(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username?

Mine is my old AIM screen name from high school haha. Basically just a combo of the beginning of my last name with "eezy" and my baseball number. In other words, I have the username of a 13 year old kid from 1997.

To celebrate your 1997 AIM reference, here is the gut-wrenchingly horrible sound of a dial-up modem. So nostalgic...

Just something weird I used to say with my college roomie. When I signed up for this forum I really had no intention of sticking around so I just used something dumb. I ended up sticking around and keeping the name. :cool:

Handle I've used online playing poker/etc. Meatball because I'm Italian and it was a nickname. 56... the greatest defensive player to ever play football. Period.

JJ - First and middle initials.

Reddawg - Play on last name as in Clifford the Big Red Dog.

To celebrate your 1997 AIM reference, here is the gut-wrenchingly horrible sound of a dial-up modem. So nostalgic...

And just like that you're cruisin at 48kbs!

Our paths cross - I spent three of my four years at the Cuse living in Lawrinson (the other year was at Watson, which was then a frosh only dorm). Obviously, I really liked Lawrinson as I did not even leave it to live at the frat house !!
I lived in Sadler freshman year, then Lawrinson, then in a house on Ackerman and then an apartment on Osprey (think that was the name of the street).

I joined a few boards back in 2002 a few months after my son was born and my username is a combination of our first names...it's kinda corny now that he is 11 and a smart a$$...just like his father :D

Name that I used in college when I didn't want someone to know my real name.

Essentially a slumpbuster alias.
Wait, so your name isn't Jake? I always thought of you as sort of a mysterious character, kind of like how Bob Sheppard was like listening to the voice of God at Yankee Stadium. Now, you're even more mysterious to me.

Strangely enough, my name was about Syracuse BB but before the old chat boards.
I was an original member of a gaming site about 25 years ago. I had the name "orange". The site was sold and in the process, I lost my name. In order to let people who knew me on the old site know that I was really "orange" I became "realorange".

My maiden name was Beadle. It tormented me until the Beatles became popular when I was in jr high school. I would have chosen bballbeadlebombbaileybug but it was too long.