduating classes weren't alive when Konrad graduated.

The Buccaneers play their first preseason game tonight against the Steelers. I'm hopeful that Sean sees the field as he'll likely have to prove himself during preseason to have a shot at sticking. With that said, it doesn't appear I have the ability to watch. Does anyone here live in one of those markets or have NFL+ that plan on watching?

The Buccaneers play their first preseason game tonight against the Steelers. I'm hopeful that Sean sees the field as he'll likely have to prove himself during preseason to have a shot at sticking. With that said, it doesn't appear I have the ability to watch. Does anyone here live in one of those markets or have NFL+ that plan on watching?
Find a stream on one of those sites.

3 TB backs have carries. Is Sean really behind these guys, or maybe, ahead of them?
Got 2 carries, but only 3 yards.

Last edited:
3 TB backs have carries. Is Sean really behind these guys, or maybe, ahead of them?
Got 2 carries, but only 3 yards.

How would he be ahead of them and not get any carries, basically.

Tuck just had a nice 10-yard TD called back for holding. He's had zero chance on his carries, this Oline group blocking for him is pathetic. Mean Gene Deckeroff, TB's and FSU's radio broadcaster, has said Steelers Dline has been on him as soon as he touches ball.

Tuck just had a nice 10-yard TD called back for holding. He's had zero chance on his carries, this Oline group blocking for him is pathetic. Mean Gene Deckeroff, TB's and FSU's radio broadcaster, has said Steelers Dline has been on him as soon as he touches ball.

He's used to it, after last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom