Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

One thing you can expect from Red too is better roster management with every player on the roster being able to play in case a kid like this changes his mind. There’s a few players on the team right now that literally will never play and that is not something Red is going to do going forward. He will have a team of players who are fit to play or will manage the roster for a situation like this way better than JB

One thing you can expect from Red too is better roster management with every player on the roster being able to play in case a kid like this changes his mind. There’s a few players on the team right now that literally will never play and that is not something Red is going to do going forward. He will have a team of players who are fit to play or will manage the roster for a situation like this way better than JB
Any indication of whether the staff expects Peter Carey to be a significant contributor at Syracuse ever?

Significant and contributor are two wild ends of the spectrum. All of us expect neither

So pretty certain I get 2 out of the 3 noted in your previous post. Third one has me guessing. That said love this methodology from Red. Gotta have a roster full of guys you expect can help.

So pretty certain I get 2 out of the 3 noted in your previous post. Third one has me guessing. That said love this methodology from Red. Gotta have a roster full of guys you expect can help.
I’ll take a stab at this: Carey, Patterson and Cuffe (coming off 2 years of not playing).

FYI on Marcus:
Ugh, he is going to end up at freaking Gonzaga and he is going to be really good. It may take a couple of years, because of his injury. But, he is going to be really good. And, whatever school gets him likely gets his brother in a couple years, too. And, his brother is going to be even better than him.

I doubt he would have taken a transfer who he thinks will never play. All I can think of are Patterson and Carey.
How about the possibility of Hima Mounir, MacCloud, Benny Williams, Judah Mintz and/or JJ Starling leaving instead of Patterson and Carey?

Williams. Mintz and Starling are considerations because of the probable marketable seasons they will have. MacCloud because of his age and Mounir because of limited playing time are possibilities for consideration for leaving after this next season. If Carey leaves, it will be because of his continual injury limitations (he hasn’t play organized basketball for almost two years to date) and that will be a joint decision between he and Red.

I foresee that two or more players from this upcoming season will leave after the season ends. We have 2 2024 recruits coming in and possibly 1 more from high school or the portal.

Let’s see after the season plays out. It will be an issue/concern that Red will manage.

FYI on Marcus:
No UCLA?? That’s where everyone thought he was going to go originally. I don’t think he was recruited by any of those schools before, or they weren’t among his finalists. I wish we had space for Adams now.

Probably Mounir Hima if they want Maliq Brown as backup C option too
McLeod and Hima do seem a little redundant given the style change. I think Hima could take a nice step forward though and help if McLeod gets in foul trouble or struggles in a game and we need a traditional center out there. But Brown can guard on the perimeter and switch and also run, so he'll probably take minutes at center and that means Hima's the odd man out.

How about the possibility of Hima Mounir, MacCloud, Benny Williams, Judah Mintz and/or JJ Starling leaving instead of Patterson and Carey?

Williams. Mintz and Starling are considerations because of the probable marketable seasons they will have. MacCloud because of his age and Mounir because of limited playing time are possibilities for consideration for leaving after this next season. If Carey leaves, it will be because of his continual injury limitations (he hasn’t play organized basketball for almost two years to date) and that will be a joint decision between he and Red.

I foresee that two or more players from this upcoming season will leave after the season ends. We have 2 2024 recruits coming in and possibly 1 more from high school or the portal.

Let’s see after the season plays out. It will be an issue/concern that Red will manage.

I DO think we'll see at least 2 of those guys leave, but not to transfer -- to head to the NBA [Mintz and Starling].

McLeod and Hima do seem a little redundant given the style change. I think Hima could take a nice step forward though and help if McLeod gets in foul trouble or struggles in a game and we need a traditional center out there. But Brown can guard on the perimeter and switch and also run, so he'll probably take minutes at center and that means Hima's the odd man out.
Somebody here once implied the Highlander had issues with his conditioning at Florida State and needed to go in shorter stints of playing time to be really effective. Some guys can get better motors by better conditioning, but some guys are just made that way. I don't know if that means he needs 2 minutes rest for every 4 played or more or less rest.

Either way, if this is true, we will see a lot of McLeod's backups, and could come to really appreciate Hima.

Probably Mounir Hima if they want Maliq Brown as backup C option too
But Hima already transferred once. So he’d have to sit out if he wants to transfer again. That means he’s probably locked in for the long haul, same with MacLeod.