Selection Sunday Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread

How confident is everyone that we actually get in?

And is there a strong possibility that we don’t get in at all even if VCU/Cincy both lose?

im very confident. But with JB saying this morning he’d be fine playing one of the first four games, my gut feel is that is where we’ll be.

That’s right, I forgot about that.

They started the show by listing every team in alphabetical order.

Takes away some of the drama, but it is nice to find out right away.

Wait, are they saying the "last four out" are the replacement teams?

That makes no sense to me. The 4 replacement teams should be the 4 teams who lost in the first four play in round since they are truly the last four out. Or perhaps even more fair, is if one team has to be disqualified due to COVID after winning a sweet sixteen game, their replacement should be the team they just beat, since they are the closest seeding wise.
they got rid of that god awful alphabetical reveal after 1 yr.
the replacement teams can only be added before tuesday at 6pm otherwise its acc tournament rules

200.gif

im very confident. But with JB saying this morning he’d be fine playing one of the first four games, my gut feel is that is where we’ll be.

Well, what else could he say? "No! I refuse! give us a 6 seed or better or don't invite us at all!"

The replacement team thing makes no sense to me.

Why not just have the 4 play in game losers hang tight as the replacement teams?
after tuesday at 6pm any team that cant play the opponent moves on via walkover

The replacement team thing makes no sense to me.

Why not just have the 4 play in game losers hang tight as the replacement teams?

There will be no reseedings or bracket changes once the bracket is released on Selection Sunday, and replacement teams will only be introduced within 48 hours of the field's release. Potential at-large teams unable to meet the medical protocols by the first game of the NCAA tournament must notify the selection committee on the Saturday night before the field is announced.

Replacement teams will be determined in one of two ways, depending on whether the team withdrawing is a one-bid conference's automatic qualifier or from a multibid league.

One-bid leagues are able to designate a replacement team if their automatic qualifier is forced to withdraw. If a team from a multibid league, whether it's an at-large team or an automatic qualifier, is forced to withdraw, the last four teams not selected as at-large teams in the original field will be ranked 1-4 and designated as the replacement teams. Replacement teams will be placed in the same bracket position vacated by the withdrawing team.

Once the NCAA tournament begins on Thursday, March 18, there will be no replacement teams. As a result, forfeits could come into play.

Well, what else could he say? "No! I refuse! give us a 6 seed or better or don't invite us at all!"

no, not hardly. He could have said he thought they deserved a better seed than a play in game. He even joked that two weeks ago he would have hitch hiked to the game.

There will be no reseedings or bracket changes once the bracket is released on Selection Sunday, and replacement teams will only be introduced within 48 hours of the field's release. Potential at-large teams unable to meet the medical protocols by the first game of the NCAA tournament must notify the selection committee on the Saturday night before the field is announced.

Replacement teams will be determined in one of two ways, depending on whether the team withdrawing is a one-bid conference's automatic qualifier or from a multibid league.

One-bid leagues are able to designate a replacement team if their automatic qualifier is forced to withdraw. If a team from a multibid league, whether it's an at-large team or an automatic qualifier, is forced to withdraw, the last four teams not selected as at-large teams in the original field will be ranked 1-4 and designated as the replacement teams. Replacement teams will be placed in the same bracket position vacated by the withdrawing team.

Once the NCAA tournament begins on Thursday, March 18, there will be no replacement teams. As a result, forfeits could come into play.

Yeah, that's not at all convoluted.

Really on brand for the NCAA.

Doesn’t the announcer in the Cincinnati Houston game have some connection with Syracuse? I can’t stand his voice

I’m glad the PAC-12 stronger this year - ever felt like recently it was losing its power 5 status

Doesn’t the announcer in the Cincinnati Houston game have some connection with Syracuse? I can’t stand his voice

Dan Dakich (rhymes with Jock Itch).

His wife used to be the SU Softball coach years ago.

So what?

It's a stupid year. The rules are all stupid.

It's pretty stupid that 4 teams are travelling and preparing and it may all be for nothing.
If the rules are all stupid, it doesn' matter what teams are chosen as replacement teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom