Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

I can’t help but wonder how teammates adjust, mesh and react to big NIL players. Tough for coaches but also teammates not valued as much by outside boosters.

No doubt there will be jealousy… only natural…

I can’t help but wonder how teammates adjust, mesh and react to big NIL players. Tough for coaches but also teammates not valued as much by outside boosters.
then playing time is also almost out of the coaches hands...

empowering people before they have earned it is great and all but it has clear downsides built in.

Well, we probably are. But when you are a west coast kid and UCLA comes calling, you are going to listen.
Correct. I still believe that SU is in a great position with him, but UCLA extending a formal offer is something to monitor. UCLA is a hometown team for him and a top-10 squad. I do believe UCLA will have several forwards on its roster in 2023, so not sure how the 2023 versus 2024 situation would pan out. My understanding is SU is focused on Marcus for 2023 (at least that's what Adam W.'s NIL offer is for). FWIW, I talked to Adam W. about 45 minutes ago regarding Marcus. We'll see how this all shakes out! :)

If he goes 23 its probably cuse
I agree. A commitment announcement sooner rather than later, and a 2023 class designation, and I like SU a lot. 2024 and a decision after the next AAU circuit, and I'm less optimistic.

I actulally thought one of the reasons to get him for 2023 is to get him before he blows up
and because we need a forward for next season. can't dance with the current group.

College basketball as we know it is not long for this world. The athletes are semi-pro. They will unionize and demand a share of the gate. The current situation is unstable. Who knows what will happen. Will college teams become NBA farm teams? Will colleges lease out their stadiums to a new organization? Does the G league become AAA status and power conferences AA? The rest A? Amateurs only in Div. 2? What happens to nonmonetary sports when excess revenue is no longer availale?