Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant thats two decommitts in one class.

Dior was a totally different animal. It's clear Kamari wants the best deal he can get NIL wise. Guessing other guys are in his ear talking about the deals they might have been offered. It's the new normal along with the portal so I guess we just have to get used to it.

Dior was a totally different animal. It's clear Kamari wants the best deal he can get NIL wise. Guessing other guys are in his ear talking about the deals they might have been offered. It's the new normal along with the portal so I guess we just have to get used to it.
How is it any different? Dior clearly got the same deal at Oregon.

I will never wish ill on anyone, but I’m certainly not going out of my way to wish a player well who walks away from a commitment. I don’t get #Cuse fans who do, who are all like “Good luck in the future”…

A decommit is just another player now. I wish them as much “well” as I do the other thousand guys not in Orange.

This cycle is far from over. Way too many defeatist posts in here. I think the vids of who he was playing with was the tell. Not sure what staff did wrong here given he never visited. Its a kid wanting to see those $$$s show up. It's something that can and probably will spiral out of control soon.

Last edited:

Reached by phone shortly after posting his decision on social media, Lands explained that he wanted to be recruited again so he could hear from coaches about his opportunities under the NCAA’s new legislation allowing athletes to profit off their name, image and likeness.

“I’ve been thinking about this ever since the NIL bill came out,’' Lands said. “I haven’t had the opportunity to be recruited in that way.’'

Lands, a native of Indianapolis, recently announced that he would transfer from Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif., to Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix, Ariz.

Lands said going to Syracuse remains an option. Prior to his April commitment Lands also had scholarship offers from Texas Tech, Xavier, DePaul and many others.

“I still like Syracuse,’' Lands said. “Everything’s open right now, but Syracuse is still one of my top schools.’'

Lands said the Syracuse coaches had been trying to get him to take an official visit to the SU campus. He said he might still take one in the fall.

So the local businesses are the primary recruiters now?

How is it any different? Dior clearly got the same deal at Oregon.

Didn't you read on everything he wanted before the middle of the night calls etc etc? A couple folks were so kind to share that the split was very much us wanting to break ties.

So the local businesses are the primary recruiters now?

Car dealerships in Lexington and Baton Rouge pay a heckuva lot more than Drivers Village.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Or we could just play the game.
No choice. Don’t we have the Falk College of Sport Management? Shouldn’t that be the leading resource of expertise in the subject in the whole wide world? And we are (we’re?) New York’s college team or somesuch. New York is the media and ad capital of the world. And we have Newhouse, a leading school for advertising. Shouldn’t all of that lead to Syracuse being a major player in NIL?

The hangup must be our performance. Getting companies to put money into a league mid pack program is… a complication. Hayseed Tech can get KoolAid money just because it plays for the football championship every year….

No choice. Don’t we have the Falk College of Sport Management? Shouldn’t that be the leading resource of expertise in the subject in the whole wide world? And we are (we’re?) New York’s college team or somesuch. New York is the media and ad capital of the world. And we have Newhouse, a leading school for advertising. Shouldn’t all of that lead to Syracuse being a major player in NIL?

The hangup must be our performance. Getting companies to put money into a league mid pack program is… a complication. Hayseed Tech can get KoolAid money just because it plays for the football championship every year….

Honestly- we are the Portland of the NCAA in my opinion.

Some of you are missing the bigger picture. The major college sports landscape is like one of those glaciers ready to break off. I'm gonna try and enjoy whatever we have left to enjoy as the college hoops in a traditional sense. I know we talk about upcoming years with more excitement ( or did for some of you) but reality is once the football dominoes drop and the NCAA officially steps back into a smaller role the entire landscape will flip upside down. At that point it will be a money race- do we have the resources to play ball long term?

Didn't you read on everything he wanted before the middle of the night calls etc etc? A couple folks were so kind to share that the split was very much us wanting to break ties.

Most people thought he was gleague bound. If we lose him to another school it's not a good look.

This cycle is far from over. Way too many defeatist posts in here. I think the vids of who he was playing with was the tell. Not sure what staff did wrong here given he never visited. Its a kid wanting to see those $$$s show up. It's something that can and probably will spiral out of control soon.

I think people are tired of seeing "generational talents" decommitting. It just feels like almost every year we lose an elite recruit. It takes a mental toll.

Most people thought he was gleague bound. If we lose him to another school it's not a good look.

Yeah but there was so much more going on here. It appears he grew up a little but back when we split it was a smart split. I would wager a good amount that if NIL wasn't announced Dior doesn't play college ball.

Some of you are missing the bigger picture. The major college sports landscape is like one of those glaciers ready to break off. I'm gonna try and enjoy whatever we have left to enjoy as the college hoops in a traditional sense. I know we talk about upcoming years with more excitement ( or did for some of you) but reality is once the football dominoes drop and the NCAA officially steps back into a smaller role the entire landscape will flip upside down. At that point it will be a money race- do we have the resources to play ball long term?
LOL keep up with the excuses. Gonzaga is the preseason number 1 in the country. Try again.

LOL keep up with the excuses. Gonzaga is the preseason number 1 in the country. Try again.

Try reading. There is not a single excuse in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom