Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't classify it as great. Guerrier can be a stud, but the rest are just nice players/projects that would have been the last player in the class type of guy in the past.

Actually #32 in the country with a 5 man class is terrible for our past standards.

So true. We used to bring in top 10 classes quite frequently.

I don’t know anything concrete but I have a gut feeling that Andre will be on campus this weekend with Isaiah.

We’ve had players start their freshman year ranked lower than Goodine and Girard.

Brandon Triche and Craig Forth come to mind.

I get people being upset, but at least don’t exaggerate.

Rhody was 26-8 in his last year, won the A10, earned a 7 seed (first tourney appearance in almost 20 years) and lost in the second round to Duke. Basketball is almost an afterthought at URI since he left.

Im not sure that equates to very good.

I don’t know anything concrete but I have a gut feeling that Andre will be on campus this weekend with Isaiah.

Does this mean you know not concrete plans?

Keep telling yourself that. I've been around basketball in NYC from a grassroots perspective longer than most people on this board. Kids want to get out of the city which is why some are hopping on the chance to go prep when they can.

That may be the case today but their recruiting started dropping off with the loss of that stipend.

Im not sure that equates to very good.

We’re talking Rhode Island. A 26-win season, a conference title and a berth in the tourney is “very good” there. Lately, that would be very good at Syracuse.

No. But with his skill set, I was never fired up with him in the first place. I have seen this movie before. Look, he may still end up here. If he does, great. If not, I won't lose any sleep about a small forward that doesn't shoot it very well.
taller, thinner paul harris

not a knock; i loved paul & thought he had a strong career despite not meeting lofty expectations

the delay to gather family & advisors to consider may not help syracuse, but it certainly doesn't help uconn. they wanted a commitment this week. they still might get him, but their momentum has stalled

the delay to gather family & advisors to consider may not help syracuse, but it certainly doesn't help uconn. they wanted a commitment this week. they still might get him, but their momentum has stalled
Yep. If he really enjoyed UConn and didn’t commit before he left he may still be thinking on it. And I assume a lot of his circle are Cuse fans ?

Remember when Tyus Battle visited Syracuse after decommiting from UM and then verbaled to Cuse the next day?
You're just playing now ... trying to get my hopes up for H0T Takes if he STB and goes to Yukon!

Last edited:
I hope you're not naive enough to think that that's the entire situation.

I hope you're not naive enough, in light of the FBI investigation, to suggest that it hasn't been a significant blight on the college basketball landscape. Or that it hasn't impacted our recruiting of late, with several prospects that we were involved with. Or that you don't recognize that payment$ are the reason we've dropped out of numerous high profile recruitiments, while others spent like drunken sailors.

Doesn't mean that there aren't other factors at work, as well, but this one has been an albatross for our program.

Last edited:
Yep. If he really enjoyed UConn and didn’t commit before he left he may still be thinking on it. And I assume a lot of his circle are Cuse fans ?
Or he did commit and wants to make a public announcement.

Or he did commit and wants to make a public announcement.
the only public comments made after the uconn visit were that he was undecided and still considering.

that holds a lot more weight than a bunch of follow-the-pack "crystal ball" predictions. but that's just me. what do i know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom