(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username? | Syracusefan.com

(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username?

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
As a longtime reader of this site (although infrequent poster) I've gotten used to seeing both SU and non SU related usernames. So my question is where did yours come from?

Mine is pretty simple. My freshman year at SU I lived on the 14th floor of Lawrinson.

As a longtime reader of this site (although infrequent poster) I've gotten used to seeing both SU and non SU related usernames. So my question is where did yours come from?

Mine is pretty simple. My freshman year at SU I lived on the 14th floor of Lawrinson.

My initials and my birthday - in retrospect, I wish I came up with something more creative.

Was active duty Air Force when I joined this board and since retired...Orange is pretty obvious...

My original moniker was Mission Man from the Springsteen song line "Crazy Janey and Her Mission Man" ......as it was sometimes nice to have "mission" fantasties. I had a lot of fun with missions on the forum back in 2003 as some long timers may recall. When the forums moved to this board for some reason my Mission Man moniker would not come over......so was born the obvious NewMexiCuse.

My dog (Bevo) named after Bevo Francis...I went to SU.

Bevo (dog) lived with me for 4 years at Skytop.

I lived on Lawrinson 14 my sophomore year. I graduated in '93.

Oh, and I got my username from Black Sabbath guitar legend, Tony Iommi. (but that should be obvious from my avatar if you're a fan of rock/ hard rock/ classic metal).

My original moniker was Mission Man from the Springsteen song line "Crazy Janey and Her Mission Man" ......as it was sometimes nice to have "mission" fantasties. I had a lot of fun with missions on the forum back in 2003 as some long timers may recall. When the forums moved to this board for some reason my Mission Man moniker would not come over......so was born the obvious NewMexiCuse.
Loved your "missions" in '03!

Spirit in the Night is my favorite Bruce song. Growing up in Monmnouth County NJ, right next to Asbury Park, my mom would always play it for us in the car.
Our paths cross - I spent three of my four years at the Cuse living in Lawrinson (the other year was at Watson, which was then a frosh only dorm). Obviously, I really liked Lawrinson as I did not even leave it to live at the frat house !!

cuse-some blip on the map
clappy-nickname coined from my last name

Well...My old one from Scout wouldn't fit here, soooo, I just made this one up on the fly. Even though I will always be 4evaOrange...

je - first two letters of my first name
kel - first three letters of my last name
ish - my original screen name, jekel, was taken when we made the transition from the original Syracusefan to Scout, so if I couldn't be jekel, I at least wanted to be jekel-ish.

I used to work in Georgetown, where I was an incognito SU fan, except for the license plate on my car (never egged!) and the SU gear I sometimes wore (a homeless man on M St. said "F*** you, man!" to me on April 8, 2003, as I paraded around in my finery).

High school team name was the "Black Knights", I wore 76 in football, have sorta had this handle for everything online for years.

a few months after my father died, I went camping and four wheeling with friends in Utah, where I discovered this natural formation called moqui balls:

moqui_marbles.jpg

the local indians believe that the balls contain the souls of the departed. I snatched one to remind me of my recently departed father, and have been attached to them and the name ever since. I named a dog Moqui, who also died a couple of years ago, and now I have a moqui ball for him, too. I am looking at both of them sitting on my desk as I write this.

at the end of the day, though, I just think it is a cool, unusual & distinctive handle.

a few months after my father died, I went camping and four wheeling with friends in Utah, where I discovered this natural formation called moqui balls:

moqui_marbles.jpg

the local indians believe that the balls contain the souls of the departed. I snatched one to remind me of my recently departed father, and have been attached to them and the name ever since. I named a dog Moqui, who also died a couple of years ago, and now I have a moqui ball for him, too. I am looking at both of them sitting on my desk as I write this.

at the end of the day, though, I just think it is a cool, unusual & distinctive handle.

I agree that is cool. Much much better than mine. Sorry to hear about your Dad and your Dog. Glad you have something to remind you of them.

When i signed up many boards ago i typed in marsh and marsh01 came back so i took it. The 01 has no signifigance whatsoever.