Class of 2017 - SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona

Dunno why my name is being thrown out there when I had bounced from the board when homie was dropping his daily tidbits about that situation for nearly a month and half. FYI the coaches never got confirmation that he was coming until a few days prior before he stepped on campus. The recruitment was a show, but none of that matters as long as we got him in the end.

If this place had a Mount Rushmore, you'd be on it my man. I'm fundamentally bothered that anybody can cause you to leave here. I hope you know how much everyone appreciates you around here.

Dunno why my name is being thrown out there when I had bounced from the board when homie was dropping his daily tidbits about that situation for nearly a month and half. FYI the coaches never got confirmation that he was coming until a few days prior before he stepped on campus. The recruitment was a show, but none of that matters as long as we got him in the end.
Not to bring up an old story, but this is what I heard as well. Doesn't matter really, nor do I care. I appreciate all info from every poster!

I did, thanks. It was very difficult. Now I'm sitting on my couch and missing Angus, who is always to my left. (For those who are wondering, we had to put our 9 year old Frenchie to sleep tonight). Our home feels empty.

Oh man, that stinks.

I can relate to how difficult it is to put a beloved pet to sleep. Especially one who's been with your family for so long. Condolences, V.

Getting back on subject - Brandon Randolph... any chance he gives a commitment this weekend? I know not a lot of people really have much of an idea what is going on with him...

I will go out on a limb and say pretty close to zero. Think he's going to take the recruiting process slowly but hopefully he ends up choosing SU in the end. I really, really want him in Orange next season.

He's our Jerry Meyer.

Totally not my point. I mean even the kids themselves are not posting anything. The typical cycle for a visit is kid shows up and then you see at least a tweet saying "Had a great visit" maybe even a picture of them with JB, etc. Then there is a zags article or similar with some superlatives about the visit, maybe a quote from a parent or HS coach, etc. Yeah it is all boilerplate and you don't learn a tremendous amount from it, but it sort of cements that the visit happened and it was at least ok. The last we saw that type of thing was I guess Matt Moyer's visit? We;ve had some monster heavyweight recruits on campus in the past few months and have heard almost nothing from them.

It's just odd, nothing more really.

That's the part confusing me the most too. These kids usually share everything but there's been multiple in a row visit with not a single tweet regarding their visit.

I did, thanks. It was very difficult. Now I'm sitting on my couch and missing Angus, who is always to my left. (For those who are wondering, we had to put our 9 year old Frenchie to sleep tonight). Our home feels empty.

Its the absolute worst. My 1st pup as an adult only made it til 5 and then got Lymphoma and went downhill pretty quickly and had to be put down after about 6 months. Took me about a year before I could even think about getting another but now have 2 and the cycle begins yet again.

Nothing wrong with a one on one visit also. Group visits can be great but I would think the staff would like alone time with the recruit and his family as well. Let them know that he is the most important recruit at the present time.

Maybe so, but I'm not so sure there are enough weekends left before the early signing period to do it this way.

Last edited:

I'm guessing that the way to reconcile this with O13's many posts is that I believe O13's sources were a player (or players) on the team who were getting info from AW3, talking up his excitement, but he waited (and waited and waited) to officially pull the trigger.

That's the part confusing me the most too. These kids usually share everything but there's been multiple in a row visit with not a single tweet regarding their visit.

Maybe the staff has discouraged it.

I'm guessing that the way to reconcile this with O13's many posts is that I believe O13's sources were a player (or players) on the team who were getting info from AW3, talking up his excitement, but he waited (and waited and waited) to officially pull the trigger.

O13 was getting all his info on the administrative side. He has one connection, albeit a good one.

AW3 filled out generic paperwork for academic support for but never confirmed his decision with staff. As per Francis, the staff didn't know until a few days before he arrived that he was coming for sure.

O13 may have been jumping the gun a little because AW3 might have filled out paperwork for other schools as well. If you look at all his posts, he was referring to that paperwork as the reason he was sure, and he posted that there would be an "official" commitment on at least a half dozen different dates over the summer. His repeated posts got people pretty cranked up. He did the same thing in the TT thread with the same results.

AW3 and TT are not a big social media guys, so there was little in they way of info on twitter like recruits usually have and we are all used to. AW3 might have decided two months ago, but apparently the staff had not received any word. But O13 was sure.

Just glad he's here.

O13 was getting all his info on the administrative side. He has one connection, albeit a good one.

AW3 filled out generic paperwork for academic support for but never confirmed his decision with staff. As per Francis, the staff didn't know until a few days before he arrived that he was coming for sure.

O13 may have been jumping the gun a little because AW3 might have filled out paperwork for other schools as well. If you look at all his posts, he was referring to that paperwork as the reason he was sure, and he posted that there would be an "official" commitment on at least a half dozen different dates over the summer. His repeated posts got people pretty cranked up. He did the same thing in the TT thread with the same results.

AW3 and TT are not a big social media guys, so there was little in they way of info on twitter like recruits usually have and we are all used to. AW3 might have decided two months ago, but apparently the staff had not received any word. But O13 was sure.

Just glad he's here.

White did tell players he was coming. That was confirmed by other people. Whether he said that to players at other schools, nobody knows.

Maybe that's part of the MO of the kids we are recruiting. Good kids, good students, good family atmosphere, not interested in blasting all over social media. For me it still comes back to the Tobias Harris debacle. Would have been a great player for us but he was more interested in seeing his name lit up all over the different forms of media as a recruit. I don't remember if our staff new what his final decision was or not. I know they had a game to coach but did Tobias let our staff know ahead of time. What a clown show.

White did tell players he was coming. That was confirmed by other people. Whether he said that to players at other schools, nobody knows.
Reading the VCU boards and MSU/Miami slightly, no one seemed to know anything close to what O13 did. Now, for all I know there's no true insiders on any of those boards, so they might not get info anyway. But based on O13's info and the fact that VCU/MichiganState/Miami had had nothing from White, I don't believe White give any of those other 3 schools anything close to indiciation he'd be going there.

Just glad he's here.
Cliff notes version of 400 pages of nonsense.

AW3 said that he did not decide until the last minute. Does he have a motive for lying? It is not like he was trying to cover up a money laundering operation. I believe him.

My apologies.

I think Randolph is the SG I like us to land most. Love Walker too, but Randolph seems to be a perfect fit for SU.

Last edited: