Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving this one two days before it's locked. The vultures are circling.
I'd really hope we dont lock it.

I get locking threads that get political or controversial. But if this decommitment thread gets shut down because it transitions to a more generalized discussion on decommitting itself I think thats a bridge too far. It's a connected discussion.

I'd really hope we dont lock it.

I get locking threads that get political or controversial. But if this decommitment thread gets shut down because it transitions to a more generalized discussion on decommitting itself I think thats a bridge too far. It's a connected discussion.
It turns into an airing of grievances, JB needing to hang them up and somehow a Kadary/Joe reference in most cases. Philosophical would be a good connection but it never goes that way. It's program bashing time after news like this.

Try reading. There is not a single excuse in that post.
Why bring up a “bigger picture” in a recruiting thread? Unless you’re trying to divert attention from the extremely large elephant sitting in the corner.

Why bring up a “bigger picture” in a recruiting thread? Unless you’re trying to divert attention from the extremely large elephant sitting in the corner.

Because as expected it turns into a greatest hits of everyone's personal complaints about the program no matter any of the details on the actual topic itself. We already have 5000 threads that sound the same.

Nothing going forward is a given. We need to keep recruiting hard despite the landscape changing soon and not knowing if we can compete in an NIL rat race once big numbers start becoming norm. So my point is enjoy what we can, it sucks but this cycle isn't over. As opposed to the predictable dog pile.

Last edited:
For the record, and all jokes aside: I don’t blame Lands for reacting to a New World, and for reevaluating his future based on a tremendous new set of opportunities. If we do compete with NIL and he does end up coming—no hard feelings.

If the staff values him and still can’t/won’t figure out a competitive set of circumstances to get him, well, that’s on the staff.

If the staff values him and still can’t/won’t figure out a competitive set of circumstances to get him, well, that’s on the staff.

You mean how to be the highest or close the highest bidder? I’m sure you know the coaches nor the school can offer money.

I was called crazy when I said this is the same Dior situation. Said I would be surprised if he ever stepped foot on campus. The NIL is going to hurt Syracuse. No one is going to pay money to recruits for sponsorship in CNY. This is just the start unfortunately. SU will get good players but between the g league offers and NIL offers, kids are going to realize there is a lot more out there than playing in front of 25k people.

Call me negative, but I call it reality. This is now strike 4 or 5 for priority recruits. And no Copeland was not a priority recruit. Taylor was and that was great but he had no NIL potential hence his commitment. Recruiting isn’t that hard to figure out, not sure why we all make it so complex on here.

He says Syracuse is one of his top schools, but the staff is not going to wait on him. That’s not how they do things. They will be moving on

Because as expected it turns into a greatest hits of everyone's personal complaints about the program no matter any of the details on the actual topic itself. We already have 5000 threads that sound the same.

Nothing going forward is a given. We need to keep recruiting hard despite the landscape changing soon and not knowing if we can compete in an NIL rat race once big numbers start becoming norm. So my point is enjoy what we can, it sucks but this cycle isn't over. As opposed to the predictable dog pile.
And my point is that it is a given for a lot of other teams.

Darius Bazley ring a bell, before the NIL nonsense? Dior Johnson I’ll give a pass to the staff on, but at what point do you take the orange blinders off and start seeing what the true picture is?

I was called crazy when I said this is the same Dior situation. Said I would be surprised if he ever stepped foot on campus. The NIL is going to hurt Syracuse. No one is going to pay money to recruits for sponsorship in CNY. This is just the start unfortunately. SU will get good players but between the g league offers and NIL offers, kids are going to realize there is a lot more out there than playing in front of 25k people.

Call me negative, but I call it reality. This is now strike 4 or 5 for priority recruits. And no Copeland was not a priority recruit. Taylor was and that was great but he had no NIL potential hence his commitment. Recruiting isn’t that hard to figure out, not sure why we all make it so complex on here.

He says Syracuse is one of his top schools, but the staff is not going to wait on him. That’s not how they do things. They will be moving on
NIL can help Syracuse a lot more than you think. Especially basketball.

Another excuse on top of all the others. So sick of it.

Ok so the goal now is to figure out how to change this because we can’t continue to lose top recruits to NIL. Syracuse needs to rethink how we recruit and ensure we use the NIL to our advantage just like other schools do

How many SU basketball players have deals so far ? I think you’re mistaken

we are just getting started with NIL and I don’t feel the University has used this to their full potential has yet. Why can’t we use our state to our advantage!

I am taking the orange blinders off, I failed to see the impact of the portal, paying high school players and the NIL on basketball recruiting.The highest bidder triumphs.

You mean how to be the highest or close the highest bidder? I’m sure you know the coaches nor the school can offer money.
Yeah. I didn’t suggest the school makes an offer.

Gonzaga, Nova...its not all nil. Reality is that Cuse in the ACC is not prestigious. Cuse in the Big East was prestigious. maybe nil will ultimately help us? Our problem is that football required the ACC but basketball was sacrificed. In any case, coIllege sports will be professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom