(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username?

I'm not very good at making up user names...

I'd kinda like to change it to NashvilleCuse because I think I might be the only Cuse fan in Nashville who posts here.

My old handle on Rivals was FrozenDome, which was a play on ND's Golden Dome.

I used to be Yasuno in the AOL days. My girlfriend at the time, her name was this, and I used her AOL acct. After her, I switched to what has always been my nickname, + the number 7 for where I fall among my dad and siblings.

I'm not very good at making up user names...

I'd kinda like to change it to NashvilleCuse because I think I might be the only Cuse fan in Nashville who posts here.
you are JohnCuse because johnsyracuse was taken. Right?

Read my signature. Technically, it should be MG'sP. Jodi Sylvester sucks

VaBeachOrFan is pretty straightforward, but it's a play on words. I'm orphaned from Rochester, the Upstate Region, and the nearness of SUBB.-VBOF

Another easy one. Orange (duh), undergrad graduation year.

Name that I used in college when I didn't want someone to know my real name.

Essentially a slumpbuster alias.

That is awesome!!

I assume mine is pretty easy too. I live in Atlanta and am a CuseFan.

My avatar though, is pretty cool IMO because my great great uncle was Danny Biasone (Syracuse Nationals owner and inventor of 24 second shot clock and Syracuse bowling hero).

The Big East became my nickname (related to my last name) at a fraternity smoker back in 1984 - have kept it ever since and fortunately due to my name, I don't have to change it to the Big ACC! 44 is obvious - Let's Go Orange!

The Big East became my nickname (related to my last name) at a fraternity smoker back in 1984 - have kept it ever since and fortunately due to my name, I don't have to change it to the Big ACC! 44 is obvious - Let's Go Orange!

youre going to be pretty weird when no one knows your last name, we are in the acc and San Diego st is in the big east. but to each its own...

what were you smoking at the fraternity?

While I'll was in colllege at SU (1972- 1975) my professors could not successfully pronounce my last name. My last name is a Slavic name pronounced siskon but spelled quite deferintly...hence they called me Cisco. Hence CiscoCuse!

a few months after my father died, I went camping and four wheeling with friends in Utah, where I discovered this natural formation called moqui balls:

moqui_marbles.jpg

the local indians believe that the balls contain the souls of the departed. I snatched one to remind me of my recently departed father, and have been attached to them and the name ever since. I named a dog Moqui, who also died a couple of years ago, and now I have a moqui ball for him, too. I am looking at both of them sitting on my desk as I write this.

at the end of the day, though, I just think it is a cool, unusual & distinctive handle.
Pretty cool - I don't always learn something new every day, but when I do, I prefer to learn it on syracusefan.com.

mine is self explanatory - first name & last initial - it was bestowed upon me when I was in a working environment with 4 other William/Bills

When my 1st kid was learning to talk I was determined to brainwash her to reply to the question "Who rules?" with "Dada". I just kept asking "Who rules?" followed by "Dada". One day she answered Dada and I declared victory. My wife tried turning her to "Mama" and my daughter would laugh and say "No - Dada.". I got all 4 kids on this.

Obviously as my eldest is now 17 and youngest (Mr. Boots) is 11 it is pretty clear that Dada does not in fact rule.

I spent 30 years in the Midwest, 9 in Indiana and 21 in Michigan. On the old board, I started out as StuckinBig11Land as an acknowledgment that sports life was rather boring and ugly and obnoxious in Big Ten country and a jab at the stupid people who couldn't count how many teams they had in their conference after Ped State joined. I had to reduce the length of my name to stuckinbig11 some years ago when the board changed. I moved back to NYS four years ago but kept the name so as not to lose my identity.

I was in Hilton Head in 2003 when Syracuse beat Kansas to win the national championship. Needless to say, I was pretty blasted and after they won I ran around Wild Wings Cafe screaming out "the Cuse is loose! 2003 champs baby!" (I was also the only Syracuse fan in the bar and may or may not have called a 10 year old kid wearing a Kansas T Shirt a ),

When I found the Rivals site later that year, I used Cuseisloose2003 as my screen name. When we moved to Scout I shortened it to Cuseisloose. Now that we are here I got eve lazier and went to CIL. If we move again I may have to go all Prince on you and move to a symbol.

Manleyzoo as in charter member of the original Manley Zoo way way way back in the day. Yes, we threw nasty stuff (the chicken story is true) on the court and made as many futile and disgusting gestures as we could dream up in the moment.

A decade ago at the R!vals site, some Tennessee already had Extreme Orange.

And I think the X-games were on TV when I signed up.