Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't do the interview. Just passing along the latest on guys we are recruiting... :noidea:

Ha, I know and appreciate it. It wasn't a bad interview. Like I said, it seemed like he caught up to Cole with a few spare moments and couldn't get too in depth. Just wasn't much to it.

Ha, I know and appreciate it. It wasn't a bad interview. Like I said, it seemed like he caught up to Cole with a few spare moments and couldn't get too in depth. Just wasn't much to it.

I'd like someone like you to do some more interviews with guys we are recruiting, like your Sidibe stuff. High quality. Popcorn and soda

Did Nova get someone to the NBA since Kyle Lowry?
Edit: Ok, I checked. They have Ochefu. But, they their stars barely make it to the league, if at all. We have guys like Malachi blow up and then go in the first round. Malachi jumped thanks to a nice game in the NCAA tournament, but that was a tournament that Nova won!!! Nobody from that Villanova roster is going to go in the first round. So, if getting the league is a priority, then Nova is questionable. If getting to the league quickly is also a priority, then Nova shouldn't be a consideration. If being well coached and be a part of solid teams for four years is the priority, then I can't fault a kid for going to Nova.

"Listen Cole we like you soooo much but theres about ten guys were gonna offer ahead of u, just hang on until spring 18 and if we miss on them well offer u. Hows that sound buddy?"

"Hey Cole, we have this kid Jordan Tucker this year. He's a solid player, but we think you are better and can come in and play over him. Then we will ask him to transfer to a non ACC school."

Just my opinion based on what's out there and what I've seen.
Is it because you are down about how we did this year with our main targets? I could understand that. But I believe that we will do better this year. I also think we did better than we really should have at the end.

Is it because you are down about how we did this year with our main targets? I could understand that. But I believe that we will do better this year. I also think we did better than we really should have at the end.

Point taken Dash, but taking an unofficial to Duke doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. It sounds like Quade/Tucker 3.0 if we go down to the end. I hope we look at multiple options this summer at guys with his skillset.

We have become Duke's advance scouting team.

MK: "Oh, this guy is at the top of Jim's list, maybe we ought to get him on campus?.He's probably decent enough to be our 4th pick at small forward."

Chapel: "Yeah, but Mike, did you forget about Jordan Tucker? He might be here still."

MK: "Who?"

Chapel: "Tucker. That kid we signed a few weeks ago. He was our consolation prize after Cal got Knox. He can shoot pretty well. I showed you his tape before he came over your house."

MK: "Well, let's get Slider here on an unofficial anyway. Don't bother with an official. We will just let Slider know he can flip to us if we are desperate. That will work."

Chapel: "It's Swider."

MK: "Whatever. Next. When are signing our next 5-star?"

Point taken Dash, but taking an unofficial to Duke doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. It sounds like Quade/Tucker 3.0 if we go down to the end. I hope we look at multiple options this summer at guys with his skillset.
Oh, I don't disagree. I have zero knowledge of where this kid is going to go and what are chances are. My only point was that this past year was a perfect storm of bad timing for us. both Jb and Hop being away during the summer. Kentucky missing out on the pt guards they wanted. Duke missing out on Knox. I think we will do well this year. I have hope, anyway. And I do think that with Thorpe, MD, HW and OB, we did better than most of us think we did.

MK: "Oh, this guy is at the top of Jim's list, maybe we ought to get him on campus?.He's probably decent enough to be our 4th pick at small forward."

Chapel: "Yeah, but Mike, did you forget about Jordan Tucker? He might be here still."

Chapel: "Tucker. That kid we signed a few weeks ago. He was our consolation prize after Cal got Knox. He can shoot pretty well. I showed you his tape before he came over your house."

MK: "Well, let's get Slider here on an unofficial anyway. Don't bother with an official. We will just let Slider know he can flip to us if we are desperate. That will work."

You forgot the part where Chapel tells him that Syracuse loves kid. And K says, I love Syracuse. Sign him up.

LMAO, well crafted!

You forgot the part where Chapel tells him that Syracuse loves kid. And K says, I love Syracuse. Sign him up.

Well, I did say he's at the top of JB's list. They won't sign their 4th SF option now. ;)

Oh, I don't disagree. I have zero knowledge of where this kid is going to go and what are chances are. My only point was that this past year was a perfect storm of bad timing for us. both Jb and Hop being away during the summer. Kentucky missing out on the pt guards they wanted. Duke missing out on Knox. I think we will do well this year. I have hope, anyway. And I do think that with Thorpe, MD, HW and OB, we did better than most of us think we did.

I think our class is ok, but chances are we are going to need shooting again next year if we get Thorpe when he leaves and when Battle leaves. It seems like we have a really difficult time recruiting that skill and it would behoove us if we targeted more guys with the ability to put the ball in the basket.

My concern with Swider and Bazley are they seem like guys that will want to step in day 1 and start. They could have that chance at Syracuse to do just that, but they may also view SU as a logjam at the 3/4 with MM, OB, MD, and possibly TT if he stays another year. I'd love to have one or both of CS/DB, but I also think that the guys we have in the stables listed above will do well.. even more so with another year in our system. Don't think Duke is realistic for Swider unless he doesn't mind sitting.

No, I really don't look at things with a view that it's a snowball effect. I agree with you that it was a perfect storm - for the most part. If two things break different, we have Green & Tucker and who knows who else. They didn't and we have other kids who could be good, too. Nobody knows.

My observation of this kid in particular is that he hasn't really mentioned us much in the last month and the tea leaves are moving in a different direction. I feel much differently about the kid from Ohio. I do have hope there, as long as they don't get played and make sure to tell the kid to make up his mind and sign early. Longer that one goes, it goes the way the other high profile recruitments went this past year.

Again, only my opinion and based on what I see out there publicly.

:rolling:

My concern with Swider and Bazley are they seem like guys that will want to step in day 1 and start. They could have that chance at Syracuse to do just that, but they may also view SU as a logjam at the 3/4 with MM, OB, MD, and possibly TT if he stays another year. I'd love to have one or both of CS/DB, but I also think that the guys we have in the stables listed above will do well.. even more so with another year in our system. Don't think Duke is realistic for Swider unless he doesn't mind sitting.

I agree 100%. Said the same thing on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom