Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only public comments made after the uconn visit were that he was undecided and still considering.

that holds a lot more weight than a bunch of follow-the-pack "crystal ball" predictions. but that's just me. what do i know?
Trust me...I hope thats the case. I think he might be waiting on Cliff and IJ myself.

the only public comments made after the uconn visit were that he was undecided and still considering.

that holds a lot more weight than a bunch of follow-the-pack "crystal ball" predictions. but that's just me. what do i know?
You are spot on with this and it's also the same stuff you said (I think it was you and others) during the akok recruitment. But the thing is, your acting like these cb picks and all this noise is nonsense all because it didnt come right from the source. Literally 9 times out of 10 this scenario plays out just like it is with Dre and 9 times out of 10 these recruiting gurus are right because someone spilled the beans. Its so dumb how its played out and kids make announcements when literally everyone knows where they are going before the actual announcement. This is the case with every recruit throughout the country...not just cuse recruits. Now every once in awhile a recruit suprises everyone and picks something different then what all the experts have him pegged as. With that said, we are definitely still in this one and trying to close. Gunna be fun to see how it plays out. Just seems like whenever this scenario happens to us then we have guys trying to dismiss the fact that every major recruiting analyst recently changed his pick from cuse to uconn for no apparent reason and these guys dont know jack crap. That's not the case at all...there is definitely a reason for the change in crystal ball picks. Yes, it's not over until it over and we hear it from the horses mouth. But hey we are all dying someday so who cares! I do hope he ends up wearing orange tho because I love his athleticism. Kid would blow the new roof off the dome with his dunks!

I hope you're not naive enough, in light of the FBI investigation, to suggest that it hasn't been a significant blight on the college basketball landscape. Or that it hasn't impacted our recruiting of late, with several prospects that we were involved with. Or that you don't recognize that payment$ are the reason we've dropped out of numerous high profile recruitiments, while others spent like drunken sailors.

Doesn't mean that there aren't other factors at work, as well, but this one has been an albatross for our program.

Ok, all of that is fair. But let me ask you this:

Prior to sanctions, things were going great. I have been told we never paid players. My question is: have things completely flipped and all hell broken loose over the last 5 years? Or have we done things a lot differently?

I think the paying of players has definitely impacted our ability to get a Top 10-20 guy. Andre Jackson is not that. He is also “allegedly” now going to UConn, making him the second top recruit in two years to flee to Storrs.

Is Hurley paying guys? I don’t think that’s true.

You are spot on with this and it's also the same stuff you said (I think it was you and others) during the akok recruitment. But the thing is, your acting like these cb picks and all this noise is nonsense all because it didnt come right from the source. Literally 9 times out of 10 this scenario plays out just like it is with Dre and 9 times out of 10 these recruiting gurus are right because someone spilled the beans. Its so dumb how its played out and kids make announcements when literally everyone knows where they are going before the actual announcement. This is the case with every recruit throughout the country...not just cuse recruits. Now every once in awhile a recruit suprises everyone and picks something different then what all the experts have him pegged as. With that said, we are definitely still in this one and trying to close. Gunna be fun to see how it plays out. Just seems like whenever this scenario happens to us then we have guys trying to dismiss the fact that every major recruiting analyst recently changed his pick from cuse to uconn for no apparent reason and these guys dont know jack crap. That's not the case at all...there is definitely a reason for the change in crystal ball picks. Yes, it's not over until it over and we hear it from the horses mouth. But hey we are all dying someday so who cares! I do hope he ends up wearing orange tho because I love his athleticism. Kid would blow the new roof off the dome with his dunks!
every one? no. and there is a real phenomenon called pack journalism and it looks just like what you are describing

i don't claim to know what aj is going to do, but i do know those "recruiting gurus" don't deserve the weight you give them. like weather vanes they can change with the whiff of rumor

i don't know which way he is going to go and it may well be uconn, but the only dead certain fact is that he himself said publicly that he is undecided, and he said it after the uconn visit.

you can read the tea leaves, i prefer to judge the facts

every one? no. and there is a real phenomenon called pack journalism and it looks just like what you are describing

i don't claim to know what aj is going to do, but i do know those "recruiting gurus" don't deserve the weight you give them. like weather vanes they can change with the whiff of rumor

I disagree. I think they are more than likely right in this scenario. With movement like that right before a commitment date, its not good.

Ok, all of that is fair. But let me ask you this:

Prior to sanctions, things were going great. I have been told we never paid players. My question is: have things completely flipped and all hell broken loose over the last 5 years? Or have we done things a lot differently?

I think the paying of players has definitely impacted our ability to get a Top 10-20 guy. Andre Jackson is not that. He is also “allegedly” now going to UConn, making him the second top recruit in two years to flee to Storrs.

Is Hurley paying guys? I don’t think that’s true.

Okay, I see what's causing the confusion. I didn't say that Hurley paid players, or that it is impacting this recruitment [i.e., Andre Jackson].

The post I responded to was lamenting that we used to have top 10 classes, what happened?

We DID used to have them -- back when we were playing the game [back in the 80s, early 90s] -- but then we got caught, we were an early adopter of proactive NCAA compliance, and the shenanigans stopped. We've been recruiting at a disadvantage ever since.

When we got rolling again after 2009, we started to recruit well again. Then, the NCAA sanctions crushed us. We're just getting out from underneath that burden. Last years class might be the first step back, and a sign that the sky isn't falling on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:

i don't know which way he is going to go and it may well be uconn, but the only dead certain fact is that he himself said publicly that he is undecided, and he said it after the uconn visit.

Ok with the everyone thing again. NOT everyone but the majority of people in the know are now on the uconn train where before it was the cuse train. There is a reason for that. So if it's just all hoopla like ur making it out to be then why are these gurus right almost 100% of the time? They just getting lucky with these picks? And yes these guys change their picks like the breeze of the wind and early picks in a recruitment are pointless...but towards then end when they start changing them it's usually right 9 times out of 10. Again, I'm not saying it's over at all...I'm sure JB/Gmac are giving it everything and I know the kid and alot in his group like cuse but there is ABSOLUTELY a reason why they changed their picks and it's not just because he finished a visit with them. Tea leave/facts/pack journalism whatever else u want to call it but that's how these recruiting things go almost ALL THE TIME. Why?

But yea, these recruting gurus can all change their picks again after this weekend and theh will be considered right as long as its before Dre announces. I will agree with you that these guys flip flop quite a bit but normally when it gets towards the end of a kids recruitment theres usually just a flip...not a flip and then a flop.

Ok with the everyone thing again. NOT everyone but the majority of people in the know are now on the uconn train where before it was the cuse train. There is a reason for that. So if it's just all hoopla like ur making it out to be then why are these gurus right almost 100% of the time? They just getting lucky with these picks? And yes these guys change their picks like the breeze of the wind and early picks in a recruitment are pointless...but towards then end when they start changing them it's usually right 9 times out of 10. Again, I'm not saying it's over at all...I'm sure JB/Gmac are giving it everything and I know the kid and alot in his group like cuse but there is ABSOLUTELY a reason why they changed their picks and it's not just because he finished a visit with them. Tea leave/facts/pack journalism whatever else u want to call it but that's how these recruiting things go almost ALL THE TIME. Why?
i never used the term "hoopla"

i am saying one thing and one thing only - the only person whose opinion matter is andre jackson, and his public stance is that he is undecided, is gathering his family and advisors to go over everything, and announcing next week.

now, you and anyone else is free to predict uconn. and you are free to see the stampede as evidence

but the actual statements by the subject are crystal clear that no decision has been made

i never used the term "hoopla"

i am saying one thing and one thing only - the only person whose opinion matter is andre jackson, and his public stance is that he is undecided, is gathering his family and advisors to go over everything, and announcing next week.

now, you and anyone else is free to predict uconn. and you are free to see the stampede as evidence

but the actual statements by the subject are crystal clear that no decision has been made
Lol. I get that and your absolutely right. :p :rolleyes:

Okay, I see what's causing the confusion. I didn't say that Hurley paid players, or that it is impacting this recruitment [i.e., Andre Jackson].

The post I responded to was lamenting that we used to have top 10 classes, what happened?

We DID used to have them -- back when we were playing the game [back in the 80s, early 90s] -- but then we got caught, we were an early adopter of proactive NCAA compliance, and the shenanigans stopped. We've been recruiting at a disadvantage ever since.

When we got rolling again after 2009, we started to recruit well again. Then, the NCAA sanctions crushed us. We're just getting out from underneath that burden. Last years class might be the first step back, and a sign that the sky isn't falling on the recruiting trail.

I get some of that but I don’t think that’s more than half the reason why we are losing out on a priority recruit in Albany to UConn. In fact, I’d argue none of that makes a difference.

Debate if he should have been or has the qualifications of being a high priority recruit (can’t shoot, etc.), but make no mistake that he was THE GUY zeroed in on by JB & Co.

If we miss out on him — that is yet another stain on the program’s recent efforts. And it might be the worst one, honestly (next to Bazely, if you want to count that).

I get some of that but I don’t think that’s more than half the reason why we are losing out on a priority recruit in Albany to UConn. In fact, I’d argue none of that makes a difference.

Debate if he should have been or has the qualifications of being a high priority recruit (can’t shoot, etc.), but make no mistake that he was THE GUY zeroed in on by JB & Co.

If we miss out on him — that is yet another stain on the program’s recent efforts. And it might be the worst one, honestly (next to Bazely, if you want to count that).

I didn't argue that it made a difference here, I was responding to a specific post.

How about this? We don't get dre but do get IJ. How big a stain is dre on our program at that point?

How about this? We don't get dre but do get IJ. How big a stain is dre on our program at that point?
barely a skidmark. wouldn't even have to change your shorts

big cliff has really narrowed his list down. Uconn feeling confident this will help them land Dre. Kids still got a top 13 and they were thinking a commitment is coming any day now.

Waiting for the posts tomorrow of Dre on campus with IJ. The madness of this thread only getting turned up and the Boneyard then falling into the same madness this thread has been to the past couple days.

I will say if you want a glass half full, the Iowa cancellation paired with IJ visiting this weekend after Dre mentioned talking to IJ could be construed the same as the half empty this occurred after the UConn visit. Now if Dre shows up on his own accord with IJ... Game on.

Oh and if anyone catches Hurley looking shady pulled over on I 90... Politely alert the authorities to a planned kidnapping. It's also highly likely he and or his vehicle will be partially in the road. Look for signs of flamboyant hand gestures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors