Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

Racheed White is their clear #1 but anything goes behind him. The Bucs are going to be terrible this year which should be impossible with Evans, Godwin, and White. He will get his chances.
Mayfield and Trask means they don't want to win and just want a shot at drafting the next Brady next fall.

As long as he hangs around on their practice squad hes in good shape. Tampa could get good quickly they are in the worst division NFC South is so bad they might even mess it up and win too much this year.

He will be cut. Should have stayed
I watched game. They used 6 backs. Sean was 4th in the rotation and did not play until the 2nd half. Not sure what that means at this point. He did have a nifty 12-yard TD run where he broke a tackle and used his burst. But it was called back because an Olineman held.

I watched game. They used 6 backs. Sean was 4th in the rotation and did not play until the 2nd half. Not sure what that means at this point. He did have a nifty 12-yard TD run where he broke a tackle and used his burst. But it was called back because an Olineman held.
The good thing is, in that circumstance, it doesn't matter that it was called back. It matters that he put it on film for coaches to evaluate.

If he is a 3rd round talent like a lot of people thought he was, he'll stick.

Last edited:
Is special teams a possibility for him to stick with the squad?

How did the other backs do / look on film? Relative to Tucker?

Per the play by play on NFL.com | Official Site of the National Football League the TB backs apparently had these stats:
  1. 4 yard run - Vaughn
  2. 4 yard run - Vaughn
  3. 1 yard run - Vaughn
  4. -1 yard run - Vaughn
  5. 8 yard run - Thompkins
  6. 8 yard run - Edmonds
  7. 6 yard run - Edmonds
  8. 3 yard run - Edmonds
  9. 0 yard run - Edmonds
  10. -1 yard run - Vaughn
  11. 0 yard run - Vaughn
  12. -1 yard run - Edmonds
  13. 2 yard run - Geiger
  14. -8 yard run - Edmonds
  15. 1 yard run (Tucker)
  16. 2 yard run (Tucker)
  17. 4 yard run (Tucker) (nullified)
  18. -3 yard run (Tucker)
  19. 4 yard run - Laird
  20. 4 yard run - Laird
  21. 2 yard run (Tucker)
  22. 12 yard run (Tucker) TD (nullified)
  23. 13 yard run - Barber
  24. 3 yard run (Tucker)
  25. 2 yard run - Wofford
  26. 1 yard run - Brown
It seems Tucker was given as many chances as anyone else. That's a decent sign. However, a couple other backs produced more.

Per the play by play on NFL.com | Official Site of the National Football League the TB backs apparently had these stats:
  1. 4 yard run - Vaughn
  2. 4 yard run - Vaughn
  3. 1 yard run - Vaughn
  4. -1 yard run - Vaughn
  6. 8 yard run - Edmonds
  7. 6 yard run - Edmonds
  8. 3 yard run - Edmonds
  9. 0 yard run - Edmonds
  10. -1 yard run - Vaughn
  11. 0 yard run - Vaughn
  13. 2 yard run - Geiger
  15. 1 yard run (Tucker)
  16. 2 yard run (Tucker)
  18. -3 yard run (Tucker)
  19. 4 yard run - Laird
  20. 4 yard run - Laird
  21. 2 yard run (Tucker)
  23. 13 yard run - Barber
  24. 3 yard run (Tucker)
  25. 2 yard run - Wofford
  26. 1 yard run - Brown
It seems Tucker was given as many chances as anyone else. That's a decent sign. However, a couple other backs produced more.
Get nothing from that sadly, on a straight numbers yes, but situationally you have to consider who was in at offense and defense at the time

1. 4 yard run - Vaughn
  2. 4 yard run - Vaughn
  3. 1 yard run - Vaughn
  4. -1 yard run - Vaughn
  6. 8 yard run - Edmonds
  7. 6 yard run - Edmonds
  8. 3 yard run - Edmonds
  9. 0 yard run - Edmonds
  10. -1 yard run - Vaughn
  11. 0 yard run - Vaughn
  13. 2 yard run - Geiger
  15. 1 yard run (Tucker)
  16. 2 yard run (Tucker)
  18. -3 yard run (Tucker)
  19. 4 yard run - Laird
  20. 4 yard run - Laird
  21. 2 yard run (Tucker)
  23. 13 yard run - Barber
  24. 3 yard run (Tucker)
  25. 2 yard run - Wofford
  26. 1 yard run - Brown
Not sure about that

Vaughn - 7 yards/6 carries
Edmonds - 8 yards/6 carries
Thompkins - 8 yards/1 carry
Geiger - 2 yards/1 carry
Barber - 13 yards/1 carry (late in game)
Brown - 1 yard/1 carry
Laird - 8 yards/2 carries
Tucker - 8 yards/5 carries (not including the runs that got called back)

Pretty much in line with everyone else with more than 1 carry. If it wasn't for the penalties, he would have 1 more carry than anyone else and 16 possible more yards, including 1 TD.

Their backfield is so underwhelming, Sean is still probably working himself back into game shape and he will make the NFL minimum if they keep him, so he has a decent chance of sticking

Sean has to stick. It would crush me if our potential Heisman candidate, can't beat out this ridiculously bad running back room.

Sean has to stick. It would crush me if our potential Heisman candidate, can't beat out this ridiculously bad running back room.
Overhyped. The telling point for me was when tucker took himself out of a game numerous times deep in the opposing red zone. He clearly has a health issue sig he’s getting that winded. Gamers want the ball.

Overhyped. The telling point for me was when tucker took himself out of a game numerous times deep in the opposing red zone. He clearly has a health issue sig he’s getting that winded. Gamers want the ball.

Thank you, 'Negative Nancy'. :oops:

So a guy with a health issue isn’t a gamer? And he wouldn’t be overhyped if a health issue had a major effect on his performance, that would be unforeseen. Besides all that, really great post, thanks for coming

I’m concerned about his NFL future. Something was clearly off last year. And going undrafted was a bad sign. Plus, I’m not sure he’s set up for success in Tampa. That org is a mess right now.

All that being said, I hope that he’s starting by week 5 and turns into a breakout star.

I’m concerned about his NFL future. Something was clearly off last year. And going undrafted was a bad sign. Plus, I’m not sure he’s set up for success in Tampa. That org is a mess right now.

All that being said, I hope that he’s starting by week 5 and turns into a breakout star.

He had a tremendous season for us in 2021, but he wasn't the same player last year. I don't anticipate him sticking, to be honest. RBs are a dime a dozen.

On the positive side. RB’s are a dime a dozen but there are quite a few teams, at least, that are all of a sudden thin at RB.

On the positive side. RB’s are a dime a dozen but there are quite a few teams, at least, that are all of a sudden thin at RB.

Running backs have the shortest average career of all NFL position players; less than 2.6 years in the league on average. In terms of average salary, running backs are paid less than every other position but punters. It's like trying to find a 6-7 wing in the NBA - there are a million prospects out there.

Running backs have the shortest average career of all NFL position players; less than 2.6 years in the league on average. In terms of average salary, running backs are paid less than every other position but punters. It's like trying to find a 6-7 wing in the NBA - there are a million prospects out there.

Yup….. I realize that. Not sure why you commented that to my post?

He had a tremendous season for us in 2021, but he wasn't the same player last year. I don't anticipate him sticking, to be honest. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Who's gonna tell this guy?

Lombardi's greatest team, the '62 Packers, averaged 29.6 points per game. Kansas City two championship teams in the Patrick Mahomes era have averaged 28.2 and 29.2.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom