Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

That's true but they are going to have elite (pro level) training facilities for all their sports I imagine.
However the floor on their home court looks like vomit. Remind him don't end up like post SU Quincy G.
Quincy ended up like that because he got poor advice. Instead of working on a 15-20 foot jumper, his camp told him he needed to be a perimeter player. He's arguably worse at Oregon than he ever was at SU.

Quincy ended up like that because he got poor advice. Instead of working on a 15-20 foot jumper, his camp told him he needed to be a perimeter player. He's arguably worse at Oregon than he ever was at SU.
Inarguably. He was a very underrated player for us. Would have been a key contributor and best forward the past truly seasons. A shame

Marcus Adams Puts Syracuse in Top Five, Discusses Official Visit

Originally posted on FanNation All Syracuse
By Mike McAllister | Last updated 2/1/23

New! Yardbarker on MSN​

microsoft.png

Are you a Windows user?
Follow Yardbarker on MSN to get our exclusive content in your Microsoft News feed
Syracuse basketball has been in hot pursuit of forward Marcus Adams out of Narbonne High in California. Adams can be part of the 2023 or 2024 classes and has not yet made a decision on which he will be choose. Adams released a top five of Syracuse, Texas, UCLA, Oregon and Mississippi State on Wednesday, just days after officially visiting the Orange.

"I liked the coaches," Adams said. "Coach Griffin gave us a tour around campus. It's a great campus. We all ate dinner together and was talking. They treated me like I'm part of the team already, which was cool. I loved the atmosphere in the Dome, it was a crazy atmosphere. Maybe if I'm thinking about it, I hope to play there soon."

Part of the visit was also Adams meeting with the Syracuse coaches to discuss his skill set, how he would be utilized and how he fits into their system.
"I'd be a multi-level scorer," Adams said. "I could go make an impact when it comes to scoring, athleticism, shooting and rebounding. I could make a big impact on that. Defense and rebounding too."

The 6-8 forward also spoke over the phone to a Syracuse legend in Carmelo Anthony during the visit.
"He told me that it's great," Adams said. "He said he supports me and stuff like that. He the school. He played there and loved it up there. He said I'm going to love it too and said good luck wherever I go. It was crazy. I didn't expect him to talk to me specifically. He knew about me and stuff like that so it was kind of crazy to me."

A highlight of the visit was attending Syracuse's game against Virginia Monday night. The fans made a big impression on Adams.
"It was crazy," Adams said. "I love the atmosphere and love the fans. They were walking up to me and saying 'we need you. We want you' and stuff like that. 'You'd fit in here' and 'Orange looks good on you.' Took some pictures, signed some autographs, things like that. It was pretty cool out there."
Overall, the visit enhanced Adams' view of the Orange.

"It boosted it a lot," Adams said. "Checked all the boxes, which was pretty cool. So I'm looking forward to thinking about it."
Adams also has a decision timeframe in mind.

"I'm saying in a couple of weeks up to a month, I'll commit," Adams said. "Before championship playoffs. February 18th or 25th, around there."
Adams said he will likely verbally commit at that time and make a decision on 2023 or 2024 after that. He does not have anything scheduled but could visit Oregon and/or Mississippi State before a decision.
Take that free trip to Eugene. I for one would love to get a free weekend trip to watch basketball, party, and enjoy some extra curriculars

Looks impressive but in all honesty, I would prefer an upperclassmen portal forward next year than Adams (and maybe we do both).
I will be happy with a Portal center, because it will be a must for next year. This kid wears jersey #21; I have a feeling that with his shooting, and mature frame, he comes in and plays like another Syracuse freshman forward from yesteryear that wore #21.

If Adams makes his way to SU, SU might want to try both Chris and Justin at the two guard. Judah has the ball 95% of the time so they won’t have to handle the ball that much. It would help the zone out front making SU much bigger. It might be worth a look.

If Adams makes his way to SU, SU might want to try both Chris and Justin at the two guard. Judah has the ball 95% of the time so they won’t have to handle the ball that much. It would help the zone out front making SU much bigger. It might be worth a look.

If Adams can handle the rock at this level you can absolutely have Chris at the 2.

I don't see it.

Other than shooting the ball, he has no other discernible guard skills. In fact, he's rather poor at all of them besides shooting.

He's a Southerland clone -- don't see him as a guard in any capacity.

I'm not disagreeing with the above... but hoping maybe he could add more to his game.

I don't see it.

Other than shooting the ball, he has no other discernible guard skills. In fact, he's rather poor at all of them besides shooting.

He's a Southerland clone -- don't see him as a guard in any capacity.
Are you talking about Bell or Taylor?

JB has already said that they are grooming Taylor for a 2G role at some point. He does put the floor pretty well and if he can improve his shooting he would be a more athletic version of Buddy. He even looks a little like Buddy. Taylor as a 2G, I don't see that at all.

Relying on a reclass kid to be a major difference maker year one is risky business.

Not saying anything about Adams in particular, just a general statement. I’m really interested to see how he’s rated by the services that haven’t yet and in updates by 247.

JB has already said that they are grooming Taylor for a 2G role at some point. He does put the floor pretty well and if he can improve his shooting he would be a more athletic version of Buddy. He even looks a little like Buddy. Taylor as a 2G, I don't see that at all.
you mean you dont see bell as 2g

Take that free trip to Eugene. I for one would love to get a free weekend trip to watch basketball, party, and enjoy some extra curriculars
No. Good last impressions go a long way. We don't have a good history with recruits leaning towards us then having opportunities for second thoughts or doubts.

problem is CB can’t handle the rock. Like at all
That is one of the issues I have with our coaches. We get kids who come in as freshmen lacking a particular skill set and they are labeled and not encouraged to build on that lacking skill set. If that's the case, why do we even have position/skill coaches? Why do 3 or 4 year guys come in and leave pretty much with the same skill set? Bell is a terrific shooter and with ball handling/dribbling training from now through the summer, with our coaches or outside skills trainers he should improve drastically by next season and beyond. These are kids who should still be learning and growing and not labeled and growth stunted.

Last edited: