Class of 2024 - SF Cooper Flagg (ME) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SF Cooper Flagg (ME)

I'm baffled this dude is doing college ball at all.
With NIL he can get paid now and he can have fun in front of college crowds. Everyone wants to boil sports down to business decisions but there are other things that make it enjoyable. Playing in front of people and being on TV make it more fun. And maybe he wants to experience college. Is he a good student?

1A and 1Ab
Of hatred for both UCONN and
Duke. Curious but did we ever even talk to this kid?

I'd prefer it be UCONN and not Duke. I'm tired of us being beaten up and manhandled by Dooks loaded NBA squad every year. Spread the wealth.

This may be blasphemous, but I don't mind if Duke just loads up each year. They didn't win it all when they had the #1, #2 and #3 kid in the same recruiting class. Would rather they do like Kentucky did and just get all the top kids not going to OTE or Ignite.

Not that it matters because Flagg will start and play at whatever position he wants, but I think Duke has a few highly ranked SF/PFs already in tow. Again, it doesn't matter, Flagg will start.

Duke vs. Uconn... I just can't. Blah.

This may be blasphemous, but I don't mind if Duke just loads up each year. They didn't win it all when they had the #1, #2 and #3 kid in the same recruiting class. Would rather they do like Kentucky did and just get all the top kids not going to OTE or Ignite.

Not that it matters because Flagg will start and play at whatever position he wants, but I think Duke has a few highly ranked SF/PFs already in tow. Again, it doesn't matter, Flagg will start.

Duke vs. Uconn... I just can't. Blah.

Yeah let then pile them on and not win as much as they should trying to blend them all

I would love for us to pile on annual multiple top 10 recruits and have Duke's lack of success. It's fun watching your team live in the top 10 almost every year even if you get upset in the tourney. That sounds an awful lot like our fun teams in the late '80's.

I would love for us to pile on annual multiple top 10 recruits and have Duke's lack of success. It's fun watching your team live in the top 10 almost every year even if you get upset in the tourney. That sounds an awful lot like our fun teams in the late '80's.
I would take that all day long over what we've had the past few years. However, I believe a full roster of top 100 kids, with the majority being top 50 kids, will yield top 20 teams every year and deeper tournament runs. I think this staff is fully capable of building a roster like that.

I would take that all day long over what we've had the past few years. However, I believe a full roster of top 100 kids, with the majority being top 50 kids, will yield top 20 teams every year and deeper tournament runs. I think this staff is fully capable of building a roster like that.
The tourney is such a crapshoot. There's no perfect way to build a roster. 2003 should have been the year we prepared for a real run in 2004 and yet we won it all with what may have been our youngest team ever and maybe the youngest to win it up to that point. However they do it, I hope the staff loads the team with talent and finds a way to make them play well together.

The tourney is such a crapshoot. There's no perfect way to build a roster. 2003 should have been the year we prepared for a real run in 2004 and yet we won it all with what may have been our youngest team ever and maybe the youngest to win it up to that point. However they do it, I hope the staff loads the team with talent and finds a way to make them play well together.
Of course, things happen in the tournament. But, guys ranked in the 70's tend to stay 4 years, 50's tend to stay 3 to 4 years, top 30 is more likely 1 or 2 years. If we have 7 guys ranked near 50, 3 guys ranked in the 30's and 3 ranked near 70, with them being well distributed among classes, I like our chances every year to make a run. Obviously it is easier said than done. Red would have to use the transfer portal and high school recruiting wisely. But, I think it's achievable.

Of course, things happen in the tournament. But, guys ranked in the 70's tend to stay 4 years, 50's tend to stay 3 to 4 years, top 30 is more likely 1 or 2 years. If we have 7 guys ranked near 50, 3 guys ranked in the 30's and 3 ranked near 70, with them being well distributed among classes, I like our chances every year to make a run. Obviously it is easier said than done. Red would have to use the transfer portal and high school recruiting wisely. But, I think it's achievable.
I see it a little differently. Too many of those guys 50 and lower don't develop enough to give us a consistently good roster. The ones that overplay their ranking jump to the league just when they're getting ready to help. If we're able to, I'd rather just load up on top 30 guys every year.

Last edited: