Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

I wish the Bama visit wasn't so far back, which will delay his decision. I figured they want him to go to a football game, but, luckily for us, 10/23 is a Monday, just two days after Bama plays Tenn at home, so no Bama football game for Jalil.

I'm sure the plan is to put multiple ball handlers on the court and push the tempo, but does anyone know if the plan is for Jalil to be the primary ballhandler, or is the staff pitching him to play off the ball, or a combo of both? He's listed as a SG. Being lead guard in college would probably help his draft stock. Also thinking about fit alongside Moore. I have the utmost confidence Bethea could play any of those rolls, but I'm not sure what he wants to do or what the staff wants to do.

I'm sure the plan is to put multiple ball handlers on the court and push the tempo, but does anyone know if the plan is for Jalil to be the primary ballhandler, or is the staff pitching him to play off the ball, or a combo of both? He's listed as a SG. Being lead guard in college would probably help his draft stock. Also thinking about fit alongside Moore. I have the utmost confidence Bethea could play any of those rolls, but I'm not sure what he wants to do or what the staff wants to do.
My guess is he would be the lead guard. He would play the role Judah does. But, we’d continue with three guards on the floor, all handling the ball at times. I think that would be a great pitch to all guards because it allows them to showcase all of their skills.

My guess is he would be the lead guard. He would play the role Judah does. But, we’d continue with three guards on the floor, all handling the ball at times. I think that would be a great pitch to all guards because it allows them to showcase all of their skills.
That's how I've thought of him -- Judah's replacement. Makes sense. And he can play alongside Moore, Copeland, Cuffe, Westry etc. and share duties. I'm guessing Starling is with Judah on draft night.

Doing some digging, theres a Nova insider on their board who is tied into the local scene in Philly, he has heard Cuse is the most likely landing spot but says to watch out for Bama. Fingers crossed...

Editing to add that KU insiders feel similarly that Cuse leads. Normally take "insiders" opinions from other boards with a grain of salt but I dont think they'd be saying someone is probably going somewhere other than their school without some form of info.

Last edited:
My sense would be that given Jalil's rise, that guidance for him receiving a compelling Nil offering I would think would have been given. My hope would be Dome + strong Red/Staff relationships(per Jalil himself)+ close to home + likely compelling Nil would translate to a high probability for a commit. Based on what you all are sharing, I think we are likely in a very strong position. Obviously no guarantees in life but death and taxes but it feels like there should be some reason for optimism here which is great.

This Bama vs Cuse. HUGE that we are getting a second visit. Only thing that concerns me is BAMA getting the last visit. Our staff will do everything they can to close it up after his visit here and have him cancel Bama. But it’s Cuse vs Bama at this point and I don’t think he is going to cancel his visit to Bama when it’s one of his top 2. I still feel like this is 60-40 Cuse right now, but Bama is a player. I will say Red is a hell of a recruiter and this staff is soooooo much better at recruiting since JB left. Simple reason….they have a clear message they can send and they don’t have the dark cloud looming over them about who is going to be coaching next year. As the post above said, as long as Red can coach up the X’s and O’s, Cuse is back being a national player. Red will get the dawgs and we’ll be landing top 40 kids on the regular with some top 10 kids sprinkled in if Red can coach a lick. I think this season is going to be pretty big for the momentum of this program and if we are back in the tourney and winning 22+ games. The rest of the country needs to watch out

He will probably commit before Red ever coaches a game.
Top 20 shooting guard Jalil Bethea is down to five schools
“I’m not in any rush to make my decision,” Bethea said. “I want to watch the college games first and see how each team plays, then I’ll come to a decision in mid to late January probably.”

Not so sure on that based on this quote. That really seems tailored towards Syracuse since were the only school with question marks regarding the style that were going to play and how it translates to games. Would be incredibly beneficial to hit the ground running and pull of an upset or 2 in Maui.

Top 20 shooting guard Jalil Bethea is down to five schools
“I’m not in any rush to make my decision,” Bethea said. “I want to watch the college games first and see how each team plays, then I’ll come to a decision in mid to late January probably.”

Not so sure on that based on this quote. That really seems tailored towards Syracuse since were the only school with question marks regarding the style that were going to play and how it translates to games. Would be incredibly beneficial to hit the ground running and pull of an upset or 2 in Maui.

I agree. Sometimes people tell you who they are even when they want to keep it close. That quote from Bethea reads to me as Bethea saying "I'm going to Syracuse as long as they don't screw anything up."

He wants to see their play style to confirm what he already thinks, that he wants to play for Red at Syracuse. We need to show we can win, the play style works for him and the NIL is there, and if so, he's our guy. Plus, going on official visits is the most fun a kid can have in life.

It is a very wise decision for a young man, which implies either he's got good advisors or he's almost supernaturally mature for a teenager who's had smoke blown up his butt for his whole life.

I don't usually watch highlight video or games for uncommitted recruits, as we've had too many sure hits become heartbreakers through the years, but I might make an exception here.

Jalil, in your heart you know that the best choice for you is…​

IMG_5506.gif

I will say Red is a hell of a recruiter and this staff is soooooo much better at recruiting since JB left. Simple reason….they have a clear message they can send and they don’t have the dark cloud looming over them about who is going to be coaching next year.
Don't forget pure effort. It is simple as that. Red is working his ass off as is the rest of the staff. Recruiting is a younger man's game.

I am now officially excited again for fall official visit/early signing period. Being involved with this type of kid leads to heartbreak sometimes, but it is worth it regardless. Really makes it hard to understand what happened the last 5-8 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom