Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

No. He won’t be number 1. Cooper Flagg is in this class.
Yeah, FWIW, On3 national analyst Jamie Shaw told me a few days ago that he thinks Jalil can push for the top five, but No. 1 is probably out of reach, given Flagg's reclassification to 2024.

Yeah, obviously gotta monitor Duke and UK, however, Jalil has said countless times that he's all about relationships and which coaching staffs are prioritizing him/showing him love. Other than Miami, can't really say any other team has shown more love to Jalil than SU, so hopefully that loyalty wins out in the end. Plus, Donnie is recruiting him and are current players!

Yeah, obviously gotta monitor Duke and UK, however, Jalil has said countless times that he's all about relationships and which coaching staffs are prioritizing him/showing him love. Other than Miami, can't really say any other team has shown more love to Jalil than SU, so hopefully that loyalty wins out in the end. Plus, Donnie is recruiting him and are current players!
we'll see how true that is. If he ends up at a UK or Duke, we know that it was BS. I felt really strongly that he's ours, but this is gonna be even more of a battle now.

we'll see how true that is. If he ends up at a UK or Duke, we know that it was BS. I felt really strongly that he's ours, but this is gonna be even more of a battle now.
Totally agree on all fronts ... I'm trying to get in touch with a few national recruiting experts to gauge how Duke/UK could impact SU's chances with Jalil.

Totally agree on all fronts ... I'm trying to get in touch with a few national recruiting experts to gauge how Duke/UK could impact SU's chances with Jalil.
What about the possibility of him pulling a Flowers and heading to Australia, or the G- League?

I’m more concerned with him going to G league over Kentucky or Duke. Cuse is the leader and with how good he is, he wants to play where he wants to be and the system he’s playing in. Reds system is perfect for him and he knows that. G league is possible issue though

That was really upsetting re: Trentyn. If fans want to be mad about the timing of his decision, so be it, but death threats, wishing him to get injured, etc. If that stuff occurred, it's shameful.
Every fan base has its buttholes. But, I imagine Louisville is loaded with uneducated douchebags…too go along with a few intelligent fans.

I’m more concerned with him going to G league over Kentucky or Duke. Cuse is the leader and with how good he is, he wants to play where he wants to be and the system he’s playing in. Reds system is perfect for him and he knows that. G league is possible issue though
Hasn’t he said he wants to play in college? I know things change but…

Hasn’t he said he wants to play in college? I know things change but…
Jalil is really flying up the rankings. He has worked really hard and it’s paying off. Hopefully, if he decides to go to college, he values the relationships he’s developed. If he goes somewhere to make money, it’s understandable. If he chooses that route, hopefully he does it early, unlike Flowers.

They all say that until they get a check in front of them for 500k+
Well, from the optimistic insiders here, I would hope our NIL would pony up. If he comes in as a legitimate top 5 recruit, the impact is on more than just one year in the court. It signals to the following classes that SU is back as a destination school.
There could be a significant synergy between resurgent, exciting, competitive SU sports, the anticipated influx of Micron and Micron adjacent workers, and attendance. Highly rated recruits add fuel.

Well, from the optimistic insiders here, I would hope our NIL would pony up. If he comes in as a legitimate top 5 recruit, the impact is on more than just one year in the court. It signals to the following classes that SU is back as a destination school.
There could be a significant synergy between resurgent, exciting, competitive SU sports, the anticipated influx of Micron and Micron adjacent workers, and attendance. Highly rated recruits add fuel.
I still think he comes to cuse. I think they have a great plan for him and he definitely wants to play college ball. Plus their NIL efforts have ramped up. Just always covering my ground lol

I still think he comes to cuse. I think they have a great plan for him and he definitely wants to play college ball. Plus their NIL efforts have ramped up. Just always covering my ground lol
The Gregory Brothers Writing It Down GIF by VidCon

We need to outperform these next ten years in all sports to not be left behind
Meh. MBB/FB for sure. MLAX might help incrementally. WBB too maybe. The rest are nice but at the end of the day, matter little in this conversation. I hope they all do well - MSOC winning a national title was great last year. It that doesn’t move the needle for conference realignment.

I think they have a great plan for him and he definitely wants to play college ball.
Until he doesn't (like you said earlier). What a kid who's being recruited says doesn't mean a ton to me. We've been burned so many times before. That all said, it is encouraging to hear how we stand in a very good position. He would be a HUGE get!

Until he doesn't (like you said earlier). What a kid who's being recruited says doesn't mean a ton to me. We've been burned so many times before. That all said, it is encouraging to hear how we stand in a very good position. He would be a HUGE get!
These are some of the consequences that are possible when you go after the big fish… rollercoaster rides always but this has been the smoothest of them yet

These are some of the consequences that are possible when you go after the big fish… rollercoaster rides always but this has been the smoothest of them yet

I have the feeling that we are only still click-clicking up the lift hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom